Nirvana- Nevermind. Does your copy have "Endless, Nameless"?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by PaulKTF, Oct 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kaztor

kaztor Music is the Best

Basically, it scared the **** out of me the first time I heard it in 1991. Remember, 'secret tracks' were hardly the norm of the day back then.
    A classmate at the time informed me about an unnamed guitar solo on the cd and I kind of expected it between tracks.
    Anyway, I didn't discover it and after Something In The Way ended I went on doing something else.
    And then, 10 minutes later, my heart was in my throat. :eek:

I think it serves as some kind of climax to the album with SITW and the 10 minute-break being the calm before the storm. It definitely belongs on the album, imo. I can't imagine the album being without it!

2. rock76

rock76 Forum Resident

Mexican CD pressings don't have it to this date.

3. danner

danner Forum Resident

The copy I bought in 1994 had it, but I foolishly sold it when I went through my "done with Nirvana" phase. When I bought another copy circa 2000, I was surprised that the hidden track was gone.

mahanusafa02 likes this.
  4. Arkoffs

Arkoffs Remote member

Mine doesn't. Provided I still have that CD ... I may have given it away after I got it on LP.

5. andy75

andy75 Forum Resident

+1

6. theholygoof

theholygoof Forum Resident

Is there a matrix or clue to look for to find a copy without the bonus track? I'm hoping to track one down for a buddy.

I have one without the song, and the matrix is DIDX-011927 3. Are there visual clues, anyone know?

7. lastdamdown

lastdamdown Forum Resident

One of each!

theholygoof likes this.
  8. Dave S

Dave S Forum Resident

You don't need the matrix code as it is fairly obvious if the disc has it. There is a separate band of recorded data around the standard album tracks.

I haven't got mine at hand, but I have both, and it is very easy to tell them apart.

vonwegen likes this.
  9. The Entertainer

The Entertainer Forum Resident

Mine has it, Just bought the album a few years ago.

10. hiddman

hiddman Forum Resident

An "Endless, Nameless"-less Nevermind doesn't seem that rare. I never even knew there was a hidden track on some copies until I ripped the CD to iTunes and the title was listed as "Something in the Way/Endless, Nameless" even though my CD doesn't have it.

11. theshape

theshape Forum Resident

I have a CD copy without it, two with it (the regular version and the MFSL) and the disc that came inside the super deluxe box set. :righton:

12. c-eling

c-eling They're made of light,We never would have guessed

Nope here on the Cassette :D

13. PlushFieldHarpy

PlushFieldHarpy Forum Resident

I've bought it three times, once on cassette, cd, and vinyl, and none of them have had it.
    There's a killer live version of it on Live! Tonight! Sold Out! which is how I came to know it. The recorded version wasn't as good, imo.

14. citizensmurf

citizensmurf Ambient postpunk will never die

Yes, well before I sold it years ago. Kind of stopped listening to Nirvana, and haven't really looked back, though I will say I think "Endless, Nameless" is the best track on the album. I know I'm the minority opinion, but of all the songs, it was the most experimental and out there, and 25 years later it still sounds good.

I do remember my first cd played did not have a FFWD feature, I could only skip tracks, so I would have to wait the 10 minutes every time I wanted to hear it (which was often).

c-eling likes this.
  15. c-eling

c-eling They're made of light,We never would have guessed

Never owned it until I found an old cassette a few days ago for .50 cents, suffered major burnout in the 90's. Was nice re-visiting it today...

3Dman likes this.
  16. citizensmurf

citizensmurf Ambient postpunk will never die

Yeah, burnout is the word, I'm not saying it's a bad album, but I had heard it enough times for one lifetime. I kept my copy of In Utero, which is a better album, but it's also been years since I played that. So many other better bands to listen to.

3Dman and c-eling like this.
  17. 3Dman

3Dman The Adventure Begins

Bought mine at Sound Warehouse in Livonia, MI the first week it came out, so no bonus. I remember trying to figure out how to get it to play when I first heard about it a couple of years later. I kinda figured out myself that it wasn't on there because it was an early copy.
    Still haven't heard the song to this day as it's the only copy I've ever had!

c-eling likes this.
  18. broshfab4

broshfab4 Forum Resident

No. Original purchase the week it was released, still going strong. One of the few shining moments of that musical decade.

19. captainsolo

captainsolo Forum Resident

Wish the amazing vinyl ORG reissue had included it somehow as an extra disc. Essential classic song, and the true end of Nevermind.

Beamish13 likes this.
  20. ModernDayWarrior

ModernDayWarrior Senior Member

I remember buying the cd not to long after in came out and it had the track. So onetime I was driving with my cousin in his car and we were playing his cd of it and I had told him about the hidden track. When we went to look for it, his disc didn't have it.

21. Beamish13

Beamish13 Forum Resident

Neither copy I've owned had it. Brilliant song-I think it might have Grohl's best drum work ever

22. Victor/Victrola

Victor/Victrola Makng shure its write

Yes, but I didn't buy Nevermind until it had been out a couple of years. My friend that introduced me to it had not included it on the cassette he made for me, and I asked him why he had left it off and he had no idea what I was talking about. His copy of the CD did not have it.

23. snorker

snorker Big Daddy

Wasn't even aware of it until now. Guess it's not on the currently available vinyl LP?

24. MusicFan1234

MusicFan1234 New Member

I have two without the hidden track. I bought one online and one at an op shop for a dollar.

25. eric777

eric777 Astral Projectionist

Mine has it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.