The Beatles "I Will" guitar tuning

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by beatleswho, Feb 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emitex

emitex Forum Resident

Here's a pretty good clip of the whole song with his fingering. Might be helpful to you.

Jose Jones likes this.
  2. FrankenStrat

FrankenStrat Forum Resident

I'm sorry, you lost me there. I simply pointed out that the correct term for the chord is major not a mayor. It wasn't an attack, unlike your response.

3. nikh33

nikh33 Senior Member

You don't think that telling a Chilean how to pronounce something is a bit snippy?

Kim Olesen and beatleswho like this.
  4. veejaycollector

veejaycollector Forum Resident

A good friend of mine who is an excellent player taught me how to play it along with the record.

Try tuning your guitar down a whole step: D-G-C-F-A-C

For the lead guitar fills in the right channel: Capo at 3 and tuned down a whole step.

The sound opens up and is closest I have found to what is on the record.

5. beatleswho

beatleswho Forum Resident Thread Starter

Sorry my english, i meant Major! What Nikh33 meant was that i am from Chile. Spanish is my language so there's big chances that maybe i write bad some english words. In spanish you say mayor and in english is major. Sorry.

nikh33 likes this.
  6. maxheadroom

maxheadroom Senior Member

The main acoustic guitar is played in F, standard tuning, no alt. tuning or capo.

I believe that second acoustic, that does a couple of riffs, has a capo on the 1st fret.

7. FrankenStrat

My post didn't contain any reference to pronunciation nor to the OP's nationality. And you will note that I prefaced my original reply with "Forgive the pedantry..."

spondres likes this.
  8. Jose Jones

Jose Jones Outstanding Forum Member

Nice. That is the "Yesterday" guitar tuning as well.

spondres likes this.
  9. Keith V

Keith V Forum Resident

Elliot Easton admitted he inadvertently borrowed the lead lick that comes after the verses and used it in My Best Friends Girl. 1986 musician mag article I believe.

10. nikh33

nikh33 Senior Member

You may have thought a little harder and figured the poster was not an English native speaker and was writing as he heard or speaks it. We all know what he meant but you felt you had to comment on it. Unnecessary.

beatleswho likes this.
  11. FrankenStrat

Look nikh33, don't turn this into an unnecessary diversion. I didn't mean any offence to the OP, I merely pointed out the spelling of the word. If you feel outraged at that, so be it. Time to move on.

showtaper likes this.
  12. slane

slane Forum Resident

D-G-C-F-A-D

'Heart Of The Country' from Ram too.

veejaycollector and Onder like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.