Battle Creek - from Vince Gilligan & David Shore

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Deesky, Feb 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident Thread Starter

Yes, brought to you from the creators of Breaking Bad, Better Call Saul and House! I don't think I need to know anything else about the show (though I know it's about two police detectives) to watch it. Starts Sunday at 10 p.m.

2. forthlin

forthlin Member Chris & Vickie Cyber Support Team

I was in for this one just based on the previews...didn't know about the connection to those other great shows.

3. Deesky

That's how I originally came to know about the show - by reading about Vince's next project(s) after Breaking Bad. Superficially, Battle Creek seems similar to True Detective, which can't be a bad thing, but I guess we'll have to wait and see...

forthlin likes this.
  4. Jose Jones

Jose Jones Outstanding Forum Member

I lived in Battle Creek, MI from 2005-2010, so I'm interested in how the town and its image is going to be spun in this context.

5. Scotian

Scotian Amnesia Hazed

Dean Winters is usually fun to watch no matter what he's in (except maybe that Law & Order stint).

6. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

I think he was my favorite character on the entire run of "30 Rock". I might check it out, but it looks like a typical buddy cop show.

7. Deesky

It had been a while since learned of this series, so I wasn't aware that it was meant to be a comedy (or a dramedy), which came as a bit of a surprise. I wish I could say that it was a pleasant surprise, but I can't. It really didn't do anything for me at all. I don't think I'll be watching. I'll stick with Brooklyn-99 instead.

bopdd likes this.
  8. Mirrorblade.1

Mirrorblade.1 Forum Resident

I feel asleep, it had all to familiar patterns I have in movies buddy cop movies.
    I will watch it a few more times.

9. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

Why does this name make me think of breakfast cereal?

10. Damien DiAngelo

Damien DiAngelo Forum Resident

Because two of the biggest cereal manufacturers, Kellogg and Post, are both based in Battle Creek, MI.

11. The Wanderer

The Wanderer Seeker of Truth

I no longer watch anything on CBS on Sunday nights.

12. forthlin

forthlin Member Chris & Vickie Cyber Support Team

I was ok with episode 1. It wasn't completely predictable, I'll watch for a while at least.

13. Thomas D

Thomas D Forum Resident

I'm enjoying this show. It's reminiscent of the Lance White (Tom Selleck) episodes of the Rockford Files, which I always liked, but this is even better. Episode 2 deliberately threw in some homage to Breaking Bad. But in this case it was a maple syrup cartel rather than meth. There was a Gus analogue character who went to reach for something inside his jacket, the police stopped him, and it turns out he was reaching for a crepe so he could test the syrup. The actors play off each other well. Kal Penn's pot scenes were hilarious. Pretty funny show so far.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2015
  14. ssmith3046

ssmith3046 Forum Resident

I've watched every episode so far. I enjoy it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.