Disturbing Movies

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Jayski, Mar 4, 2013.

1. And that's the edited version. Kim was forced to cut the film so it could be released.

2. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

I'll have to add Nightcrawler to this list.

Jake does creepy very well...

3. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

That's a pretty terrific movie - definitely gets under your skin.

I'm not a huge Jake fan, but he does deserve an Oscar nod for his performance. Really strong work! :righton:

4. Nice Marmot

Nice Marmot Nothin’ feels right but doin’ wrong anymore

I once thought I had the stomach for these types of movies, then I saw

and changed my ways. I never got to Serbian Film.

vince likes this.
  5. guy incognito

guy incognito Senior Member

Saw this one for the first time on TCM earlier this morning. Absolutely one of the most disturbing and chilling movies I've ever seen. Richard Attenborough, John Hurt and Judy Geeson all turn in tremendous performances.

And, lord, what a bleak place 1940s London was!

6. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

Motel Hell...

Vidiot likes this.
  7. GuildX700

GuildX700 Forum Resident

We're pretty far on now in the thread, I'm sure I posted this already, but Roman Polanski's 1965 Repulsion is a very disturbing movie.

What makes it even more so disturbing is it's not loaded with sick, graphic scenes and such, it's a very slow burn that takes you down a dark path to insanity for a girl.

B&W, with a few scant interesting special effects like hands coming out of melting walls.

This trailer does very little to show how actually disturbing the movie really is. You need to watch it late at night, in a quiet room, alone. And then hide under your covers. And pray for the morn to come.

Dino, Rufus McDufus and guy incognito like this.
  8. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

Yeah, Repulsion is pretty creepy. I didn't really enjoy it. Sorry, thread, but I don't really go out of my way to watch disturbing films. Life is sucky enough.

progrocker and GuildX700 like this.
  9. junk

junk Hellion

I don't think I've seen that one. I'll have to watch for it.

10. guy incognito

guy incognito Senior Member

11. mBen989

mBen989 Senior Member

I see your Serbian Film and raise you this:

If you have any further interest, you can watch Diamanda Hagan's review of the movie here.

12. Scotian

Scotian Amnesia Hazed

Alrighty then...

13. RexKramer

RexKramer Senior Member

I saw the trailer and read the synopsis for Wetlands. It's not exactly on my must-see list...

14. TheLazenby

TheLazenby Forum Resident In Memoriam

Yes..... I'm told that Wetlands manages to give Salo a run for its money in squick factor.

15. TheLazenby

TheLazenby Forum Resident In Memoriam

Do yourself a favor.... never, EVER watch the last story arc of "GhostWriter", the PBS children's series from the 1990's. The story about Gooey Gus.

How they thought that wouldn't f*** up kids (including a cliffhanger with a character drowning in melted chewing gum) is beyond me.

16. melstapler

melstapler Reissue Activist

The Revenant is a fairly disturbing movie about a modern-day zombie pseudo-vampire. Not to be confused with the new film of the same name and different subject matter.

17. GuildX700

GuildX700 Forum Resident

Yeah, I can understand your feelings, but with the right time and the right mood a disturbing flick can be interesting for me to view. And I'm NOT into gore or blatant trash just to shock me or turn my stomach. It has to be a mind screw type flick.

18. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

I thought this film was quite funny!
    Especially how they get the decapitated head to talk!..... Inventive and funny!

melstapler likes this.
  19. progrocker

progrocker Senior Member

I found Salo to be more disgusting than disturbing. :shrug: A Serbian Tale I found truly disturbing.

20. PhilJol

PhilJol Forum Resident

Irreversibile tries to drive you out of your mind (and largely succeeds)

21. Moth

Moth fluttering by

I've watched this film more than any other. It's actually really good. But, while I love it, it's definitely not for the faint of heart.

Have you seen any other Yorgos Lanthimos movies? Alps is worth watching if you like Dogtooth.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2015
  22. ArpMoog

ArpMoog Forum Resident

There was this one movie, can't remember the titles that has me convinced their are cannibals in the Appalachians.

23. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Senior Member

There's a movie called "Pin" from the 80s. It is about a medical dummy with all the muscles showing. Very creepy. It haunts me to this day. Very well made, too.

[​IMG]

24. Rocker

Rocker Senior Member

I have that on DVD! Pretty obscure flick, but I remember being somewhat intrigued by the premise.... didn't it have something to do with the dummy being alive? I'll have to go back and re-watch it sometime. :)

25. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

[​IMG]

The horror... The horror...

Chip TRG likes this.