American Idiot: 10 years later

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by SITKOL'76, Sep 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jose Jones

Jose Jones Outstanding Forum Member

What a hilarious statement. 'Either you agree with my opinion or you're just being obtuse.' Fine, call me obtuse then.... :rolleyes:

2. fmfxray373

fmfxray373 Capitol LPs in the 70s were pretty good.

It looks like you are recognizing yourself in my post.

3. Spear and Magic Helmet

Spear and Magic Helmet Forum Resident

Always had a lot of respect for Billie Joe Armstrong. I don't think there is a more judgemental lot of music listeners out there from whom to spring than the punk rocker core . Oddly, he offends that group by having a great ear for melody and writing accessable music that sells.

American Idiot is an ambitious record that flipped off a lot of people. Not often you get ambition successfully coupled with contempt.

4. thxphotog

thxphotog Camera Nerd Cycling Nerd Guitar Nerd Dietary Nerd

Metallica Black Album anyone? :)

Loved American Idiot to death. Some amazing riffs/melodies that I still love hearing from time to time. Was very luke-warm on the follow-up, which shouldn't surprise as my expectations were so high.

5. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

I lie a lot of G Day. More rock then punk to me.

6. mooseman

mooseman Forum Resident

Anyone know what the original album on vinyl goes for nowadays? I still have a mint copy of American Idiot. I never play it.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2015
  7. SoporJoe

SoporJoe Forum Resident

I really like the album. I thought this would be a springboard to some really interesting, artistic music.

Boy, was I wrong. They decided to put out embarrassing garbage like "Kill The DJ" instead.

8. Amperage

Amperage Forum Resident

This album sucked IMO. Completely forgettable. Green Day's ealier mid-90s stuff was much better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.