White Stripes 'Get Behind Me Satan' Finally Getting a Vinyl Release on 4/18/15

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by AZRunner, Mar 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AZRunner

AZRunner Forum Resident Thread Starter

http://consequenceofsound.net/2015/...d-me-satan-receives-first-ever-vinyl-release/

Third Man Records will commemorate the 10th anniversary of The White StripesGet Behind Me Satan by releasing the album on vinyl for the very first time. A limited-edition multi-colored version will be available for Record Store Day 2015 (April 18th), with a standard black vinyl release following later this year.
    Disc one of the multi-colored, double LP set is pressed on red vinyl, while disc two is pressed on white vinyl. The package also includes a full-size, 12” x 12”, gatefold lenticular jacket, newly-created inner artwork reprising themes of the original promo-only version of the LP, and a digital download code.
    Following Get Behind Me Satan’s initial release in 2005, White intended to record a live version of the album exclusively for vinyl. However, problems with the band’s recording studio derailed the plans, and only a limited quantity of LPs were made available to music industry folks and critics. That was — until now.

2. Holerbot6000

Holerbot6000 Forum Resident

That's great news. I've been waiting a long time for this one. I despise RSD with a passion but this year I may have to brave it...

3. AZRunner

Hopefully there will be a large supply to go around. This will probably be the most popular item at RSD this year.

4. Pinknik

Pinknik Senior Member

Hopefully it doesn't sound like ****.

5. AZRunner

I never heard the promo, how did that sound?

6. pghmusiclover

pghmusiclover Senior Member

Just FYI from the press release: "A limited-edition multi-colored version will be available for Record Store Day 2015 (April 18th), with a standard black vinyl release following later this year."

7. baroquehoedown33

baroquehoedown33 Electro-synthemagnetic musical dork

YYYYYESSSSS!!! Best announcement. Jack White said to me "hell yes home slice" on the TMR Vault Chat when I remarked that I was excited. Best day ever? I think so.

8. FrixFrixFrix

FrixFrixFrix Senior Member

http://thirdmanrecords.com/news/thi...hite-stripes-album-for-record-store-day-2015/

Third Man Records is so pleased to announce that the day we have all been waiting for has finally arrived. In honor of the ten year anniversary of The White Stripes' Get Behind Me Satan, Record Store Day 2015 will mark the release of the first ever commercially available version of the pivotal record on vinyl. This 180-gram double LP features disc one pressed on red vinyl with disc two pressed on white vinyl and includes a full-size, 12” x 12”, gatefold lenticular jacket (below). Newly-created inner artwork reprising themes of the original promo-only version of the Satan LP will be exclusive to this release, and an MP3 download code will be included.

This limited and exclusive pressing of Get Behind Me Satan will be available at participating record stores as well as Third Man Records only on Record Store Day, April 18th, 2015, with a non-exclusive, standard-artwork, black vinyl release to come later this year.

A running order exclusive to the vinyl format will be as follows:

Side A:
    Blue Orchid
    The Nurse
    My Doorbell

Side B:
    Forever For Her (is Over For Me)
    As Ugly As I Seem
    The Denial Twist
    White Moon

Side C:
    Instinct Blues
    Passive Manipulation
    Take, Take, Take

Side D:
    Little Ghost
    Red Rain
    I’m Lonely (But I Ain’t That Lonely Yet)

footlooseman likes this.
  9. SEV

SEV Forum Resident

44:14 length spread over 2 LPs.

maybe it'll be 45 RPM?

footlooseman likes this.
  10. SEV

SEV Forum Resident

11. Nielsoe

Nielsoe Forum Resident

Great news! It was digitally recorded, right?

12. VinylRob

VinylRob Forum Resident

NFW?! Still the quagmire of the RSD lottery and scalping copies for ridiculous prices. Thanks for the info, but I still see this title as near unoptainium. Personally, I'm not camping out in front of a record store, overnight, to maybe get a copy of anybodies record, not even this one.

13. FrixFrixFrix

VinylRob likes this.
  14. inperson

inperson Senior Member

I like this album. Why the wait to put it out on vinyl anyway? Wasn't it put out in the UK on vinyl as a promo or something?

The big question is, will it be all analog?

15. VinylRob

VinylRob Forum Resident

Yes it was out on a very, very, very limited number of vinyls already.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2015
  16. SEV

SEV Forum Resident

Changing the order of the songs: :doh:

A running order exclusive to the vinyl format will be as follows:

Side A:
    Blue Orchid
    The Nurse
    My Doorbell

Side B:
    Forever For Her (is Over For Me)
    As Ugly As I Seem
    The Denial Twist
    White Moon

Side C:
    Instinct Blues
    Passive Manipulation
    Take, Take, Take

Side D:
    Little Ghost
    Red Rain
    I’m Lonely (But I Ain’t That Lonely Yet)

17. VinylRob

VinylRob Forum Resident

Yep, I got that.
    Thanx.
    It's just that I kind of am a RSD exclusive release hater these days, because I'm too old for the camping out thing.
    Sorry, not meaning to run down your message, honest.
    As it is really good news, eventually.

18. VinylRob

VinylRob Forum Resident

Was it to begin with?

19. Amnesiac

Amnesiac Forum Resident

The black vinyl is coming later, I'll be waiting for that. The MSRP for the RSD edition is $36, too much for me.

VinylRob likes this.
  20. VinylRob

VinylRob Forum Resident

+1

21. SEV

SEV Forum Resident

I got this directly from Third Man Records:

"Yes, this was originally recorded to tape and the vinyl masters were cut directly from the analog mix-down."

Dino, Merrick, sassi and 5 others like this.
  22. AZRunner

Great!

Kyle G likes this.
  23. thxphotog

thxphotog Camera Nerd Cycling Nerd Guitar Nerd Dietary Nerd

I'm totally in! Likely to wait for black vinyl.

24. FrixFrixFrix

They produced 300 promo pressings from the CD master to send to journalists. They've been going for $300+ on the secondary market ever since, but notoriously sound like hot garbage.

The only change is Little Ghost and Ugly As I Seem swapping spots. Couldn't say why though.

25. scobb

scobb Forum Resident

Saw the title and thought "great"! Read that it was a RSD release and my heart sank as it will still completely unobtainable here in Australia! I want to swear at decision makes here.

I know the idea behind RSD is good but it doesn't work in practice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.