Good Deals, Vinyl, Urban Outfitters

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by bilgewater, Apr 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johnnypaddock

johnnypaddock Senior Member

Damn! They are going quickly. I know that the Damon Albarn record sold out quickly as well, for $10.

2. Beholdentonoone

Beholdentonoone Forum Resident

I picked up the available Witch on your suggestion as well as the Yeah Yeah Yeah's, MBV, Fleetwood Mac vinyl box, DMX, Glasser, Clapton and a few others. Makes up for the thin selection in the stores I visited.

black sheriff likes this.
  3. n.phelge

n.phelge Forum Resident

Huge YMMV: I went in to the store and asked the cashier if she could please scan Funhouse to see if it was $4.99, since I had it in my cart yesterday but went out of stock before I could check out. It scanned as full price and she saw that it was listed as out of stock on their website so she could not confirm that price, but said that she would match it. This was the only title I was looking for, so I'm very happy.

4. johnnypaddock

johnnypaddock Senior Member

That is a score. If it's the current Rhino version, it sounds excellent. I prefer that one to the Sundazed, easily.

5. ukrules

ukrules Forum Resident

Wow...UO does not fool around when they clear out their vinyl! I came to the party late but grabbed Calexico "Algiers" for $10. Had a free shipping coupon so that worked out well.

Stullyca and black sheriff like this.
  6. Claxton

Claxton I like chicks and cars and partyin’ hard

I picked up a copy of the Black Lips' "Underneath the Rainbow" last week for $9.99 at a local location. One thing I did notice about many of the copies in the sale bin it that they tended to have an issue with the cover having a bit of fairly unnoticeable damage (especially on the bottom seams). Otherwise, looks and plays perfectly for half the price of new.

7. igbee

igbee Forum Resident

8. petercl

petercl Forum Resident

I just got the EC 3 lp Give Me Peace Sessions for $15. Thx for the tip!

Stullyca, black sheriff and dasacco like this.
  9. black sheriff

black sheriff Magic City

I guess I got in just under the wire. I received a shipping confirmation email today. Thanks for these deals JohnnyP.

I may be able to hit UO again tomorrow. I'll keep you guys posted.

johnnypaddock likes this.
  10. igbee

igbee Forum Resident

To answer my own question, I was able to pick up MBV for 9.99 because it still showed the price on the website, even though it was sold out. I tried to also get The Stooges Funhouse but since there was no price on the website, they wouldn't take my word for it. I think the guy that sold me the MBV was in shock and was going buy the other copy himself. $55 record at UO in Canada.

11. Beholdentonoone

Nice move Igbee…I was wondering the same thing so thanks for taking one for the team!!!

12. n.phelge

n.phelge Forum Resident

See my post #128 above. In my case, the cashier was very nice and took my word for it on Funhouse and said that they would even accept screenshots (in the case of items selling out online in the interim).

13. captainsolo

captainsolo Forum Resident

So some records are down to $4.99? I've wanted that Funhouse forever. I'll have to give UO a shot again, though usually the LPs are morbidly overpriced, unavailable and the place is filled with all kinds of people and things I can't stand.
    Even if I find it, I doubt I'll have much luck. They always seemed rather standoffish.

14. n.phelge

n.phelge Forum Resident

The titles I asked them to check were not $4.99 in the store on Saturday - they were just price-matching their website, which had a number of titles at a lower price.

15. petercl

petercl Forum Resident

My EC box got canceled. I knew it was too good to be trur. They sent me a 20% off coupon for my troubles. I might put it towards theF Mac box.

16. ukrules

ukrules Forum Resident

Nice gesture from UO to give you that coupon.

petercl likes this.
  17. Dan

Dan Senior Member

Bought a bunch of stuff when I was on vacation in Florida. The cashier told me there was an additional discount promotion going on---I misunderstood him at 20%, it was 50%!!! My wife is glad I didn't understand and buy more records! All of the $9.99 vinyl was in fact $4.99. Picked up two Uncle Tupelo titles, Yo La Tengo, and the Country Funk comp and two copies of the Flip Side of Stax Records 7" box set for $4.99. The lowest I was able to get the Syl Johnson box for was $20.

I managed to have them price match the website at the store near home on the Elvis-Girl Happy reissue at $9.99.

18. black sheriff

black sheriff Magic City

The Fleetwood Mac box sounds really nice and at 20% off it's a very very good deal.

I just received the records today that JohnnyP posted. They were double boxed and the inner box was an LP mailer with bubble wrap inbetween each record. Very secure. I was relieved and impressed. That was my first mail order from them.

I am shooting for tomorrow to get by there again. I've been slammed all week.

19. black sheriff

black sheriff Magic City

Great deals. I am definately heading over there tomorrow. Syl box for $20? That's insane.

20. Beholdentonoone

Killer deal on that Flip Side of Stax Box. Nice going!

21. Dan

Dan Senior Member

I thought someone here got it for $9.99. They had three copies in Orlando. And LOTS of those Eccentric Soul comps. Wish I had bit on those.

22. black sheriff

black sheriff Magic City

No, I picked up the Syl box for $40 a few weeks back and that was a good deal. You picked it up at half off $40. 6xLPs and 4xCDs. You stole that set for $20. It's a shame that the Eccentric Soul comps aren't better known, they really are good.

23. n.phelge

n.phelge Forum Resident

Clearance titles are still $9.99 at my store.

24. black sheriff

black sheriff Magic City

Same with my store.

25. black sheriff

black sheriff Magic City

Here's a few more $9.99 records that I picked up today. Do not buy the Big Brother album like I did. Believe the bad reviews. Nice package but it sounds like poo.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.