Walking Dead on AMC (Part 5)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Michael, Nov 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O! Thread Starter

LOL! now that's comforting.

2. Michael

thanks... that was great.

3. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

I suspect many will not like this episode, but I enjoyed it. I don't believe that this community will turn into another Woodbury, Terminus, Atlanta hospital. I can't imagine that the writers will go to that well again. If they do, then they've truly run out of ideas. So far, it seems that this story line is about the group's struggle to trust strangers and adjust to a new community. Rick and Daryl seem to be the least trusting of the group, but this really was a Rick episode. We regularly saw hints of Rick's mistrust of the community and his struggle to adjust. His taking the knife and his comment at the end about taking the community are indicative of his struggle to trust anybody outside of his group. It would be an interesting turn of events if Rick's group is the group that eventually has some kind of sinister plan in store for the community of strangers as had happened to them in the past when they put their trust in strangers only to have it backfire. It would certainly turn everything on its head, give us a different look at the protagonists and a clearer picture of just how much they've changed for the worse, just how much they've devolved as a result of their extended time struggling in the zombie apocalypse.

4. Michael

I'm not convinced...they may be playing them. Video taping them to place them...Interesting. Smart move placing Rick in his new/old position...Daryl seems to have much suspicion...so do I. We need to know where that girl went in the woods...

JimC and Encuentro like this.
  5. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

Yes, there are questions that need answering. Another is who took the gun that Rick hid in the blender? It's interesting that Rick is suspicious but still willing to try and fit in. It's like an internal struggle. He wants so desperately to have some kind of safe haven for his family, wants so desperately to respect the group's wishes, but he and the group have been screwed so many times which has developed in him an understandable mistrust of those outside of the group.

JimC and Michael like this.
  6. Michael

the gun?...The Girl that Carl followed. This situation can't be "safe" the show does not call for this unless they are ending it without any announcement.
    LOL! Carol telling Daryl to "take a shower"...

Hawklord, JimC and Encuentro like this.
  7. JimC

JimC Senior Member

Carol lied -- a lot. She's definitely suspicious and playing the junior league role to hide how tough she is. But the Alexanders may know about her from the spying.

Kossoff is God and Mr. H like this.
  8. Veltri

Veltri ♪♫♫♪♪♫♫♪

Non comic book reader here. Is this thread free of book spoilers?

Anyhow, Rick's interview seemed to foreshadow the direction the show will take.
    Keep the doors closed.

9. Hawklord

Hawklord Senior Member

Thats what I think. She was probably out coincidently when Rick first hid it. I think she's planning an escape. I wonder though if they may go down a different road this time and have Ricks crew simply try to take control like he said at the end.

10. sixtiesstereo

sixtiesstereo Senior Member

Right you are. Carol, and her coy "nice lady" act is simply a ploy on her part to fool the Alexanderians
    until she, Rick and Darryl can figure out exactly who these people are. From the way Carol fumbled around
    taking off her gun (an act) to the comments she made in her taped interview about her husband ( a lie) and her being the den-mother of the group, it's obvious she and Rick and Darryl have something planned. Can't wait to see her get back into her kick-ass mode....right now she's my favorite character on the show.

JimC and Mr. H like this.
  11. dead of night

dead of night Senior Member

Tying up that walker because he killed one of the crew was an amateur move on that ROTC kid's part. He's a rookie and doesn't know he's with some of the most seasoned professionals ever to survive a holocaust.

Vidiot, Michael and JimC like this.
  12. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Even if you take the whole Alexandria community at face value, it seems that in this world you could never have anything but a meta-stable community ready to collapse at a moment's notice. If someone has a heart attack or otherwise dies in the middle of the night, most likely everyone in their home dies. If someone dies on the street, it could be worse. If someone inside the walls goes alinear and decides they want wreck havoc by creating a few walkers with a few bullets, it wouldn't take much for the whole community to quickly go down the drain.

As Rick has noted, there are lots of desperate and not kind people roaming the roads, and the walls of that community are big/strong enough to keep the walkers at bay, but hardly enough to keep people with real intent out.

Vidiot, JimC, Hawklord and 1 other person like this.
  13. SonOfAlerik

SonOfAlerik Forum Resident

I have a dumb question.....

How do they have hot water and electricity? I didn't hear any generators.

And while the walls were steel that front gate wasn't that impressive. Get a hundred walkers against it and I bet it comes down.

Allen Michael likes this.
  14. I assumed a 10Kilowatt diesel generator is somewhere with noise dampeners around it -but I don't believe it has been discussed yet.

15. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Yeah, that front gate DOESN'T look very impressive. On the other hand, it was created/reinforced by an architect. So you know it's good.

Michael likes this.
  16. thegage

thegage Forum Currency Nerd

Deanna talks about how it was a planned community with solar, self-sufficient water, etc.

I do think the "walkers from within" scenario will pop up again at some point. I don't think they showed the elderly couple by accident.

John K.

JimC likes this.
  17. SonOfAlerik

SonOfAlerik Forum Resident

Watch the elderly couple turn at a bingo game and bring the whole place down.

18. SteveCooks

SteveCooks Senior Member

We have seen several types of political societies : the primitive one with Terminus, the dictatorial with the hospital, the guru /sect type with the governor.

Then it looks like the communist one, as the name was dropped by Deanna...

JimC likes this.
  19. JimC

JimC Senior Member

Do we know what happened to Deanna's husband?

20. Michael

she the person they need to spill the beans...felt this the moment i saw her...She's got issues. Carl is hot for her...

21. Michael

YES! I was smiling when she was throwing the Bull$hit!

JimC likes this.
  22. Michael

Dinner?

JimC likes this.
  23. Michael

she's got it all scripted...

24. Michael

I guess she was impressed with the steel beams? weak, yes it will fall.

25. Michael

LOL! yes, there isn't much they can do to a walker and it doesn't even know it's alive...ridiculous...but, why was the guts red? there ain't no red blood or organs...it's all blackened from immediate rot from the virus...I enjoyed him getting punched out...

Last edited: Mar 2, 2015
    JimC and Encuentro like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.