New Paul Weller album, Saturn's Pattern (May 2015)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by mrjinks, Feb 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. digdug67

digdug67 Hockley's Hits Here!

I love Weller, but I'm afraid I've got to agree, this song isn't doing much for me. But I'm sure glad he still keeps putting out material. Hopefully there will be other songs on the new CD that I'll like better :)

Vinylsoul 1965 likes this.
  2. Koabac

Koabac Self-Titled

Still not a clear answer. The iTunes download does NOT mention his names in the writing credits. I'd really like to know if this is a cowrite or not. I know it doesn't make a difference in terms of song quality, but it does give insight into where Paul's at writing wise - or not. Anyone know definitively?

Vinylsoul 1965 likes this.
  3. Claudio Dirani

Claudio Dirani A Fly On Apple's Wall

It hasn't been divulged, though, as I mentioned, it can be a co-written work, since we are aware of the early sessions with FSOL.

4. graystoke

graystoke Forum Resident

I tried an internet search and didn't find a thing on who wrote the song.

5. Vinylsoul 1965

Vinylsoul 1965 Senior Member

I am sure there will be songs that we all like better. Even a lukewarm Weller is better than, well, most pop on the radio :) Looking forward to hearing the entire record :)

digdug67 likes this.
  6. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged Thread Starter

Another new track, posted in the ongoing Weller thread - thought it oughta get posted here, too!

7. theMess

theMess Forum Resident

Just in case anyone is interested, I thought that I should point out that the album cover and title reference the very huge and strange pattern on the Planet Saturn:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saturn's_hexagon

I always find that sort of thing fascinating, and Weller obviously does as well.

Natural E, Greg(ory) and mrjinks like this.
  8. digdug67

Thanks for posting! Again as above though, and reiterating that I'm a longtime fan of Weller - this track isn't doing much for me either. But keep doing what you do Paul, keep making music, I know I'll hear a PW song in the future that says "magic" like so many time before :righton:

leshafunk likes this.
  9. leshafunk

leshafunk Forum Resident

[​IMG]
    It looks better that it sounds (judging by the 2 already revealed tracks)...

warewolf95 and mrjinks like this.
  10. mrjinks

It looks pretty cool to me (and I actually like the two songs so far), but I think it's borderline CRIMINAL that fans ordering the uber-deluxe set don't even get the two bonus tracks that come with the Japanese edition...

mestreech and theMess like this.
  11. Greg(ory)

Greg(ory) Some Stupid With A Space Gun

boxset ordered, is the US tour solo acoustic?

12. mrjinks

I'm curious. Aren't you pissed that - for spending that kind of $$ - you'll get less music than someone ordering the Japanese import?

13. butch

butch Senior Member

14. mrjinks

Title track is on iTunes (US) today.

[​IMG]

Natural E likes this.
  15. mrjinks

And, in related news, here's a pic of an item omitted from the "deluxe set" above, which is integral to the album/single(s) artwork...
    [​IMG]

:winkgrin:

16. digdug67

Hah! Spirograph must have been a godsend for my parents - kept me busy for hours when I was kid!

17. warewolf95

warewolf95 Forum Resident

While I'm not personally much of a fan of his WUTN-SK-SP "psychedelic" sound, WUTN and SK were both really good (maybe great) albums that I enjoy now and again.

22 Dreams and his vastly underrated eponymous debut are my two favorite Weller albums BY FAR, but it's great and encouraging to see an artist of his seniority not wanting to stagnate and continuing to explore new ground in his music. All props to the modfather.

:)

heliocentric likes this.
  18. warewolf95

warewolf95 Forum Resident

Goddammit, looks like I won't ever get to see Weller until I move to my uncle in Massachusetts.....

19. LandHorses

LandHorses I contain multitudes

I just got an e-mail from CD Japan that the deluxe CD/DVD edition is only going to have the 2 Japan bonus tracks. Sure enough, it's on their tracklist too - http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/WPZR-30637

I guess he decided afterall to make people who want all 5 bonus tracks buy two different deluxe editions :rolleyes:

warewolf95 likes this.
  20. mrjinks

Oh that sucks...

What do people think of the title track, btw?

Natural E and HeavensAbove like this.
  21. leshafunk

leshafunk Forum Resident

I'd rather hope that the stores do not have the correct track listing until the release date.
    Can't believe there'll be no edition in Japan with all the bonus tracks.
    Ripping off Japanese fans should be a bad decision.

22. LandHorses

23. mrjinks

So you can just shell out for the regular nine-track album, but you'll miss the the tracks on the single and the box and the Japanese cd (six additional tracks, if you're counting).
    Or you can shell out for the regular album and the single and get ten tracks, but not get the five tracks on the box set and the Japanese cd.
    Or you can shell out for the Japanese cd, and get eleven tracks, but you won't get the tracks on the box set or the single.
    Or you can shell out the big $$$ (or £££) for the boxset, and get twelve tracks but you still won't get the tracks on the Japan cd or the single.
    Or you can shell out even more $$$ (or £££), get the boxset AND the single and get thirteen tracks, but you won't get the tracks on the Japanese cd.
    Or you can shell out even more $$$ (or £££), get the boxset AND the Japanese cd, and get fourteen tracks, but you won't get the track on the single.
    Or you can go whole hog, shell out even more $$$ (or £££), get the boxset, the Japanese cd, AND the single to get all fifteen tracks.

Then just watch as more singles are issued and you have to buy those to get additional tracks from the sessions.

Nice.

theMess likes this.
  24. LandHorses

I did your option 3 - Japan CD only - that's as far as I'm going.

warewolf95 likes this.
  25. HeavensAbove

HeavensAbove Forum Resident

Not too keen on the 2 other previews, but the title track is pretty great. More of a soul/funk sound on this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.