Looking for new ipod

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by greelywinger, Apr 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marty Milton

Marty Milton Senior Member

There will be a 128GB iPhone, so would expect that size of iPod, if a new version is released.

2. greelywinger

greelywinger Osmondia Thread Starter

3. greelywinger

4. greelywinger

5. rockclassics

rockclassics Senior Member

Apple needs to get the price down if they expect this thing to sell. This seems like a niche product for people who don't want to put their music on their cell phone. People who carry two devices are the exception these days. Trying to charge as much as an iPhone for the Touch is a deal killer.

6. bigtyke66

bigtyke66 Forum Resident

After 10+ years of using iPods, this is too late for me. It's time to move on. Just ordered a Pono.

Ham Sandwich likes this.
  7. greelywinger

I don't want an iPhone.
    I hardly use my cellphone, what's the point of getting another one.

Darryl

8. Chris C

Chris C Music was my first love and it will be my last!

Apple has to realize that they somewhat dropped the ball on the iPod dismissal, while there is clearly still some love for the device. I agree with member greelywinger and I never liked the idea of melding the phone with the music and I have no problem taking two separate small devices on a trip, to accomplish this. I believe that Apple felt that they could just force all of us into their "cloud" plan, but it's not for everyone, with me at the top of that list!

Once and for all, just give us a music device that is fast and has an onboard 250gb solid state drive and the ability to also stream music from a service (if one wishes to do that), where we can easily add or delete the better part of our music collections and have the ability to run our music bluetooth in our homes or on the road as we wish and I'm sure that anyone with more than 15,000 songs will be happy campers.

Rupe33 likes this.
  9. greelywinger

Also supports FLAC.

Darryl

Rupe33 and gregorya like this.
  10. Chris C

Why not? It's like my wife said just last night, as we were driving home from dinner in her new Infiniti car and we had a few issues with some interior things and she said, "After owning a Honda, Saab, Volvo and now Infiniti, I could design the most awesome interior of any car ever!" Of course, I fear that she may have been a little overexposed to the radio show, "Car Talk", which often gave women the idea that hey could just go out in the garage, grab a wrench and fix a car engine!

11. Chris C

OOPS ...

Forgot to add to that last post ...

While guys like us are redesigning our media players! Maybe we should all just shut up and let Mr. (I recorded my new album in a phone booth in Nashville and it sounds like SH#$), be our navigator of digital music devices? :doh:

12. ShallowMemory

ShallowMemory Classical Princess

Nothing against iPads and iPhones but they're not built primarily for the audio. It's like comparing my Netbook which is decent on headphones to the X3-there's no comparison for just audio.

Chris C likes this.
  13. greelywinger

For my wife's iPod touch, I'm looking at 4th generation or higher.
    Generations 1-3 do not have cameras.

Darryl

14. greelywinger

Didn't hear anything about the iPod Touch in the latestt apple announcement.
    Don't think the 128 gb touch is EVER gonna happen.

Darryl

15. Peter Pyle

Peter Pyle Forum Resident

Isn't Apple all into the cloud now? Why would they bother increasing the space on their devices, then?

16. Raider4life

Raider4life Forum Resident

I'm pretty much a newb to the i-Pod. I've been using a first generation i-Pod touch at the gym and now I own a i-Phone 6. The first generation i-Pod touch sounds better than my i-Phone 6 even when hooked up in my car. I've made my i-Phone six sound a little better by downloading a equalizer, but still. Do the new i-Pods sound better than the i-Phones?

17. greelywinger

My wife only started asking for the iPod Touch around Christmas time.
    I told her to hold on because Apple announces new stuff in March.
    I was hoping a 128 GB touch would come out.
    I'm gonna go ahead and get her the 64 GB.

Darryl

18. colinu

colinu I'm not lazy, I'm energy saving!

I can't comment on the Sound Quality issue of these devices, but there are a number of EQ settings baked in to the Operating System. You don't access the EQ from itunes, you access it from Settings, Music. Is it possible you have both this EQ and the EQ of the app you downloaded active? How is your device connected to your car audio? USB is best. The headphone jack and Bluetooth both have their issues.

19. Raider4life

Raider4life Forum Resident

I use the Audioforge EQ for my i-Phone. I get to my music through the Audioforge EQ app (their settings are active then) or the normal itunes way and then the itunes settings are active and the Audioforge settings are not. I connect to my car from the headphone jack/rca cables...my car is a few years old and it is the only way without buying aftermarket stuff.

20. greelywinger

STILL no 128 GB iPod touch.
    I'm beginning to think this will NEVER happen.
    That or I'll buy a 64 GB touch and a few months later Apple will release the 128 GB touch.

Darryl

21. greelywinger

22. greelywinger

23. Dennis0675

Dennis0675 Hyperactive!

I really need a high capacity ipod. I think part of the reason they went away was an effort to sell cloud storage or drive more sales to the iPhone.

Since I have put so much into itunes, I will have to buy this but i would gladly give up the camera, apps and touch screen. I just want the music player. All thst other stuff just consumes battery life and precious storage space.

God forbid apple ever make a device thst has removable storage. I would hate to see them slip to the second most valuble company in the world.

24. greelywinger

I would like to see a hybrid ipod touch/ipad at 128 GB.
    Larger than a touch but smaller than an ipad mini.

Darryl

25. SamS

SamS Forum Legend

iPhone 6 Plus 128GB?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.