Secrets and Lies - New Show on ABC - Anyone Watching?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by rockclassics, Mar 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rockclassics

rockclassics Senior Member Thread Starter

I am watching the encore performance of this right now. So far it is pretty interesting. The female detective is weird and scary. I usually don't like shows where the crime victim is a child so not sure I will stay with this or not.

Anyone else watching? Thoughts?

Michael likes this.
  2. Frank

Frank Senior Member

We recorded it but haven't watched it yet. Seems similar to Gracepoint (FOX) from the past summer, which we wound up enjoying in its own weird way.

3. rjp

rjp Senior Member

my wife liked it, i found the writing to be very juvenile in nature. looks like there will be lots of red herrings thrown into this one, they almost have to in order to hold interest for 10 - 13 weeks (whatever this one is).

4. guidedbyvoices

guidedbyvoices Old Dan's Records

Not a fan of Ryan Philippe but I do like Juliette Lewis especially since people used to always say my wife looked like her.:love:

5. Torontotom

Torontotom Forum Resident

The preview looked great but the first episode was stiff and the acting forced. Juliette Lewis is miscast. I didn't believe her for one moment.

6. GLUDFSSR

GLUDFSSR Senior Member

I can see SNL going to town on Juliette Lewis on this show. Her over the shoulder stares...

7. Watched the first hour, noticed it was very similar to Gracepoint. Shortly into the second hour, right around the time the old "teenage daughter has a secret life" subplot emerged I decided that, just like Gracepoint, there will be so many suspects it doesn't really matter who did it. It also seemed to be turning into a soap opera. So I'm done.

8. Juggsnelson

Juggsnelson Senior Member

If you liked Gracepoint the original Uk version of the show, the superior Broadchurch, starts season 2 on BBC this week I believe.

audiomixer and Frank like this.
  9. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

Ah, so it is a Broadchurch clone! :)

10. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

Unfortunately Broadchurch S2 has been largely caned by critics and viewers alike, especially when compared to S1, so be prepared...

11. fitzysbuna

fitzysbuna Senior Member

oh no! not another remake ! this time of an Australian show ! the original Australian show looked more like a soap!

12. guidedbyvoices

My wife and I watched the first two episodes. Laughably terrible. Logic out the window. Get a lawyer! Call the cops when the bad husband shows up! Tell your wife! We may watch this as a laugh. Loved that the handyman there was living in a fancy neighborhood too.

13. rjp

rjp Senior Member

worse writing in the second episode than the first.

no wonder ryan philipp isn't in any movies anymore, he is just terrible, and juliette lewis isn't much better.

14. rockclassics

I missed the second episode mainly because I forgot about it. The first one was nothing great and after reading these comments I may just forget about it.

Michael likes this.
  15. guidedbyvoices

I'm not going to grade them to harsh on their acting when the plot and writing is so bad. The amount of times Lewis shows up, pops up, calls Philippe, sends an officer to bring him downtown was comical by the second half of the pilot.

I've decided to stick around to see how bad this gets

16. rockclassics

I'm giving it another try tonight. So far, it is pretty slow. But it beats watching the 5 no talent dark hair females on E!

Michael likes this.
  17. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

I'm not, but my wife is watching...

18. Michael

thankfully my wife feels the same as us!

19. Michael

. Juliette Lewis is awesome...been a fan for years.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.