What Headphones are you folks using?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Zal, Feb 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Been a few changes through 2014 and it's goodbye to the HD650, ATHW5000, AD2000 and ATHEW9.

New arrivals, Audeze LCD2(early edition) and LCD3 (non fazor), Oppo PM-1 and HiFi Man RE-600s.
    The LCD3 and PM-1 get the most use while the RS1 ,Philips X1 and ATHW1000X may get their marching orders this year.

Citroen and Ham Sandwich like this.
  2. moomaloo

moomaloo All-round good egg

AKG K272HD for when there are other people around or when I'm tinkering in my 'studio' (closed cans so no leakage). AKG K701 for when leakage isn't a problem. I'm an AKG kind of guy...!

kevinsinnott likes this.
  3. Veltri

Veltri ♪♫♫♪♪♫♫♪

I just got into better than trash quality headphones.

I use Sennheiser HD598 when it's quiet around and Audio Technica ATH-M50 when there is noise around.

4. bodine

bodine Senior Member

I've had the discontinued Sennheiser HD-570 open-air cans for about 10 years now, and theyre still as comfortable to wear and nice to hear as the day I bought em

[​IMG]

5. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

Just wanted to say I've really been enjoying the heck out of my HD650's the past few weeks. I've really reached a point where I'm very satisfied with my headphone rig as-is, and am just enjoying the quality of the sound I'm hearing.

6. Vernoona

Vernoona Well-Known Member

Sennheiser HD429's here. very nice & great bang for buck!

7. schugh

schugh Forum Resident

Audeze LCD-3 pre-fazor
    Senn HD800 with Cardas Balanced cable.
    Senn HD600
    Grado PS1000 converted to balanced cable
    Grado PS500
    Shure 846 IEMs

At home using Bryston BHA-1 with Benchmark DAC2-D
    At the office using Chord Hugo

ElvisCaprice likes this.
  8. dnuggett

dnuggett Forum Resident

I have the following in order of how much I use them:

Audeze LCD2-F
    B&W C5 S1
    Grado 225e
    NAD HP50

I used the NAD & B&Ws almost exclusively until I got the Audeze and Grados.

9. bcaulf

bcaulf Forum Resident

Audio Technica ATH M50x. Ranked among the top 5 headphones under $300 last year. I can see why. They sound fantastic. Look cool too. Love 'em.

Hail Vinyl! likes this.
  10. bluesky

bluesky Senior Member

11. William K

William K Forum Resident

Beyerdynamic DT880 600 Ohm
    Sennheiser HD580

Love them both, just depends on my mood

12. John Buchanan

John Buchanan I'm just a headphone kind of fellow. Stax Sigma

Thinned the herd a little and now down to 2 systems:
    Studer D730 CD player -> Apogee MiniDAC -> Studer A68 power amp -> Stax SRD-7 Pro energiser -> Stax SR-Sigma Professional Panoramic Earspeakers.
    -> Stax SRM-Monitor amplifier/diffuse field equaliser -> Stax Lambda Nova Signature Semi-Panoramic Earspeakers.
    That Sigma pathway is absolutely fantastic sounding. Buttery smooth treble, just like a good DCC/AF mastering.

13. evanft

evanft Forum Resident

I've had the Sennheiser hd800 since the middle of last year. Love them. The comfort level is really something else.

14. Mike34260

Mike34260 Forum Resident

My first high end headphone purchase was the Hifiman HE-400. For a while I was blown away by them. Then one day it reared its ugly head, the insane treble spike! Suddenly everything was harsh and sibilant! It was a nightmare that I was determined to resolve. So I tried a pair of Mad Dogs by Mr.Speakers. The sibilance was still present and the sound lacking overall. Then the messiah came into my life, the Sennheiser HD 600! These are perfect, no sibilance and amazing treble/mids with excellent balanced bass! Now I can listen to Madonna and Peter Gabriel without getting hissed at! Alas my journey has ended....phew

jriems and Ham Sandwich like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.