Audeze Robbed: $250,000 in Headphones Stolen

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by rob303, Mar 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Considering the retail price, and depending of course on the specific models stolen, it's probably around 100 - 200 stolen headphones. Not really that many to unload.

Let's hope the thief/thieves get caught regardless.

2. nbakid2000

nbakid2000 On Indie's Cutting Edge

Buy it immediately?

Robert C, chrischerm and mikeyt like this.
  3. jh901

jh901 Forum Resident

Well, let's say, for the sake of argument, that 200 sets of "hot" Audeze headphones in end up in the hands of consumers. Someone who knows better is bound to take note of uber hi-end headphones (into an iPhone) in use on public transit, right? I mean, I'd be shocked if the typical consumer of Audeze products will end up with these. I see any number of Beats headphones each day, but I can guarantee you that if I saw Audeze I'd do a pretty good double take.

4. nbakid2000

If anything, this could turn out to be a great marketing opportunity assuming normal Joe on the street gets ahold of them to wear in public.

5. russk

russk Forum Resident

Boxes huh? Anyone here ever play Metal Gear Solid? Its horrible this happened to that company but I read that part and couldn't help but laugh.

jfeldt, nbakid2000 and Rolltide like this.
  6. Rolltide

Rolltide Forum Resident

Haha, I was waiting for somebody else to make that connection.

russk and nbakid2000 like this.
  7. nbakid2000

I was going to post a picture actually of the gameplay.

[​IMG]

Mike34260, Robert C and russk like this.
  8. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

How DO they use the boxes?

9. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

I think world-wide it's a pretty big market, and there's nothing to say these headphones aren't on their way to Moscow or Cambodia right now.

Shawn likes this.
  10. I was thinking that you should line up the purchase in person, show up with a baseball bat, and club them into submission, but that probably wouldn't go over too well with some people, so....

I guess contact Audeze as is suggested on their website.

11. jh901

jh901 Forum Resident

Hm. Well, I am pretty naive when it comes to global crime syndicates. I wonder if the team which doesn't make the cut for drugs, arms, money-laundering, human traffic, and cyber is assigned to hi-end audio gear. Jeez, maybe we should be feeling sorry for the perpetrators now that I think about it.

jfeldt likes this.
  12. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

Maybe these are senior thieves who have risen up through the ranks. They start with drugs, then arms, then money laundering and then proceed to turntables and headphones! It's a natural progression! I remember when I was working in Thailand how someone hit the B&W showroom (smashed the front window) and carted off two pairs of massive Nautilus speakers. How they managed that, I'll never know! Headphones in comparison where a piece of cake! Yeah, I'm thinking these phones are on their way to Asia.

jamesmaya likes this.
  13. jamesmaya

jamesmaya Senior Member

:laugh:
    Sure. But Cambodia? :laugh:

14. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

I was trying to think of the least number of Asians I might offend! :laugh: Yakuza? Shhhh. I don't want them mad at me.

jamesmaya likes this.
  15. Colin M

Colin M Forum Resident

Nah! If they'd monitored this site... they would have gone after USB cables.

16. jh901

jh901 Forum Resident

Gotta believe that some middle manager at Bose isn't going to catch wind of this and throw a tantrum because crime bosses are dissing their headphones. Between this newest apparent slight and the whole Beats phenomenon, man, tough times for the champ.

nbakid2000 likes this.
  17. Jack Flannery

Jack Flannery Forum Resident

Crap news.

18. RubenH

RubenH Forum Resident

I'd go with choice # 1 Alex

SoCalWJS likes this.
  19. Ham Sandwich

Ham Sandwich Senior Member

One things for certain. These guys weren't audiophiles. No audiophile would be able to crawl on the floor without their belly or butt sticking more than 2 feet up and triggering the motion sensors. ;)

Donniej, Kyhl, Robert C and 2 others like this.
  20. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

Definitely not audiophiles. They'd still be there arguing over which cables to take when the police arrived.

Rolltide, Robert C, russk and 2 others like this.
  21. Ham Sandwich

Ham Sandwich Senior Member

Audeze's headphone cables are $80. Even for the balanced cables. An audiophile would have wasted time opening each box and discarded the cables rather than risk having such cheap cables.

I expect the next versions of Audeze's headphones to be packaged in 2.5' x 2.5' boxes so they're all too big to slide on the floor without triggering the motion sensors.

This does suck. The guys that started Audeze are one of us. Audiophiles chasing better sound who discovered that they knew how to make drivers that would make better headphones. I met them at a meet when they just had ideas and the LCD-1 in a prototype stage. It was a brave idea born from being audiophiles chasing after better sound.

Ghostworld and Shawn like this.
  22. Ntotrar

Ntotrar Forum Resident

Audeze Robbed: $250,000 in Headphones Stolen

Technically it was a burglary...

23. Drew769

Drew769 Buyer of s*** I never knew I lacked

I would hope they were insured properly. The feeling of being violated, even in a business setting, sucks though.

People steal just about anything they can steal. I had a client lose a container of hosiery to a well planned hijacking. It's the old take what's behind door number 1 routine half the time...

24. rob303

rob303 Forum Resident Thread Starter

You're right. I just snagged the phrasing from their Twitter feed.

25. VinylRob

VinylRob Forum Resident

So you're saying there is going to be some white van bargains to be had?!

Audeze is literally a high-end steal?!

(just kidding) Stealing is wrong and bad, and hopefully will see punishment.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.