Remember the Dell Dude?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by PaulKTF, Mar 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member Thread Starter

Uh, attempting to buy illegal drugs is, you know... illegal.

Tex_Writer likes this.
  2. junk

junk Hellion

Well...'possession' I can see (I suppose) but...'attempting' to possess seems just plain ridiculous. :disgust:

3. PaulKTF

Should it be legal to attempt to murder someone so long as you don't actually murder them?

No harm, no foul?

4. Muzyck

Muzyck Pardon my scruffy hospitality

Wow, and to think that George O'Dowd still has a thriving career after being a heroin and cocaine addict. I guess fanboys should give annoying drug addicted losers that make music some extra slack. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Mar 5, 2015
  5. PaulKTF

Who? :)

Is the Dell Dude your brother or something?

I mean, you're seriously defending a guy who had a very easy job, blew all his money, and was stupid enough to be caught buying pot when he should have known he was very recognizable? Really?...

P.S- I will defend none of the stupid, reckless, dangerous crap George has done in his life. He's been just as big of a loser and on multiple occasions. I readily admit when my favorite singers do dumb crap. I'm actually shocked George is still alive. A lot of the video footage of George from 1986 is downright embarrassing.

6. Dell dude should have another shot. You know 90% of the dell workers smoked. Hypocrites.

junk likes this.
  7. PaulKTF

But none of those workers were in a popular and very widely seen ad campaign.

8. Muzyck

Why are you getting all worked up about the "Dell Dude" It was a frickin' commercial. Who the frick cares? He was attempting to "buy pot"? This is a major offense? What planet do you live on? The whole thought of starting this thread is stupid. Really, really stupid.

tonyc and vamborules like this.
  9. PaulKTF

I must ask...

If starting the thread was stupid, then why are you wasting your time reading and replying in such a stupid thread? Isn't that extra stupid? :)

I just get a kick out of people who had a very easy job doing stupid things like this when they should know better.

10. Muzyck

Reread post #29 and look up the word hypocrisy.

11. CusBlues

CusBlues Fort Wayne’s Favorite Retired Son

I actually didn't think he was very annoying in his taped interview. He was forthright on his career, his mistakes and what he is up to now. I thought it was kind of interesting.

12. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

Here's a recent interview with the guy:

https://jgtwo.wordpress.com/2011/03/28/the-encyclopedia-britannica-kid’s-new-agenda-taking-rain-back-from-the-hippies/

JG2: What was it like at the height of your Encyclopedia Britannica fame? Were people constantly coming up and giving you the business?

DF: It was definitely very weird. I was recognized constantly. People would call out, “Hey, you’re that nerd!” or “You’re that dork! Hey, dork!” It was mostly razzing. People tend to feel like they have an intimate connection to you if you’ve been on television. I remember visiting a shopping mall in Austin, Texas—I was out there to see some family—and I was just mobbed instantly. That was more awe, celebrity worship, towards Middle America. In L.A., they were mostly razzing me. But I laughed all the way to bank with the $37 I made off those ads. [Laughs]

wave likes this.
  13. PaulKTF

That's an interesting interview. Thanks for posting the link.

14. vamborules

vamborules Forum Resident

Right, because those two things are really analogous.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.