Collector's Choice % Off sales*

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by dirtymac, Oct 11, 2014.

1. bubba-ho-tep

bubba-ho-tep Resident Ne'er-Do-Well

I ordered my copy of Rise and Fall of Paramount Records, Vol. 2 and my order status has been stuck on "allocated for shipping" since the 22nd. Does it usually take them this long to ship an in-stock item? I assume that "ALC" means that they've already pulled the item for shipping, right?

2. masterbucket

masterbucket Senior Member

That is correct.

3. bubba-ho-tep

I e-mailed customer service about my Paramount Records, Vol. 2 order and they responded that the item is out of stock and not available for shipping at this time even though they supposedly "allocated" a copy to ship to me.

I wonder if this is because they don't really want to honor my 20% coupon code.

4. Beholdentonoone

Beholdentonoone Forum Resident

Not at all…not only did they honor my 20% off code they refunded me the 5% difference as I ordered this when they had the 25% sale running and they couldn't fulfill my order…try calling them to see if you can get a little more info and be patient...

5. As above- they honoured 20% on mine and shipped the set to New Zealand for $12, I hate to think what the real cost of freight was.

For what ever reason there seems to be a real issue with availability for Volume 2 but I'd advise anyone who's interested to hang in, even better than Vol1 IMO.

6. maxwelledison1

maxwelledison1 Senior Member

Thank You!

7. bubba-ho-tep

I needn't have worried. My Paramount box shipped yesterday!

nibor likes this.
  8. masterbucket

masterbucket Senior Member

Bubba,
    Did you get the notification that they no longer ship to Tx?
    Just kidding.
    Enjoy your prize.

bubba-ho-tep likes this.
  9. Quark1134

Quark1134 Forum Resident

Anyone got a code that still works? The CC site accepts the above codes and applies the discounts, but won't process my order - presume they're not honouring those discounts anymore.

10. Beholdentonoone

Current code still works Quark but your purchase must be over $60!

• JAN1520: Take 20% OFF Orders of $60 Or More

I just used it as a matter of fact!!!

Last edited: Feb 26, 2015
    Quark1134 likes this.
  11. Quark1134

Quark1134 Forum Resident

Thanks for that. Sounds like something else is the problem - perhaps my credit card provider is blocking a "suspicious" transaction.

12. Beholdentonoone

Have you bought from them before with that card? The 1st time I ordered from them I used my AMEX and I got a blocked transaction that I had to call in and "authorize".

Could very well be the problem.

13. Quark1134

Quark1134 Forum Resident

Yes, I've sued the same card with them before, so not sure what's happened. Will try another card later today.

14. Citroen

Citroen vinylholic

Quark1134,

I'm hearing of similar Oops messages, and orders not working from other downunder users, including myself in the past week or so :(
    Its been suggested that some geoblocking may be occurring, as using an anonymous VPN has solved the problem.

I have no idea how do to this safely, so no more orders from deep discount/importcds/ccmusic from me... :(

15. weavzy

weavzy Needle Dropper

So its not just me! Ive been trying to complete an order for two weeks. Ive been in contact with the website. The informed me that the issue had been referred to their IT department and they would contact me with a solution.

But of course i have had no contact from them and my emails have not been replied to.

Is it just us aussies???

What is a vpn number anyway? I'm getting desperate!!

16. Quark1134

Quark1134 Forum Resident

What VPN are you using? Seems like I need to get with the times.

weavzy likes this.
  17. Quark1134

Quark1134 Forum Resident

Well I tried unblock-us, but no luck. I sent them a message flagging the geoblocking and asking them to kick the responsible IT person in the groin until it's fixed. :angel:

18. weavzy

weavzy Needle Dropper

Ive been emailing them for nearly three weeks. About three day into that three week patch they told me they would contact the IT department and they would get back to me. They havent.

my last few emails havent been replied to.

19. Quark1134

Quark1134 Forum Resident

That doesn't sound too hopeful. If it's affecting a number of countries I suppose it'll get fixed when they notice the bottom line impact.

20. ClassicRockTragic

ClassicRockTragic Forum Resident

Arrrg. Jan1520 code has expired....:thumbsdow:realmad:

Anyone know a new code for March?

Last edited: Mar 2, 2015
  21. ClassicRockTragic

I must say I have had a good run with these guys, but the shipping is weird.

Weird in that everything I order is in stock, and say I order 10 records, I might get them in 5 separate shipments.

The only downside is if a record ships as a single item, the cover invariably is bent. Them the breaks I guess... I'm sending it back.

Just need a new code :righton:

22. Beholdentonoone

I just got an email from them last week announcing their new CC Vinyl shop and i got a 10% coupon which is Needle10. Sorry it's not 20 or 25% but it's all I got for now.

Hope this helps some of you.

ClassicRockTragic likes this.
  23. ClassicRockTragic

Thanks for that.

I wonder why I do not get these emails or codes??? I have purchased a considerable amount from CCmusic and importCds

Oh well

24. Beholdentonoone

I really hope they introduce another 20 or 25% off coupon! I've bought a TON of stuff from them using these codes.

25. Beholdentonoone

I just received my latest order and it came with a small catalog of vinyl titles from 16 labels all of which come with a 15% off coupon code on orders of $25 or more.

Sadly the coupon is only applicable to titles ordered from this private sale catalog and it is not valid online so I assume these would apply to phone orders but wanted to make you all aware…the code is label15