Online Retailers You Refuse To Shop At Due To Customer Service Issues?

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by Benno123, Dec 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ham Sandwich

Ham Sandwich Senior Member

Amazon and Newegg. Because both retailers have shipped to me using OnTrac shipping. I HATE OnTrac. The worst shipping ever. Incompetent. They've attempted delivery at the wrong address more than once. It's the equivalent of having a deli delivery driver who doesn't know the area attempt to deliver packages. Yet both Amazon and Newegg insist on using them when shipping to me.

I've emailed customer service at both Amazon and Newegg asking if there is any way to opt out of having OnTrac be an option. It's not possible. Even if I am willing to pay more for shipping. It's just not possible in their system to guarantee that something won't be shipped by OnTrac.

The only option I have is to pay $60+ per year for a post office box and have the items sent to a PO Box. Anything sent to a PO Box has to be shipped by USPS. I'm not willing to pay $60 a year to fix Amazon's and Newegg's problem.

I still buy stuff from the Amazon Marketplace sellers. But only if it's not shipped by Amazon.

2. jimod99

jimod99 Daddy or chips?

Townsend Records, their idea of customer service is to send you a rude email if you complain about anything.

3. I avoid whole product categories on Amazon. They simply don't care anymore about handling certain items with any care.

After a terrible incident with Barnes&Noble.com this Christmas, I will never shop there ever again. They basically canceled an order of mine that was in-stock, because I ended up getting it at a cheap price.

Now that Internet retailers have driven most brick&mortar retailers out of business, service across the Internet has gone down the drain. One used to be able to rely on Amazon, but they aren't the same company they were five or ten years ago.

Mr. LP Collector likes this.
  4. SoporJoe

SoporJoe Forum Resident

ImportCDs is the worst individual seller.

eBay is the worst website.

5. Benno123

Benno123 Forum Resident Thread Starter

I am happy to say that after countless emails and calls my problem with Barnes and Noble has been solved. I have received my credit back. I finally sent another message via Facebook but it worked. Even though the reply I received was short and rude (and unsigned unlike previous messages) my troubles are over with them. I still have about $10 in gift card money to burn up, either I'll give that to my mom or use it up and then that is it ... Never again will I shop online at Barnes and Noble.

6. rmath84

rmath84 Forum Resident

+1. Will never buy from Newegg again due to OnTrac. I thought a local delivery in SoCal would be easy. Not with OnTrac.

7. Evan L

Evan L Beatologist

Always been happy with Amazon.

8. ukrules

ukrules Forum Resident

Movie Mars totally stinks from day one!

Also FedEX for shipping (does that count in this thread?) They damaged a speaker I shipped but refused to pay with the insurance I bought. Their reason was they considered the item poorly constructed. It was a Paradigm speaker. Since when are they audio equipment experts?

9. inperson

inperson Senior Member

Why?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.