Star Trek (TOS): Episode-by-Episode Thread (Part Two)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Mark, Aug 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude

I think i love ALL ORIGINAL SERIES Pete :)

Have them all on VHS and they are awesome!!!

Here is a good starttrek site you might like guys!

http://www.trekbbs.com/forums (Running VB 3.x)

BeatleJWOL and JeffMo like this.
  2. JeffMo

JeffMo Format Agnostic

Some of you know I've been exposing my 9 year old son to this series and we've really been enjoying it together over the past year. He always laughs at least once per episode at something Spock says, and being a bit of a young budding scientist I think he relates to that character more than the others. Needless to say, he was very sad to hear about Leonard Nimoy's passing yesterday. In celebration of that special actore, I plan to show him "Amok Time" this weekend. I've been saving "Spock's Brain" for last and will continue to do so (and not desecrate the Spock character any further!).

Nimoy was perfectly cast for that role.

benjaminhuf and wayne66 like this.
  3. JeffMo

JeffMo Format Agnostic

My son and I watched "the Trouble With Tribbles" this weekend and he was laughing his head off throughout the show. It was fun to see that episode through his eyes and with his 9 year old sense of humor!!

The scene where Kirk is asking Scotty what happened in the bar fight is a classic!

benjaminhuf, wayne66 and pscreed like this.
  4. JeffMo

JeffMo Format Agnostic

Sad to hear about Grace Lee Whitney passing away last Friday.

Yeoman Rand was one of my first ever crushes.

benjaminhuf likes this.
  5. benjaminhuf

benjaminhuf Forum Resident

A fan made trailer for TOS using the music from the 2009 movie:

6. benjaminhuf

Thanks for your reports, Jeffmo, of watching the show with your son. Hope to hear more! Have you two watched any of the other Treks, or are going in order?

JeffMo likes this.
  7. JeffMo

JeffMo Format Agnostic

Just TOS so far and he has been choosing the episodes so we have bounced between seasons. His favorites match up closely with the lists on here by SHF members!

He chose to watch Arena for a second time last weekend instead of seeing a new episode.:)

I will expose him to the movies next, then TNG, etc.

benjaminhuf likes this.
  8. benjaminhuf

Nice to hear. I started watching Star Trek with my son when he was about age 7 or so. He's now 19, and a computer science major in college. His semester just ended, and tonight we watched the DS9 episode Shakaar as a family. Trek is great that way. My son now knows some shows, like DS9, better than I do.

JeffMo likes this.
  9. Uther

Uther Forum Resident

Excellent trailer, but that music is not from the 2009 movie. It's from Epic Score (epicscore.com), according to the author.

benjaminhuf likes this.
  10. JeffMo

JeffMo Format Agnostic

Tonight my now 10 yo son and I watched the original pilot together. He had seen The Menagerie episode but not original one. We hadn't watched any episodes in some time and will now resume that again (most Sat nights we have watched football together so it will be fun to get back into Trek again).

You are right about Trek being great that way. I grew up watching TOS and TNG with my dad!

benjaminhuf likes this.
  11. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

I was right at your son's age when I first started watching TOS in its syndication run in the early 70s. I had to watch it by myself, however, because my Dad never liked it. :p

Nevertheless, it grew into my all-time favorite show for many years, and I now revisit the series on Blu-ray anytime I want to. It's a good time to be getting into TOS!

JeffMo likes this.
  12. JeffMo

JeffMo Format Agnostic

Last night we watched "The Ultimate Computer" together with his teenage sister and she enjoyed it as much as he did. The fact that the theme "can machine replace man/woman" is universal and just as apt today certainly helped.

That is probably about the age I got into it with my Dad actually. I had to chuckle looking at the original airdate of March 8, 1968 for this episode: three days before I was born!

It is always a good time to get into (or revisit) TOS. :)

wayne66 likes this.
  13. greelywinger

greelywinger Osmondia

Currently watching every Star Trek episode & movie in order on Netflix.

Darryl

No Static likes this.
  14. Luke The Drifter

Luke The Drifter Forum Resident

Excellent! I wanted to see if they could merge Part 1 & 2 of this thread together since they do not split them anymore, but I don't think they could.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.