Good deals on amazon.ca - Updated as deals are found (pt2)

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by MilesSmiles, Dec 22, 2013.

1. Dennis Metz

Dennis Metz Born In A Motor City south of Detroit

Great lightning deals on those classical mega sets today.

2. AndrewS

AndrewS Senior Member

3. Beholdentonoone

Beholdentonoone Forum Resident

How did I miss this one??? What did you pick up Dennis?

4. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

You missed it because he didn't provide links. ;)

5. Beholdentonoone

6. Laibach

Laibach Forum Resident

I ordered six LPs from amazon.ca.

Amazon says they'll be delivered by mid-March. Some of these products weren't available on other amazon websites and were priced better.

I've been happy with amazon.ca's service, they've been using DHL to deliver my recent purchases and they've been really fast. I actually had the Sleater-Kinney box set delivered overnight (literally) and as I said the prices have been good.

In the past I used to avoid amazon.ca as the prices were high and delivery took months. There should be a better exchange rate these days, for sure, but I've noticed that they've improved their service. Looking back at my history, I hadn't ordered since 2010.

GentleSenator likes this.
  7. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

overnight to where? you don't have your location filled out.

8. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Amazon.ca is fine as long as they can source something. BUT they are pretty bad at sourcing anything that has started to go out of print. I have stuff that I ordered a few years ago from Amazon.ca still awaiting shipment...stuff that was still in print in the US and elsewhere when they stopped being able to source it...So if no one else had it in stock, unless it's something special to Canada, I would be prepared for no shipment...

9. Laibach

Laibach Forum Resident

Yes, I noticed this other thread earlier: http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threa...eft-the-location-where-you-are-living.414985/ But count me among the paranoid, and let's just say that at the present time I'm pretty far away from Canada.

I actually ordered the Sleater-Kinney box set after they ran out of copies at both amazon.com and cduniverse. If you remember, there was a period of time, around late October/early November, when that box set became extremely rare and prices skyrocketed on ebay. I never thought amazon.ca would be able to fulfill the order, but they did. So, I suppose I've had a different experience than yours. There's this interval of time, almost five years between 2010-2014, when I didn't order anything from the place and I've regained confidence in the site. I can't say the same about amazon UK, my orders there have really decreased in the past couple of years, due to bad experiences.

10. uphoria6

uphoria6 Senior Member

11. inaptitude

inaptitude Forum Resident

That Moz album is great!

Mr. H likes this.
  12. uphoria6

uphoria6 Senior Member

down to 16.46 now too. Nice

13. Dennis Metz

I was going to, but ended up passing.

14. Dennis Metz

15. The Beave

The Beave My Wife Is My Life! And don’t I forget it!

Thank You Man!!
    Just scored the Stones!! $23 for a triple 180 gram audiophile release.
    Unbelievable.
    the beave

16. starbuck

starbuck Forum Resident

17. popmat

popmat Forum Resident

18. Beholdentonoone

19. popmat

popmat Forum Resident

dunno. Just see all the marketplace sellers charging an outrageous price and Amazon.com is not selling it - only the marketplace sellers

20. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

I doubt Audio Fidelity would be repressing a title that was released so long ago. These titles don't come back.

21. igbee

igbee Forum Resident

22. The Beave

The Beave My Wife Is My Life! And don’t I forget it!

Not anymore. Up over $1,400 canadian dollars now. Who the heck would spend that kind of cash on 4 cd's?????
    the brave

23. ptijerm

ptijerm Forum Resident

LOL...what post are you responding to, Beave? I've gone back 4 pages and can't find anything by aoxomoxoa...

aoxomoxoa likes this.
  24. Axis_67

Axis_67 Senior Member

If you click on the arrow in the quote box at the top of the post, it will take you back to aoxomoxoa's post,which is #13 in the thread.

25. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

^ never knew that!

black sheriff likes this.