Grateful Dead - 50th Anniversary Speculation

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Crush87, May 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wright

Wright Forum Resident

Why is it that the Dead always underestimate their own draw? This is like the Fillmore '69 and Europe '72 boxes all over again... Realize that you're an important part of American culture, guys!

2. fishcane

fishcane Dirt Farmer

they build in demand

3. Dennis0675

Dennis0675 Hyperactive!

now that you say it, it was 93 when I was there.

fishcane likes this.
  4. IndyTodd

IndyTodd Senior Member

I'm guessing the number of tickets allocated to pricey VIP packages will increase after they have seen the market demand.

5. Crispy Rob

Crispy Rob Cat Juggler

Overlooked in all this is the fact that this year marks the 36th anniversary of Reconstruction. Time for an official release, please.

rockinlazys likes this.
  6. LandHorses

LandHorses I contain multitudes

My only trip to Autzen Stadium was 1990..........two outstanding shows.

skybluestoday likes this.
  7. Crispy Rob

Crispy Rob Cat Juggler

Those ARE great shows, the Eyes night especially. I didn't make it that year, but saw the '93 and '94 runs there, which were above par for those years, at least.

8. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

9. Tom H

Tom H Forum Resident

10. posnera

posnera Forum Resident

11. Tom H

Tom H Forum Resident

Post Offices everywhere have money orders on backorder...

12. RayS

RayS A Little Bit Older and a Little Bit Slower

And to think that some idiot on here said that the stadium would be half empty! Wait, that idiot was me! I'm elated to have been proven so overwhelmingly incorrect. Certainly one more reason to put the last show (or all three, I'd happily go three nights in a row) into theaters.

13. superstar19

superstar19 Authentic By Nature

Another idiot over here. I never would have guessed it. I certainly underestimated the interest as well as the power of "final performance together".

Mr. E. Tramp likes this.
  14. posnera

posnera Forum Resident

I wish you idiots were right! Now I have to sweat out the wait for mail order. You guys had me expecting front row floor seats hand delivered by Jerry's ghost!!!

Had a dream last night that the show was in a small theater. Shakedown opener. Then I woke up.

PteroDon and RayS like this.
  15. Tom H

Tom H Forum Resident

Yes, my initial confidence in getting tickets has now been cast in a shadow of uncertainty.

[​IMG]

wilejoe and wavethatflag like this.
  16. Rfreeman

Rfreeman Senior Member

Still an open question IMO. No way to know how extensively ticket resellers have invested in money orders and 3x5 index cards. It is clear that all seats will be sold, but not that all will be filled.

17. nitsuj

nitsuj Forum Resident

According to some folks on the Philzone discussion board: http://www.philzone.org/

"Pink Slips" (ticket rejection) from GDTS TOO are already being received by folks. It is assumed that the early rejections are due to letters being received with late/early postmarks, incorrect/incomplete following of directions, incorrect amount/type of payment, etc.

I have received no communication from GDTS at this point. How about anyone else paying attention here, heard anything?

18. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

I'm sure sure a good number of legit fans asked for floor GA's when only a limited amount are available.

While previously they may have capped capacity around 40,000, i wonder if they will now tried to fit in a number closer to the 68,000 that U2 did there 2009. other pictures from the early 90's have rear stage seating at Dead stadium shows.

19. posnera

posnera Forum Resident

I would hope that the demand gets them to use a more open stage which would allow for rear and side seating to be sold. Unless I am up close, I don't need a good view. They aren't much to look at...

20. wavethatflag

wavethatflag God is love, but get it in writing.

I'm actually starting to feel better about staying home. Given all the demand, that whole scene is going to consist of a stadium-sized cross section of human craziness and near hysteria of every stripe. And I'm sure this is not what was intended by the band members or what's left of the GD organization. The promoters on the other hand...

Do they really want to go out this way--a recreation of the late 80s and mid 90s circus? And what has poor Trey gotten himself into? That man is under the microscope.

But all of this is testament to the power of the name "Grateful Dead", even when only applied to the subject matter of the event and not the band that will take the stage. Amazing.

JRM likes this.
  21. Dennis0675

Dennis0675 Hyperactive!

22. Dennis0675

Dennis0675 Hyperactive!

23. xTraPlaylists

xTraPlaylists I bring order to chaos.

24. Olompali

Olompali Forum Resident

25. Dennis0675

Dennis0675 Hyperactive!

I just thought it was funny someone started a petition. If you are going to change.org about the treyful dead concert you might be crazy. I don't thin an internet petition is going to make anyone renege on a contract or give back several million in postal money orders.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.