Indiana Jones - Spielberg interested in possible reboot?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Deuce66, Mar 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member Thread Starter

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/rai...wants_to_direct_chris_pratt_in_indiana_jones/

[​IMG]

This was, as you will see below, a week in which a few of the biggest news stories in Hollywood were not strictly about things we normally cover in this column (ie, "film development"), and one of the biggest stories wasn't even a story about something that is "for sure" happening. Specifically, we're talking about the frequently repeated news this week that Steven Spielberg "hopes to direct" the revival of the Indiana Jones franchise that Walt Disney Pictures hopes to recruit Chris Pratt (Guardians of the Galaxy) to star in. This is a story chock full of ifs and maybes (but such is so often the case with film development stories). IF Chris Pratt agrees to star in a new Indiana Jones movie, and IF the script is good, then MAYBE Steven Spielberg will direct... etc.

2. Drew

Drew Senior Member

I still haven't seen the last Indiana Jones flick. I won't be going to any reboots.

chrischerm and Deesky like this.
  3. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

I thought it was inevitable that they would work on a reboot. I remain skeptical but I'll wait and see.

4. amoergosum

amoergosum Forum Resident

5. SizzleVonSizzleton

SizzleVonSizzleton The Last Yeti

Chris Pratt just strikes me as the 'buddy' type, not a guy I have any interest in seeing as the main character in anything. And certainly not as Indiana Jones, one of the most iconic movie characters of all time.

Plan9 and porpoise mouth like this.
  6. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

The kids see him as an action hero after 'Guardians of the Galaxy." I can see this happening. He'll be more believable when he has more age on him.

7. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

As with any film, it's more about the writing than it is about the actor or director. If the writers come up with a good script, it makes the director's job easier which, in turn, makes the actor's job easier.

Bowie Fett likes this.
  8. MekkaGodzilla

MekkaGodzilla Forum Resident

If "Jurassic World" flops, this idea will be dead in the water.

9. The Wanderer

The Wanderer Seeker of Truth

Possible, but cautious

10. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Reading the article, I was surprised to read that they believe that Adam Sandler will get the right of first refusal for the lead in any reboot.

11. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

Seriously, Hollywood is like an aging rocker destined to keep replaying the same old classic hits to his grave. Let it be...

Yovra, wayneklein, Hutch and 6 others like this.
  12. Monosterio

Monosterio Forum Resident

Geez, I hope not. It'll probably just get turned into a jokefest like Guardians of the Galaxy.

13. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

I agree and disagree. I get what you're saying, but I just love Indy, and I don't want him to go out on a bad note. Crystal Skull was a bad note. They managed to revive Bond with Daniel Craig. I believe that Indy could have the same potential. It's all about the script.

14. SBurke

SBurke Nostalgia Junkie

If Adam Sandler actually becomes Indiana Jones, I will be instantly vaulted to the very top of the list of SHTV curmudgeonly cloud-yellers, trouncing all contenders and pretenders to the throne.

Pratt actually would be OK, I think.

15. swandown

swandown Under Assistant West Coast Forum Resident

K-Tel presents "Steven Spielberg Sings His Hits!"

quakerparrot67 likes this.
  16. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

Leave it alone. There is only one Indianna Jones. And it aint that guy.

17. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

There was only one James Bond...until there wasn't.

LSP2003, GuildX700 and Vidiot like this.
  18. nbakid2000

nbakid2000 On Indie's Cutting Edge

Just kill it already.

19. MekkaGodzilla

Harrison Ford's Indiana Jones was a book smart tough guy who occasionally had a funny moment or two. Chris Pratt's Indiana Jones will likely be a clueless clown who occasionally does a heroic act or two.

Deesky likes this.
  20. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

I can't see that happening. Actors have to work with the scripts they are given. Harrison Ford portrayed the Indy that was written for him with a moment or two of improvisation on Ford's part. If Chris Pratt gets the gig, he, like Ford before him, will play the Indy that is written for him.

21. MekkaGodzilla

But Pratt's name has already been attached BEFORE a script has even been written.

Whoever gets the screenplay gig will simply write to Pratt's strengths.

Deesky likes this.
  22. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

It's not that the actors won't act out what's written for them, it's that the writing has a good chance of reflecting contemporary trends in movies like these, which I think was MekkaGodzilla's point.

MekkaGodzilla likes this.
  23. GuildX700

GuildX700 Forum Resident

I like the original, I have zero interest in a reboot. It is what it is, leave it alone.

24. RichardG

RichardG Forum Resident

Geez... Does ANYONE in Hollywood have an original idea these days???

Seems like every successful Harrison Ford franchise is getting resurrected!

DO SOMETHING NEW GODAMMNIT!!!

Indy was part of my childhood and Last Crusade should have been just that...

quakerparrot67 likes this.
  25. Boris number 9

Boris number 9 Forum Resident

If Harrison Ford doesn't play Indiana, I'll boycott the film for life,possibly the film studio, & Spielberg too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.