Elvis Presley FTD CD reissues (part 5)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by hodgo, Dec 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hodgo

hodgo Tea Making Gort (Yorkshire Branch) Staff Thread Starter

Sadly I can beat that, I still have my cassete copy in the loft of this I bought back in the seventies.......

[​IMG]

What possessed me I'll never know :shake: :help:

2. johnny q

johnny q Forum Resident

That's my favorite Elvis album!

Not!!! :)

hodgo likes this.
  3. Rick H.

Rick H. Raised on AM Radio

I bought the LP. I wonder if there's any outtakes and alternates.

heatherly and hodgo like this.
  4. johnny q

johnny q Forum Resident

For sure.....bootlegs compiled from soundboard recordings...multiple volumes.

Rick H. likes this.
  5. hodgo

FTD anyone?? :hide:

Rick H. likes this.
  6. johnny q

johnny q Forum Resident

I would rather see an Elvis Sings For Children And Grownups Too FTD :) The outtakes of 5 Sleepyheads would be sublime :)

hodgo and Rick H. like this.
  7. Pants Party

Pants Party MOSTLY PEACEFUL

You know I'm in! :shtiphat:

I've actually never heard this album. And before anyone replies "you don't want to!" -- :laugh: take a moment to understand how my mind works -- such comments will only make me want to hear it more!

hodgo likes this.
  8. Pants Party

I find it fun to try and win minds, though. Opinions are always legit, but the debate itself may be tiresome for many. Which is also a legit opinion.

9. czeskleba

czeskleba Senior Member

When I read that, I thought to myself, "I bet someone has needle dropped and uploaded the full album to youtube." And I was right. It's 2015, there's no excuse for not having heard this anymore:

hodgo likes this.
  10. Pants Party

:laugh:

I'm thinking I should wait for the 2-disc FTD Classic Album version.

SteveM, hodgo and heatherly like this.
  11. joejoe

joejoe Forum Resident

Any info on a re-release of A Boy From Tupelo : The Complete 1953-55 Recordings? Missed it the first time around but would love to have it in my collection.

12. heatherly

heatherly Well-Known Member

FTD??? No way put this out as a Legacy Edition, it deserves to take up as much retail space as possible!

hodgo likes this.
  13. Phil D

Phil D Forum Resident

As a collector I have everything by Elvis. That's not to say I like everything because I don't (and I don't wear any rose tinted specs). However, I don't feel the need to keep banging on about "this is good", "all this is crap". We all know Elvis had shortcomings, do we really need to keep hearing about them.

kollektionist likes this.
  14. PepiJean

PepiJean Forum Resident

I've got the complete original catalogue in CD (+ some 20 LPs) and the 3 decade sets.
    Now I don't need to have everything published on FTD. I know how Elvis sounds on "Double Trouble" or on those last albums in the 70s; I don't feel the need to "upgrade" this part of his legacy: the original album on a single CD is enough for me. On the other hand, I will be getting all those terrific highlights spread during his career on the collector label. Last one was "Back In Memphis" and it was marvellous to listen to all the way through. Let it roll!

Rick H. and SteveM like this.
  15. I would be careful joking about this, if I were you! Knowing how EVERYTHING released during his lifetime, good bad or indifferent, gets a "Classic Album" reissue on FTD, I see no reason why this album shouldn't also get the 2CD treatment! Come to think of it, applying the FTD criteria of exhaustive out-takes attached to the original material, this album could have a 20CD box set release with every bit of stage chatter included. I can't wait! :laugh:

Rick H. likes this.
  16. I can sort of agree with your methods here - mine are very similar: I have all the studio masters material sans the complete movie soundtracks (I currently have about 2/3 of those - the very best ones!) on CD, a similar number of LP's and a few selective FTD reissues, numbering about a dozen or so. I have a few duplicates with some 80's / 90 remasters where the mixes are different.

I bought the '60's box early on but I don't need that anymore as I have all the material in better sound now. Likewise, I never needed the '70's box as I had all this material already. Same applies to the '50's box. I don't really like having too much duplicated material without any purpose in mind.

If I could unload 5 movie s/track CD's (2010 issues), I'd probably go for the 20CD box set now!

17. MarkusGermany

MarkusGermany WINNING

I was always a 70s Elvis fan. So after collecting the usual Legacy Editions, albums and compilations (Gospel Masters, Elvis75 etc.) I got into FTD more and more. Now I own:
    1. The Jungle Room Sessions
    2. Moody Blue
    3. From Elvis P. B.
    4. Hits of the 70s
    5. E. Sings The Wonderful World of Christmas
    6. The E.P. Christmas Album
    7. On Tour - The Rehearsals
    8. Standing Room Only

I wish there would be such a great "Collector's Label" for the SINATRA catalog...

Pants Party likes this.
  18. Me too. I prefer the '70's to the 50's and the 60's!

No "Stax"? "Today"?

19. GroovinGarrett

GroovinGarrett Mrs. Stately's Garden

Yes, you are.

JeffreyB likes this.
  20. GroovinGarrett

GroovinGarrett Mrs. Stately's Garden

I wouldn't have ANY money left.

PepiJean and hodgo like this.
  21. hodgo

Me either! I have very little left due to music purchases as it is and that would only put me in the poor house!

22. hodgo

Maybe my terminology was a bit strong but that's the Yorkshire man in me, subtly is not something we're known for. Spending on Elvis can cost a lot of money in particular that "Complete Masters" set, over here it costs about £700 GBP ($1056 USD) or more. There's no point telling everyone its all wonderful when that's not the case, especially when for that same amount of money I bought the entire Non Movie catalogue in remastered format, including 30 FTD's with a wealth of extra material, plus Legacy Editions and Standard CD editions so people need to know there's an alternative with far greater content for the same amount of money, especially if they are from Yorkshire because we are also known for "Being Careful With Our Brass" :laugh:

Last edited: Jan 27, 2015
  23. Phil D

Phil D Forum Resident

Clearly you speak on behalf of everyone.

24. MarkusGermany

MarkusGermany WINNING

I have the Stax 3CD edition and the single Today CD.

25. Pants Party

Actually I was entirely joking! :laugh: :agree:

Now Czeskleba's YouTube post is beckoning me to click on it. :kilroy:

SteveM likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.