Marvel's "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." is a go...

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by progrocker71, May 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. davenav

davenav High Plains Grifter

I’m at a loss to explain how the rest of the Marvel Universe is being handled so well, but this show is so…. so, very naff.

Lonson likes this.
  2. progrocker71

progrocker71 Forum Resident Thread Starter

This series has almost nothing to work with in regards to the Marvel universe aside from the most tenuous of threads and whatever table scraps the film series will allow them to play with. The producers are stuck in a sandbox without any toys (character or budgetary).

3. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

I've stopped watching. They totally lost me during the break and Agent Carter and I just don't care enough about the characters to catch up.

Right now my superhero show of choice is The Flash, which can be ridiculous at times, but at least it's fun.

4. progrocker71

I'm begrudgingly going to finish this season and then hope it gets cancelled. :laugh:

The previews for the Daredevil series on Netflix look better than any of the current broadcast TV shows. I'm almost completely done with broadcast TV, there are just so many better options elsewhere.

5. Vinyl Addict

Vinyl Addict Forum Resident

What. A. Terrible. Show

6. Yeah, but that's going to happen with any kind of magic mask scenario. Same thing in Mission Impossible, Tom Cruise puts on the mask and nobody noticed that he was like five inches shorter than the guy he was impersonating.

7. DreadPikathulhu

The explanation I've seen most often in other instances is it's some kind of all-body hologram, though in both of these examples it's clearly just a mask.

kevywevy likes this.
  8. progrocker71

It's also comic-book-world, not in any way attached to reality.

9. DreadPikathulhu

That's true, but there has to be some kind of logic or consistency applied.

Thor can do what he does because he's some sort of alien being.
    Captain America took a super-solider serum
    Iron Man has a lot of fancy technology
    Hawkeye can shoot real good

The magic face mask can disguise an entire body because it creates a hard-light hologram around the wearers entire body that can not only changes your physical appearance but can also bend light to make you appear taller or shorter than you are.

10. malcolm reynolds

malcolm reynolds Handsome, Humble, Genius

Fixed that for you. :D

kevywevy likes this.
  11. It's pretty apparent to me that ABC has been calling more shots in season two.

12. Dok

Dok Senior Member

13. Erik Tracy

Erik Tracy Meet me at the Green Dragon for an ale

I'm on-board with the show - some weird twists and turns.

14. Dok

Dok Senior Member

15. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

Maybe it will be "Lady Sif, Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D." :D

16. DLeet

DLeet Forum Resident

Terrible show? are you kidding? I think it's great! It was boring in the first season a bit when half of the season they were just battling different threats. But starting with the disappeared train episode, things just get more and more interesting.

Tree of Life likes this.
  17. Dok

Dok Senior Member

18. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

I think the show is much better with Ward involved.

19. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

Totally agree. I also think having Fitz/Simmons interacting in a friendly way again improves the show's vibe 100 fold. That whole "gang back together" scene was great - classic Whedon-esque humor.

I'm still not liking a lot of this story arc, but I think the show is moving in the right direction again.

Erik Tracy likes this.
  20. Django

Django Forum Resident

Oh God, Yes.

21. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Is "naff" good or bad? I forgot.

22. HiredGoon

HiredGoon Forum Resident

So I finally caught up with the last 5 episodes. Still a bit too much "Heroes" this season, but next season could be interesting.

There was one scene with Skye fighting Hydra agents that seemed particularly brutal and intense. She was laying down some ninja moves then basically shooting the bad guys at point blank in the face. Normally when there's a shootout it's "off the bad guys at 20 paces" stuff but this scene was ... wow.

Also liked Skye telling Raina to "collect some golden rings" :)

--Geoff

23. I didn't think they should have offed Agent 33 in the finale. Ward and her made for a good evil pairing, if you know what I mean.

24. Dok

Dok Senior Member

Anyone catch the season premiere? The first 5 minutes -

25. Tree of Life

Tree of Life Hysteria

I love this show. Granted in the beginning it was slow but now with the Inhumans story arc things are getting fast paced and the show is awesome IMO. I haven't watched the premiere of season 3 yet since I DVR everything. Probably Friday morning sometime.

DLeet likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.