Justified: Premiere on FX Tonight

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by aaronfirebrand, Mar 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

"I told you assholes to leave your cellphones in the car !"

bumbletort, jpelg and agentalbert like this.
  2. Lightworker

Lightworker Forum Resident

I had a laugh when the Sam Elliot character disparagingly called Raylin "flagpole" in the last episode.

Humbuster and bumbletort like this.
  3. bumbletort

bumbletort Senior Member

Yes, a great season. And it feels to me like its going to go really dark. A lot of established characters will bite the dust.

4. bumbletort

bumbletort Senior Member

Elliott makes a great villain when he's in deadly ingratiating mode. Justified has always excelled at baddies.

And they got the great Garret Dillahunt for another evil-doer. Olyphant must have requested him specifically (how could anyone forget his Francis Wolcott?). Garret was so great and sinister on the untimely curtailed Deadwood--must have seemed like a reunion.

Don't know if there's anything to it, but I've thought from the first that Olyphant wanted a show created around a character that had more than a little in common with Seth Bullock, that he didn't feel that he had gotten the chance to explore and fully exploit that character--he's so perfect at it.

Really am going to miss this one--one of those shows that genuinely creates a World.

5. mindblanking

mindblanking The Bourbon King

I think the good guys will make it. I see Olyphant riding off into the sunset at the end to be with his wife and child. The show, of course, has always had a Western feel and I think it'll be the morally ambiguous characters like Boyd or Ava who won't survive. And I'm positive Sam Elliot's not making it through.

6. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

Eva, Eva, Eva...what in the world are you gonna do?

7. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

Joelle Carter is really doing a great job this season playing the character caught with no real good options. I've always liked her and hope she comes out of this okay.

8. Maseman66

Maseman66 Forum Resident

Fantastic final season. I'm loving it. You really have to feel for Ava. And you have to think about a final confrontation between Raylan and Boyd, no? Sure gonna miss it.

agentalbert and bumbletort like this.
  9. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

I really dig Choo-Choo. Good character. I wish they had introduced him before this season, though since he isn't from Harlan I'm not sure how that would have worked.

10. bumbletort

bumbletort Senior Member

The writers (and apparently just about everyone else) were (are) so personally fond of Elmore Leonard I can't help but think they are going all out for this final season as a kind of tribute. What a classic run--6 great seasons with what looks to be a breathtaking finale. Didn't overstay, went on just the right number of seasons. Beautiful.

Craig likes this.
  11. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Funny, I feel just the opposite. Talking through his teeth, looking like some sort of a mongoloid, good riddance.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2015
    spanky1 likes this.
  12. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden MichiGort Staff

This week's episode dropped in a line from Elmore Leonard's Glitz: ""Wonderful things can happen ... when you plant seeds of distrust in a garden of a--holes". Raylan said that he "read it somewhere". I love when they drop in those little Easter Eggs to fans of Leonard's books.

13. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

And thank you for illuminating the rest of us. :tiphat:

14. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

I liked this week's episode a lot. You got to see some emotional development for the main characters.

I'm also enjoying the smart dialog throughout this entire season...

mrjinks, Craig and bumbletort like this.
  15. JudasPriest

JudasPriest Forum Resident

Encouraging to hear favourable response to the new season. How many episodes in is it currently and how many are left?

16. bumbletort

bumbletort Senior Member

8 in, 5 left. Sniff. Gonna miss this show.

Craig likes this.
  17. mindblanking

mindblanking The Bourbon King

This might be my favorite "final" season of any show I've followed. Wasn't thrilled by Breaking Bad's last season. Mad Men has been something of a disappointment and the breaking up the season thing with only one ep added makes it worse. Maybe The Sopranos. I liked that final season and loved the last episode.

18. Humbuster

Humbuster Staff Emeritus

Great season so far.

I wounder how many more episodes until Wynn Duffy bites the dust?

19. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

I've been a big fan of this show since the beginning. But the writing this season is probably the best of any season. The dialog is really good and so true to Elmore Leonard's style...

Not gonna be happy to see it end, even if it ends in style...

20. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

Enjoying the heck out of this season, too. While it doesn't really have a ton of edge-of-your-seat moments, it's still really solidly written and delivered. If they can wrap it up interestingly, this could be one of the best start-to-finish dramas I've ever watched. Let's see how the final 5 episodes play out. I'm really going to miss Justified when it's gone.

By the way, Sam Elliott and Garret Dillahunt are fantastic additions to the show.

21. ChadHahn

ChadHahn Forum Resident

I was watching High Fidelity last night and one of John Cusack's ex-girlfriends in the movie, the one who was a movie reviewer, was Joelle Carter. I hope Boyd doesn't find out that some record store owner was making time with Ava.

Chad

bumbletort likes this.
  22. bumbletort

bumbletort Senior Member

Yeah, I could see Boyd taking a blunt stylus to every platter in the place.

ChadHahn likes this.
  23. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

I did not see the ending of tonight's episode coming. This isn't gonna end well, I don't think...

24. ChadHahn

ChadHahn Forum Resident

I thought that Avery should have come out of the SUV with a pistol and shot both Katherine and Boyd. But then I thought, no they can't do that because it has to end with a show down between Boyd and Raylan. Then this episodes ending came along and blew that theory out of the water.

Chad

25. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

I dunno.... Can they hold Boyd? He didn't steal the money, technically... So what do they have him on?

Boyd and Eva are both still in play, I believe...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.