Pete Townshend - 2015/2016 Reissue Programme Announced

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by RobCooper, Feb 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jsayers

jsayers Just Drifting....

Yea, Pete could use a DE with a dvd compiling all his promo clips at least. He's done a million or so tv appearances on both sides of the Atlantic as well - Jools Holland and David Letterman spots alone would fill up a dvd!

2. hurple

hurple Forum Resident

So far, all this seems underwhelming. Looking forward to see what more shakes out, though.

WhoTapes1, Sean, J_D__ and 1 other person like this.
  3. reb

reb Money Beats Soul

16 Mary Jane 2:34
    17 I Always Say 5:47
    18 Begin The Beguine

up on youtube

@jsayers

jsayers and Culpa like this.
  4. 007james

007james Forum Resident

Would love to see the concert of this on DVD, i do have the cd, maybe not the one you are referring to but it's great, barefootin.....

5. Say It Right

Say It Right Not for the Hearing Impaired

Same concert, different CD.

6. PacificOceanBlue

PacificOceanBlue Senior Member

For now, I am content with the '06 remasters and the eelpie.com live series and scoop series. If there is some really stellar bonus content, I may consider acquiring a reissue, but as it currently stands, I see no urgency.

Dark Horse 77 and WhoTapes1 like this.
  7. reb

reb Money Beats Soul

This news about physical cd releases and possible bonus tracks for PT's catalog, one that doesn't sell well and never did. Is possibly good news for those interested in buying The Who catalog- "newly remastered". Makes sense to me, if there are going to be PT cd's, then there will be Who cd's too.

8. deadbirdie

deadbirdie Senior Member

Cool. I didn't see that last sentence initially so this is still encouraging.

9. bradman

bradman Forum Resident

Or just get the old Atcos again.

10. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant

yea, have that. Has anyone ever written up exactly what the differences are in this stuff? I swear, some of them I have no clue what's supposed to be different.

WhoTapes1 likes this.
  11. Guy E

Guy E Senior Member

Does anybody have this single?

[​IMG]

Is the B-Side version of Greyhound Girl the Lifehouse demo or did he re-record the song?

12. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant

it's the demo. The back cover of the single says they were demos 'found under the floorboards'. Classified is the same basic recording as on Glastonberry, tho I have heard someone say that the latter has overdubs.

Guy E likes this.
  13. reb

reb Money Beats Soul

The work in progress vocals are relatively easy to pick out. However, much of the backing tracks and instrumentation are indeed similar to the finished recordings. I was expecting to hear more differences, but given the stature of this album. To me it's a treasure to hear even the slightest of differences.

rgutter likes this.
  14. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant

exactly. I *think* Heart to Hang Onto is a little longer and Street in the City is mixed slightly differently.

15. marc with a c

marc with a c Forum Resident

If there are HDTracks versions that are on par with some of the recent Who reissues, count me in.

Jet Age Eric likes this.
  16. reb

reb Money Beats Soul

17. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

I'm surprised Eagle Rock didn't license this for DVD years ago, it would be great to have an Expanded release for Blu-ray soon in the next few years.

18. WhoTapes1

WhoTapes1 Forum Resident

Same here!

dee and Quadboy like this.
  19. mshare

mshare Forum Resident

20. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

I got sucked in as well, it was too good to be true. Horrible sound. I have the VHS transferred to DVD and it sounds OK.

21. WhoTapes1

WhoTapes1 Forum Resident

That's exactly what I did too. I used songs from his Rockpalast Deep End show that weren't on the Brixton vhs as bonus tracks.

eelkiller likes this.
  22. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

Did you get the King Biscuit Flower Hour Townshend show? I forgot about that option, sounds great.

23. rstamberg

rstamberg Senior Member

All three of 'em were released as H.D.A.D.s. (which are simply stereo-only DVD-Audio Discs ... another name: just what the format needed). I'm playing SCOOP 3 right now and like all three SCOOP two-disc sets, it's exemplary. It's really a shame Pete Townshend ended his solo recording career so abruptly. His catalog's just kinda been forgotten about except, maybe, for EMPTY GLASS.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2015
  24. Steve Martin

Steve Martin Wild & Crazy Guy

Are you SURE about Scoop? I don't see it listed here... http://www.classicrecords.com/search.cfm?code=DAD&order_by= or here... http://www.classicrecords.com/search.cfm?code=HDAD&order_by=

Or better yet, this search for Scoop which shows Classic did a Scoop LP, but no DAD. http://www.classicrecords.com/search.cfm?search_by=scoop&search_in=all&returnall=1&search=Search

25. rstamberg

rstamberg Senior Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.