New Rihanna/Kanye/Macca song - FourFiveSeconds

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by RamblinRed, Jan 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mindgames

mindgames Forum Resident

2. nbakid2000

nbakid2000 On Indie's Cutting Edge

I thought so too. :D

Michael likes this.
  3. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

Here's my take on the song:

It's a nice little song. Nothing great, not bad. It proves once again Rihanna can sing without autotune. Kanye's performance wasn't all that great. Paul Stepped aside and let those two do what they do best.

As to the recording itself: They used the wrong mic for Rihanna. Her voice sounds a bit dull in the mix. Kanye's vocal sounds too bright, and seems to be a couple of decibels louder than Rihanna.

All in all, a nice song.

It's also nice to see a thread (partly) about Kanye without all the usual Kanye and Kim-bashing that gets those threads locked.

About Kanye: Maybe he just needs to work with, and mingle with more musical legends. He should probably take some singing lessons. The man has talent, and is probably a good guy, even though he says and does some monumentally bone-headed things, he just needs more exposure to the rest of the music world.

4. Frank

Frank Senior Member

5. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

I am so happy for you!

6. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

you mean Billy Shears? Correct?

7. beatle_giancarlo

beatle_giancarlo Forum Resident

Top #5UK Hit Single! (5 Wks on the chart)
    http://www.officialcharts.com/singles-chart/

UK Singles Charts 1st March 2015
    #1 Love Me Like You Do - Ellie Goulding
    #2 Take Me To Church - Hozier
    #3 Uptown Funk - Mark Ronson ft. Bruno Mars
    #4 Earned It - Weeknd
    #5 Four Five Seconds - Rihanna/Kanye West/McCartney

Four Five Seconds video with cool drums :cool:

Last edited: Mar 3, 2015
    paulmccartneyistheman likes this.
  8. beatle_giancarlo

beatle_giancarlo Forum Resident

Four Five Seconds Moves Up #6 to #5 on the Billboard Hot 100! (...and gaining more streams).

Rounding out the Hot 100's top five, Rihanna, Kanye West and Paul McCartney's "FourFiveSeconds" rebounds 6-5 (after rising as high as No. 4 two weeks ago), adding top Streaming Gainer honors. The fab three's single blasts 36-10 on Streaming Songs with a 53 percent surge to 5.8 million after it was added to Spotify and other streamers. (Vevo on YouTube clicks continue to account for the majority, 61 percent, of its streaming activity.) The track bumps 10-8 on Radio Songs (77 million, up 10 percent) and slips 4-5 on Digital Songs (156,000, down 10 percent).

"FourFiveSeconds" additionally spends a fourth week at No. 1 on Billboard's Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart, rewriting McCartney's longest reign on the tally. His sole prior No. 1 on the list, "The Girl Is Mine," with Michael Jackson, led for three weeks (Jan. 15-22-29, 1983).

theMess and She is anyway like this.
  9. maccafan

maccafan Senior Member

McCartney with another #1, and of all places, the hip hop charts?!

To me it's not even a hip hop song?

Grant, theMess and beatle_giancarlo like this.
  10. Paul H

Paul H The fool on the hill

I've had to endure reading far worse on this forum, my friend. Keep 'em coming :cheers:

11. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

I won't take up any unnecessary space in this thread by adding my joke outtakes here. But search them out in other threads that are more appropriate.

12. Gary

Gary Nauga Gort! Staff

13. Paul H

Surely, the outtakes would be the ones we haven't heard...

14. Frank

Frank Senior Member

Of course. Presenting stuff we have all heard already isn't releasing outtakes, it's releasing a "Deluxe Edition."

15. Grant

What I find funny, and kind of sad, too, is that Paul can't get to the top of the carts alone anymore. He needs contemporary artists to hitch a ride with. It's just the changing of the guard.

16. jeatleboe

jeatleboe Forum Resident

Well, it's not even a Paul Song... it's a Rhianna Song, which Paul is involved with.
    Either way I still think McCartney is impressive for having had a #3 album on the US Charts while in his 70's, some two years ago. It's easy for contemporary younger artists to get atop the charts while in their heyday; the real test is to see whether or not Rhianna -- like Paul now -- can still be in the Top 5 when she is in her 70s.

17. graystoke

graystoke Forum Resident

[​IMG]

Grant and Frank like this.
  18. brettb33

brettb33 Forum Resident

I don't really find it sad. Nobody Paul's age can get a top 40 hit by themselves. Heck, these days once an artist reaches their 40s it's nearly impossible to get a hit (see Jennifer Lopez and Mariah Carey last year).

Last edited: Mar 7, 2015
    theMess, Grant and heatherly like this.
  19. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun

What can be described as "sad" with a pop-record. Nothing imo.
    What can be described about as sad that a73 year old man don t conquer the hit-parade by himaelf. Nothing.
    What can be sad about an older artist co-working with younger artists. Nothing.
    What I would describe as a bit sad is "fans" who project their own feelings towards a certain artist and react like spoiled children if the artists make moves in a direction not to the liking of the "fans".
    It s also a bit sad to read "music-lovers" attacking certain artists and music- genres .
    Imo

Skywheel, Timmy84, JDeanB and 6 others like this.
  20. Grant

Amen!

theMess and Bemagnus like this.
  21. Haristar

Haristar Apollo C. Vermouth

Up to #3 in the UK. So it's the first top three song by a solo Beatle since Got My Mind Set On You in 1987.

22. Paul H

I note that All Day also entered at 18, so McCartney has two singles in the UK top 20. That last happened in 1989 when My Brave Face and Ferry 'Cross The Mersey were in the charts concurrently.

23. Timmy84

Timmy84 Forum Resident

Some time, around 1995 or so, the former R&B charts on Billboard was merged into the hip-hop/R&B charts, partly due to the success of Mary J. Blige's hip-hop infused recordings. So that name's been around 20 years. Nothing about the track screams R&B either.

24. Timmy84

Timmy84 Forum Resident

Singer-guitarist and rising star (least in the UK) James Bay did a great cover of the song at the BBC Live Lounge:

Bemagnus, alamo54us and Muddy like this.
  25. Muddy

Muddy Large Member

I actually preferred that to the original (and kudos to him for whatever he sang instead of "spaz").

To be honest, after initially hating this song, I've come to really like the melody, but the lyrics still blow chunks, IMO. Seriously..."four or five seconds from wilding" is about as pretentious as it gets.

Timmy84 and theMess like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.