Deepdiscount sale :

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Tjazz, Nov 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Todd Fredericks

Todd Fredericks Senior Member

Deep Discount has been one of my dear supply friends for many years. A great store with even better prices! Thank you for the recent shipment of the 3 disc bluray of The Wizard of Oz' for $13.99 and free shipping!!

2. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Please tell your friend that they are starting to suck majorly.

I still have orders from the sale that started this thread that haven't been filled.

But, OK, at least they didn't charge me for those.

They also "sold" me a bunch of stuff through Amazon marketplace, indicated that it "shipped" so that Amazon charged my card and sent them the money, then, a few weeks later, decided "oh, wait, we didn't ship it...now that we've had his money for a few weeks, let's refund it and pretend he 'returned' the stuff we never shipped..."

With friends like that, who needs enemies?

3. Todd Fredericks

Todd Fredericks Senior Member

I'm sorry to hear about your troubles. I've always had great experiences with them over the last decade. I've always received what I ordered and for good prices.

4. ricks

ricks Senior Member

They have been sliding big time the last couple of years. Not to mention the scam $10 refund at the end of every sale.

5. jsayers

jsayers Just Drifting....

In all my many years of mail order buying, I've NEVER had to wait anywhere near 5 months for something. That is incredible!!:shake:

6. Their service and general business practices have declined remarkably in the past eighteen months.:sigh: And I am a customer from when they first opened shop on the Internet. I refuse to consider them for purchases now, even if they are cheaper than other retailers. It would not surprise me to see them close up shop within the next year or so.

7. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

I've been buying from them since they first appeared (as DeepDiscountDVD). I have never really understood how they make money. Their prices are way too low to provide acceptable margins and they don't offer the shopping experience required to become a destination site outside of price.

But given that, their fill rates seemingly used to be better. Their shipping always kind of sucked--slow to ship, and then almost always by media mail. But at least they seemed to do a better job of shipping what they supposedly had to sell.

8. Electric

Electric The Medium is the Massage

I'm noticing that they don't list some pre-releases I'm looking for that other places list. This is unusual and I don't know what it means.

9. They used to be one of the largest dvd distributors in the United States. That was how their pricing was so low compared to other retailers. They were buying wholesale directly from the studios, cutting out every middleman. The retail operation was merely an afterthought for many years. The website and retail business was bought out by another company a couple years ago, and that is when things started changing for the worse.

10. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

any current codes ?

11. paul....r

paul....r Well-Known Member

Ebay listing Intenational Submarine Band-Safe At Home
    Judging by the release date, looks like it is the 2015 sundazed mono rsd edition?
    2 copies available $6.26 including S&H
    Good Luck
    Safe At Home - International Submarine Band 090771553010 (Vinyl Used Very Good) »

They also Have Love & Mercy Score from Rsd Brian Wilson
    Same price
    Love & Mercy - Various Artists (Vinyl Used Very Good) »

And This
    Brian wilson 2xVinyl Rsd $6.36
    Brian Wilson 081227951672 (Vinyl Used Very Good) »

Johnny Cash-Behind Prison Walls 2xVinyl $6.17
    Concert Behind Prison Walls - Johnny Cash 826992002712 (Vinyl Used Very Good) »

Last edited: Apr 11, 2016
    panasoffkee likes this.
  12. paul....r

paul....r Well-Known Member

They sold out.....the same deals/price are still available on ebay through importcds now.

13. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Well, they were bought by SuperD dba ImportCDs who were/are the largest distributors of many forms of media. So there was just a changing of the guard.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.