Avengers 2: The Age of Ultron (April 2015)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Vidiot, Oct 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden MichiGort Staff

Looks like a classic. :p

2. DragonQ

DragonQ Forum Resident

Modern trailers are terrible at giving away too much information. It's like going to the cinema now is more about seeing funny one-liners and cool effects because you already know the entire plot beforehand. Maybe this has always been the case with trailers though, I have no idea.

Teaser trailer is fine, don't want to see anything else before seeing the film!

3. czeskleba

czeskleba Senior Member

I do now. D'oh.

4. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

the final trailer has arrived….

mikeyt and Evan L like this.
  5. GlamorProfession

GlamorProfession Forum Resident

time to save the world again!

6. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

Bad guys and superheros smashing things in the middle of a big city with lots of fleeing pedestrians -- glad Marvel is sticking to what it's been doing for the last sixty years. :rolleyes:

As least it has Robert Downey Jr., although they even managed of muck up some of the Ironmen by making him a maudlin drunk. Look you ******* screenwriters, we want to see our heroes being brave, active, inspiring, clever and invulnerable. This whole giving it more "depth" by showing their flawed, troubled humanity (which gets interminably drawn out) is always a major fail. Can we name the films that sucked because of it (others please chime in here). Spiderman/Venon, Psychotic Superman (Superman III), The Man of Melancholy: Superman (Man of Steel) , The Dying Hard Partier Iron man 2 (Disney had the good sense to reject the booze plot of "Demon in the Bottle" for Ironman 3), the troubled Hulk movie (Edward Norton, really?), Daniel Craig aka James Bond: the Arthritic Boozer -- and I know there are more. Wake up and smell the "troubled" screenwriting cliche by now! That crap is okay for Wolverine (most of the time) and Batman (The Dark Knight was really a cheery party) but keep some of the damn characters pure and uplifting. Maybe the new Star Wars will have Han Solo trying to kick his accidental carbonite gas addiction, that'll get the fun rolling.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2015
  7. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

I hate to say it, but their movies have become too formulaic. I'm actually looking forward more to the Fantastic Four reboot than this one.

8. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

yawn….let's have the villains win a round or two, maybe kill off one of the Avengers before they comeback and save the day, shock the audience for a change

9. DreadPikathulhu

And if they're going to kill off someone, make it one of the big 3; Thor, Iron Man, or Captain America, and not a second-stringer like Black Widow or the Falcon.

10. Bryan

Bryan Starman Jr.

Who is it that appears for a second at the end?

11. JPagan

JPagan Generation 13

The Vision

12. progrocker71

progrocker71 Forum Resident

I will have to decline to join the march of the ridiculously cynical, I'm looking forward to it.

Vidiot, SAMAUL, musicalbeds and 2 others like this.
  13. Bryan

Bryan Starman Jr.

I'll watch it once for the mindless popcorn entertainment that it is and then move on. I agree, these are getting a little tiresome.

14. progrocker71

progrocker71 Forum Resident

Joss Whedon writing the script immediately increases my desire to see a film, while overall I'm getting tired of the superhero thing, with his involvement it's a guarantee I'll see it opening weekend.

jriems and mikeyt like this.
  15. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

fitzysbuna and mikeyt like this.
  16. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

17. davenav

davenav High Plains Grifter

All I can say is - I'm excited. Marvel being in the driver seat, making their own movies, has been a fantasy for most of my life. With the exception of Iron Man 2, I've been thrilled with every one.

Yeah, this not Oscar-material, but it's not meant to be. Nor, are they mindless excursions like transformers.

They are aimed, like their printed counterparts, for the young at heart. But, they don't speak down to their audience.

18. Sorry Vid. I gotta (surprisingly) agree with Deesky. I'm all tapped out on superheroes. Utterly and completely. After I fell for that X-MEN DoFP campaign ("It's not just a great superhero movie, but it's a great movie.") Never again will I venture into Marvel or DC territory. NEVER. It'll make a zillion bucks warranted or not. And, as I mentioned before the first Avengers is the only film I ever fell asleep on in theaters. Let me know how the NEWEST Spiderman reboot goes. :yawn:
    (I'm off to shudder at the incoming of the next wave of crud: phase 2 of videogame movies. :sigh: )

19. They will. All three: Thor is now a woman, Iron Man'll be Pepper Pots and Captain America is black now. They'll kill off the original actors and reboot them for Phase 4 (?)

EDIT: This is not social commentary. Just my predictions for the franchises.

20. Getting tired of this formulaic onslaught is cynical? I was a huge fan of "PHASE 1". Now I'm bored to tears with this. Not cynical. Cynical is giving a movie and it's sequels a scheduled release date befor the the script is even written.

Just because I'm not buying into these cash grabs (note: not cynicism. Truth. You don't schedule your sequels out for the next ten years for any other reason) doesn't mean I don't like a good time at the movies. You'll find me at midnight screenings of The Goonies and the upcoming re-release of The Breakfast Club or hooting and hollerin' at Jackie Chan flicks. (well his old ones anyway.)

I should add that even Chris Evans is looking to breakaway from superhero films, perhaps even retire altogether because of the fatigue.

DreadPikathulhu likes this.
  21. mikeyt

mikeyt Forum Resident

Were you thrilled with Iron Man 3? I finally saw it the other night and though I enjoyed it more than 2, it left me with a reminder that less is usually more. In this case, literally less Iron Men flying around would've made for a more compelling story, IMO.

22. Drew

Drew Senior Member

Wow. I'm usually the harsh critic when it comes to these Hollywood action fests. IMO what Paramount has done in the Star Trek reboots is a shameful embarrassment.

But the Avengers is what it is. A comic book adapted to a Hollywood action movie. No misrepresentation here. You could expect Disney (who owns Marvel studios) to suck every nickel and dime out of the franchise from the moment it was announced that they bought the property.

And if you don't think Disney isn't going to do the same with Star Wars your crazy.

I only wish I would've bought some Disney stock the day it was announced they were buying Marvel.

DreadPikathulhu and Vidiot like this.
  23. Evan L

Evan L Beatologist

The Avengers movies are faithful to the comic book. You really can't expect(or ask for)more.

BeatleJWOL, musicalbeds and Vidiot like this.
  24. DreadPikathulhu

They've already started in the comic world. There is the ongoing Star Wars title, and now there are Princess Leia and Darth Vader titles. The movie isn't even out for nine more months and I'm already feeling Star Wars fatigue setting in.

25. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

I like the Avengers and looking forward to Ultron.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.