3 disc Woodstock: Dir Cut Blu-ray reissue-$7.88 @ Walmart

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by captainsolo, Feb 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. captainsolo

captainsolo Forum Resident Thread Starter

Here's a scoop for those interested: Woodstock-3 disc Blu-ray reissue minus all the swag can be found in the Walmart $7.88 Blu-ray dump bins. I did not realize that this was the full reissue with ALL the bonus performances in HD. Apparently these swag-less editions were WM exclusives and are quietly being dumped. There aren't a whole lot of them and you might have to go arms deep in the stupid bins.

$7.88 vs. $24 for the same set with black slip box and swag.

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Woodstock-3-Days-of-Peace-and-Music-Blu-ray/114831/

2. It also comes with a digital UltraViolet copy. This one started showing up a few months ago, so expect to look long and hard in the bin these days.

3. BRush

BRush Senior Member

I found it at my local Walmart yesterday

4. RPhelps

RPhelps Forum Resident

I checked at my local store - no luck = if u have extras please send me one - I will pay of course !:cool:

5. Thesmellofvinyl

Thesmellofvinyl Senior Member

If you strike out at the store there seem to be more than a few on eBay for five or six dollars more.

6. Does this contain only the director's cut, or is the theatrical version on this set as well?

7. street legal

street legal Senior Member

Director's cut only. The theatrical version has been OOP for many years, unfortunately.

Shawn likes this.
  8. Too bad. The theatrical cut is about the most I can take of this material in one sitting :D But this is a great price to get the bonus material.

9. Marvin

Marvin Senior Member

I noticed those have a slightly different cover (white background on top), apparently without a black slip case. Is this what Walmart was selling for 7.88?

Edit: never mind. Saw it explained in the first post.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2015
  10. jamesmaya

jamesmaya Senior Member

Canned Heat's performance of On The Road Again alone is worth the price of admission.

11. Channel Z

Channel Z Forum Resident

Found one in my local Walmart today for $7.88 in the bargain bin.

12. dewey02

dewey02 Forum Resident

Same here. So 7 months after it was first posted here, the Woodstock Director's Cut is STILL available in the bargain bin at Walmart.
    I went looking for the $5 individual Beatle American Album CDs that folks said Walmart had in the bins. Didn't find those, so I thought I'd dumpster dive in the Bluray bin and found Woodstock. A lot of music for not much money!

13. applebonkerz

applebonkerz Senior Member

After checking a fourth store this past weekend, I finally was able to find this set. Thank you to this thread for letting us know to still look for it. Now finding the time to watch everything on the 3 discs will be the next big challenge.

14. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

I found a copy in a $7.88 bin on Sunday. It was the only I saw there. Thanks for the tip.

15. Dan

Dan Senior Member

I did a DVD dumpster-dive a few months ago looking for it. That's rough business and I did not come out a winner. LOL.

16. bigtail

bigtail Senior Member

Walmart today for $7.88 in the bargain bin...Thanks to the OP for the tip...

17. vinylbuff

vinylbuff Forum Resident

I got my copy at Walmart today. I must have dug through 200 blu-rays and my wife walked up and said, "what are you looking for"? I replied "Woodstock" and she said, "this one"?, and handed it to me. I looked for 10 minutes, she walks up, glances down and finds it...... 15 seconds tops....... I guess I gotta keep her.......:hugs:

18. JimW

JimW In the Process of Becoming

Gotta keep her b/c she found it so fast or b/c she helped looked for it instead of saying "don't you already have that on dvd and LP?"

ARK likes this.
  19. vinylbuff

vinylbuff Forum Resident

Because she found it so fast AND because she helped look for it. She never says a word about anything I buy as far as music, equipment, accessories, or, well, anything. I have it on vinyl, 2 cd versions, and now 3 video versions.

Tjazz likes this.
  20. Mike N.

Mike N. Forum Resident

Just saw this post last night. Went to the local Walmart this morning and (surprisingly) found it. Searching through the bin wasn't very fun, but finding it was worth the trouble. My first experience with the Vudu digital copy - super easy. Scanned the receipt in the Walmart app, got an email, clicked the link, and was watching it online within moments.

Thanks for the post!

dkmonroe likes this.
  21. JimW

Def sounds like a keeper! :cheers:

22. vinylbuff

vinylbuff Forum Resident

33 years & counting....( it helps that we share interest in equipment & music )

edit: (and that I look the other way with her sewing hobby/addiction) :whistle:

Davidmk5 and ARK like this.
  23. JimW

:righton:

Wow- even share the same interest in music? A lucky man indeed. I won't even ask what "equipment" you both enjoy... ;)

I'm sure you realize how blessed you are. I've had a hard time finding females who even tolerate my music obsession, let alone actually enjoy it w/ me. Though the great majority have been fine w/ the HT for watching movies/TV (even though one complained that I had ruined her ability to watch TV w/o a sound system). I imagine that her sewing hobby has cost quite a bit less over the years than your music hobby- though that is probably a wash since she likely enjoys the fruits of your hobby more than you do the fruits of hers...

Davidmk5 likes this.
  24. The Beave

The Beave My Wife Is My Life! And don’t I forget it!

Same here last Sunday. It was the only copy there, but it's now home with me.
    the beave

25. Jack_Straw

Jack_Straw Forum Resident

So you have to install a Walmart app to view the online video? No thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.