East Coasters - What are you listening to as you are bunkering down to avoid Blizzard '15?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Erik B., Jan 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

INDEED! the newz lives to make a grandstand chaos end of days weather any chance they can...it's incredible how down here they hype every single storm with tornado watches... in hurricane season they clobber us with end of days possibilities when a hurricane jumps off Africa... they follow it for weeks...each day they claim a bigger threat...I want to beat them up every season.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2015
    Sneaky Pete, Encuentro and fluffskul like this.
  2. fluffskul

fluffskul Would rather be at a concert

Playing my SHM-SACD of Black Sabbath Vol. 4 in honor of these last few posts.. by the way not an inch in Albany yet.

Clanceman likes this.
  3. gregorya

gregorya I approve of this message

I'm in Atlantic Canada, next stop for the storm after New England... Charging up portable devices just in case ;)

4. redmetalmoose

redmetalmoose Forum Resident

I'll shovel 3 feet of snow if I don't have to hear about Bill Belichick's "limp balls"for a couple of days.
    "Tubular Bells"that's what the doctor ordered.

5. Michael

sounds good!...I guess Bill's lament can be applied to any of the media weather mutts!

6. chef0069

chef0069 Forum Resident

Just after midnight, Suffolk Cty, Long Island, got about 8 inches already, and it's just starting, winds pickin up, supposed to go to 50 mph, 20-30 inches possible. Listening to Jobim, Stone Flower, prob throw on some Sun Ra after, gonna be a long couple of days, lots of shoveling, oh my sciatica!

Urban Spaceman likes this.
  7. Michael

yes! I have a bunch of portable battery packs that will give my phone hours of extra time...use my phone for a hotspot!

8. Michael

do I hear a snowblower?

9. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Senior Member

Not on the East Coast, but I would play Ace Frehley - Snow Blind. :righton:

Urban Spaceman likes this.
    1. Pandemonium Shadow Show Album by Harry Nilsson is on now
      Dylan Planet Waves is up next just to hear "On a Night Like This"

10. chef0069

chef0069 Forum Resident

Was going to buy a snow blower, nah, it prob won't snow this year, we had it all last year. Oh boy!

11. JuanTCB

JuanTCB Senior Member

Dave Brubeck - Time Out and Time Further Out. Now I'm deciding between Bill Evans or doing the warm California thing with Buffalo Springfield Again...

fluffskul likes this.
  12. erniebert

erniebert Shoe-string audiophile

I'm glad my mom's area isn't going to get that much.

Clanceman likes this.
  13. TheCatInSatinTrousers

TheCatInSatinTrousers Forum Resident

I'm in the DC suburbs and it took a while to start, but is really coming down now! Snowing sideways and it's the light, powdery kind. Hopefully it'll be enough for me to get out of work tomorrow ;)

I think I'll play all the "winter" songs from my Holiday/Winter playlist:
    Gwen Stefani: Early Winter
    Sarah Brightman: In The Bleak Midwinter & Colder Than Winter
    Simon & Garfunkel: Hazy Shade of Winter
    Sonic the Hedgehog Soundtrack: Ice Cap Zone act 2
    Steve Miller Band: In The Wintertime
    Wings: Winter Rose/Love Awake

Plus, Blue Oyster Cult's Imaginos & Tyranny and Mutation albums (recent gifts).

Clanceman likes this.
  14. redmetalmoose

You know the old expression "be careful what you wish for".
    Holy **** Batman!
    Patsy Cline"I'm Sorry"

15. lennonfan1

lennonfan1 Senior Member

The impending blizzard that had everyone in Baltimore freaking out amounted to about 2 inches of light dusting.
    As schools delay opening by hours because of this disaster, I cued up Chimpin' The Blues by Jerry Zolten and R. Crumb where they play some of their rarest 78's and discuss, beautiful splash vinyl....soon to be followed by the UK 12" single of Fleewood Mac Can't Go Back w/ Rhiannon, Tusk and Over and Over.

16. on7green

on7green Senior Patron

Waking up to snow flurries and Yo La Tengo.

17. Wally Swift

Wally Swift Yo-Yoing where I will...

Picked this up yesterday at Infinity Records on Long Island. I haven't heard it in years;

[​IMG]

Complier, Sneaky Pete and KipB like this.
  18. KipB

KipB Forum Resident

I listened to the Stones' Black and Blue this morning to celebrate that we only got 4 inches overnight in Bethel, CT.

19. Barnabas Collins

Barnabas Collins Senior Member

Same here, my workplace is closed today and they've never closed in the 8 years I've been an employee. No craft beer in the house for me (but I'll be making a special trip in time for the Superbowl for that) so I'll be sipping on Bacardi & Coke in between breaks shoveling the driveway. Soundtrack for today is going to be heavy, I think. Black Sabbath, Egypt,Monkey3 and maybe Black Mountain to mellow out. :)

20. redmetalmoose

I just took that picture for my avatar.If we don't get 4 ft I'll be surprised.
    "Mother of Pearl" Roxy Music and an Absolute Bloody Mary for breakfast
    F*** it I'm done...

21. spice9

spice9 Senior Member

Have Bread's Guitar Man on as I type this. Hey, I'm not going to hear it on.... oh never mind.

22. Efus

Efus Senior Member

Really washed out here from a predicted 20+, to about 6 inches.

Listened to a terrible band, Gundriver, an opener to a show I'm interested in seeing.

Def Leppard- High and Dry on vinyl, amazing the leap they took from the 1st album to the second.
    Very narrow soundstage, and say what you want about Mutt, but the record sounds good, and he got a great performance out of the band.

Traffic- John Barleycorn on vinyl, nice wide soundstage, mix a bit muddy, but a great classic record.

Steely Dan- Katy Lied on mfsl vinyl, not much of an improvement over the original (imo), just listening for sq, but got sucked into the great songs and arrangements on it.

Today? Who knows....

23. RelayerNJ

RelayerNJ Forum Resident

Yeah, they were pretty off on this one---good!

24. redmetalmoose

Is the original"Katy Lied" the one on the back where Donald or Walter talk about using new German pressing equipment that causes the variations in the grooves and they had no idea how it worked?Or am I having another one of my episodes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.