Miles Davis All of You The Last Tour, 1960

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by hbbfam, Mar 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hbbfam

hbbfam Forum Resident Thread Starter

I am really enjoying the music and sound of Miles Davis In Stockholm (1960). I realize there is a set from Paris that same year:
    All of You: The Last Tour, 1960
    How does the sound of this one compare to the Stockholm set?

2. hbbfam

hbbfam Forum Resident Thread Starter

For anyone that is interested, I received this 4 CD set as a Bday gift. I can say that the music is amazing and every bit as good as the Stockholm set. The sound quality is uneven and not as good as the Stockholm set. It is perfectly adequate, and well worth having.

3. grimble

grimble Forum Resident

I've been looking at various releases from the 1960 European tours and I'm having trouble working out which, from the many iterations, releases I should get to get the most complete overview of the tours. Can anyone help?

4. Fill Your Head

Fill Your Head Forum Resident

I'm not an expert but I have that set and it's great.The sound is pretty good in general with a couple of tracks not so good.Wynton Kelly sounds particularly full and percussive.
    I'm not competent to say how exhaustive it is but,with eight versions of "So What",it seems pretty complete to me.
    It comes with an informative 35 page booklet and the first disc features an embarrassing interview with John Coltrane.The interviewer's questions make me cringe.
    The discs themselves look like those cheap re-recordable ones but I haven't found this a problem.
    Altogether, highly recommended.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.