Deep Discount 15% sale

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by slipkid, Aug 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slipkid

slipkid Senior Member Thread Starter

I just placed an order for a mix of both in stock & preorder stuff. And at first I thought I was not getting the discount on the preorder stuff, just like I thought before - but I see now that I was wrong. The way they show the final order receipt after checkout confused me.

It used to be, months ago, when using promo codes on their site (at least I think it worked this way, or at least it does on most sites I use with promo codes) that you can see each item in your cart with a reduced price.

But instead of doing that now, DD puts the items in the cart/order summary with no discounts shown on the line items, but instead shows the discount applied to the total at the bottom.

Ok on that so far, but what confused me last time, and again now, is that after I paid, a receipt/order summary gets generated that is broken into two parts. The top part is for items in stock and shows a subtotal, then shows the promo code applied and the discount, then the shipping (free) and the total for those items.

And beneath that is a separate section (for the preorders) entitled "Backordered Items". That is broken down the same way, shows each item with its regular price, then a subtotal, then a line with the promo code and the percentage discount (15%) but the discount AMOUNT is shown as "$0.00", and the next subtotal is the full price for the backordered/preordered item - making it look that no discount was applied to any of those!

But looking at the first section again with the discount there, I can see that the $ amount applied up there is MORE than the subtotal for just that section, it actually works out to be a discounted cost of the ENTIRE order.

Not sure if I am explaining that very well, but it led me to believe with my last order that I did not get any discount on preorders so that I decided not to order them anymore, mistakenly thinking that they did not apply the discount to those items. :sigh:

2. lv70smusic

lv70smusic Senior Member

I think you're explaining it well, and I assume you're referring to the order receipt that's sent out via email since that's how mine is formatted as well. The receipt that displays on their website immediately after you confirm an order makes more sense, with all of the items grouped together, then the discount, then sales tax, and then the order total. Get ready for even more confusion as they ship your items because they will indicate that they shipped a single item yet show the order total on the email receipt.

3. slipkid

slipkid Senior Member Thread Starter

The final receipt I got after checkout, AND the receipt I was emailed later, are formatted the same way. Breaks up the in stock items vs. the preorder/backorder ones, but in the total areas for each makes it look like "$0.00" discount is applied to the preorder/backorders.

All is good now, at least I understand it (not like before) :)

Yeah, that confuses me too. Even more confusing for me - when it comes time to doublecheck my credit card bills, is when DD (or other sites like ImportCDs, or even Amazon), charge (correctly) for shipped items only once they ship, but the receipts I have printed out in the first place are for the total orders. Much headscratching then ensues for me as I try to figure out what charge is for what and what might be right vs. wrong. Amazon at least gives you the ability to go back and print new order invoices that shows the partials as they are charged so that makes it simple, but not so with DD or ImportCDs. I find ImportCDs to be especially confusing in these cases since I have to figure out where/how much shipping etc got applied to what.

But I digress. Let's enjoy the sales :)

4. Beholdentonoone

Beholdentonoone Forum Resident

5. Jeff Minn

Jeff Minn Senior Member

Thanks! These guys are getting a lot of my business again. :)

Reese likes this.
  6. Beholdentonoone

7. ukrules

ukrules Forum Resident

These guys have pretty good sale prices on some LPs. Given that plus free shipping $25+, nice option. I will catch it next time around.

8. They've been running the 15% codes fairly regularly for the past six months.

9. Reese

Reese Just because some watery tart threw a sword!

15% site wide through noon central time on 4/17.

sgtpppr84 and Tjazz like this.
  10. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store)

Best of the DOORS SACD

Reese likes this.
  11. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

Thanks for bump on the deal!

12. easyge

easyge Senior Member

Hey thanks! What is the code?

13. Reese

Reese Just because some watery tart threw a sword!

FREEMONEY - but you can't miss it when you go to their page.

14. easyge

easyge Senior Member

Thanks. I just needed to refresh my browser!

15. Marvin

Marvin Senior Member

15% off thru noon CST on Sunday (5/3)

DERBY15

bbirch and Reese like this.
  16. Beholdentonoone

Just got this via email from Deep Discount and thought I'd share…

Exclusive Discount for Preferred Customers ONLY

Get $5 off all orders of $25 or more by entering promo code MUTINY in your cart. Extra savings coupons will wash ashore throughout the month, check back often!

PhantomStranger likes this.
  17. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

I tried, but every Blu ray and CD on my list is cheaper at Amazon, and Bull Moose already. Thanks anyway.

18. masterbucket

masterbucket Senior Member

Nice prices on the new Tull and Stones releases........
    Gallery set and deluxe Stones for $32 and change.

19. floyd

floyd Senior Member

Note that if you want to get free shipping you need to get something for at least $30 because once the $5.00 is taken off that bumps you into having to pay postage of $1.99 which makes what seems like you are getting a 20% discount into around 12%, if you find something at $30 or a little more your discount works out around 16.6%.

I ordered the Yes - Relayer (blu-ray deluxe set) which was $25.19 and even when I applied the discount it was showing up as free postage all the way until I hit the order button and the transaction went through it was suddenly $2.00 higher than what I was expecting as postage magically got added on. Still a good deal, but I have to admit I find it wrong that the site did not update price of postage until after I hit the buy button.

20. BIGGER Dave

BIGGER Dave Forum Resident

Another coupon - TREASUREISLAND. Saves 10% until June 5. Not as good as 15% off but better than nothing!

21. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store)

My $22.68 pre-order was canceled. :cussing:

22. It's not worth ordering Audio Fidelity stuff from them. Since they now cancel orders after 30 days, AF stuff is always getting delayed by a month or two from their projected release date.

23. sparkydog

sparkydog Forum Resident

Me too. I'm just about fed up with Deep Discount.

24. masterbucket

masterbucket Senior Member

I had an ELP Trilogy deluxe set ordered from last october that I got from them in may and it was never cancelled along with many other preorders(America sacd/Tull deluxe etc)
    Something else has gone amiss in the case of the AF titles.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.