The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson...Craig leaving Show*

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by MRamble, Apr 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

MLutthans likes this.
  2. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame

Geez, was that necessary? An unusually sour note even for Letterman. Maybe it would have seemed more like good-natured ribbing if there had been an audience but I don't know...

Corden's taking over Late Late Show three months after Ferguson left. Colbert's not taking over Letterman's show any quicker than that... does he not want the job?

rburly likes this.
  3. SoundAdvice

James also appeared on one of Ferguson's final shows. Did Letterman ever watch Ferguson's shows that he owns via his production company?

4. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame

He was on Letterman's show in November!

5. MekkaGodzilla

MekkaGodzilla Forum Resident

Man, I'm gonna miss Dave.

Moshe likes this.
  6. MLutthans

MLutthans That's my spaghetti, Chewbacca! Staff

Here's how I rank the fill-in guests that I've seen thus far, best-to-worst:

1. Regis (and he was pretty bad)
    2. Drew Carey (he was worse)
    3. Judd Apatow (wholly un-amusing)
    4. Tie: The Talk, Adam Pally (/Ben Schwartz), Whitney Cummings (all Gawdawful)

Looking ahead....Sean Hayes may actually do a good job. On the other hand: Three nights of John Mayer???????

MikaelaArsenault and rburly like this.
  7. John DeAngelis

John DeAngelis Senior Member

I thought the same thing. It was really a dumb thing to say.

8. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

It seems Letterman is 75% out the door already. In his "apology," if Paul Schaffer hadn't bailed out Letterman with his own brand of humor, Letterman would have looked completely foolish. "Why am I calling the kid 'tubby'?" Just wow Dave.

9. TeacFan

TeacFan Forum Resident In Memoriam

I was looking for tickets figuring the Letterman would be taped in Hollywood. No dice, but at that time, there were tickets available for all upcoming Hollywood shows, and then I saw Mayer and thought Whaa??
    Those were sold out.

10. SoundAdvice

Depends if Colbert had some clause keeping him off TV until a certain date. Was James delayed from his original start date?

11. chacha

chacha Forum Resident In Memoriam

Letterman has been riding the Tubby train on and off throughout his TV tenure. For some reason he seems to thing it's the funniest thing imaginable.

12. MLutthans

MLutthans That's my spaghetti, Chewbacca! Staff

I actually enjoyed the Will Arnett show tonight with Jimmy Kimmel as a guest. I thought the way they played up "Arnett's impact on the talk show genre" angle (one episode in his career's span, I think) pretty well. :righton:

rburly likes this.
  13. Chris C

Chris C Music was my first love and it will be my last!

I actually enjoyed the laid back hosting the other night of "Parenthood's" Lauren Graham. I personally find the rotating "guest hosts", a really good programing move, which keeps this otherwise low rated show interesting and I applaud the people at CBS who are responsible for the idea! I kind of wish that they would just keep doing this, rather than subjecting us to yet "another" permanent host, who will most likely fail in the end.

As a 30 plus year radio announcer, I would love the chance to host "The Late, Late Show" once, as that would be a blast, especially knowing that you are only responsible for that one night of interesting interviewing and fun. Who do I talk to to make this happen? I completely realize that I have a "face" for radio, but that hasn't stopped hundreds of others from eventually moving to TV and having successful careers!

Last edited: Feb 21, 2015
  14. rburly

I agree Matt. It was fun and fresh and funny. It wasn't cute or nasty. I thoroughly enjoyed his "tenure" on the show last night.

15. SoundAdvice

James Corden started his show this week. Some clips up on YouTube.

16. rburly

17. Evan L

Evan L Beatologist

Memories:

18. ssmith3046

ssmith3046 Forum Resident

I miss Craig.

rburly likes this.
  19. rburly

I do too. I've seen Corden twice and it's too busy for me. Not that Ferguson didn't have crazy stuff on, but the show was under control and relaxed, which is what I'm looking for at 12:30 am.

MLutthans and ssmith3046 like this.
  20. progrocker71

progrocker71 Forum Resident

Kristen Bell was always one of his best guests, they had such great chemistry together.

MLutthans likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.