The Q Up and Rega RP6

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by timztunz, Mar 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. timztunz

timztunz Audioista Thread Starter

Is anyone using the Q Up on a Rega RP6? If so, are there any issues to be aware of? What are your thoughts about affixing it to the plinth with double stick tape?

2. adamdube

adamdube Forum Resident

Hey Tim, I sent you a few pics of mine that might help you out via email.....the bottom of the it is about 1.5" x .5" - when it's adjusted (and it comes with multiple bases) the center portion of the device will sit above that bracket between your arm and platter. How big is that hole?

3. timztunz

Thanks I'll take a look at them and let you know.

4. timztunz

For real? No one has put one of these on a RP6? How about a different Rega table?

5. james

james Summon The Queen

I've been using a P3-2000 for the last 10 years. Not sure what this device would do for me? When a record ends, it spins in the runout groove until I walk over and change the record.

octaneTom likes this.
  6. timztunz

Until one day when, God forbid, it jumps that run out groove up onto to the paper label and trashes a cartridge. I'm sure you're pretty quick on your feet and it doesn't just sit and spin there for a long time, as I try to be as well. But for the odd time that I might get distracted or forget about it, this is a $60 insurance policy. I'm just trying to find out if anyone has fitted one to a RP6.

7. james

james Summon The Queen

that would be a drag! actually didn't realize that happens. at least it hasn't happened to me in 10 years.

8. timztunz

LOL, me either. But there's a discussion going on about it in the Hardware Forum and that's where I learned about this gizmo. I figure now that I've been confronted with it if I ignore it something bad is going to happen!

9. raferx

raferx Forum Resident

Looks pretty interesting actually... but I have to admit, that I've never had a cart jump the runout onto the label – that I didn't precipitate.

black sheriff likes this.
  10. Paul K

Paul K Senior Member

I have it on my RP6. Fits in the hole...works with the base (the tonearm is mounted higher than the ones on the old Planar 3) and it works great!
    Don't hesitate. It rocks on the RP6!

timztunz likes this.
  11. Waynefi

Waynefi Confused over the confusion ?

Had one on my VPI Classic 1 and Classic 2, worked great.

12. timztunz

Now we're talkin'! Thx!

Paul K likes this.
  13. feinstei9415

feinstei9415 Forum Resident

I put one on my Marantz TT-15 and migrated it to my McIntosh MT-5 when I changed over to that. It is very flexible in terms of height adjustment and angles. I think that it's pretty universal and worked perfectly on both tables.

14. Archimago

Archimago Forum Resident

This Q-Up device looks good. Anyone know of something like it for the Technics SL-1200 line of tables?

15. AaronW

AaronW Senior Member

Can you post a picture of how you have it mounted? My friend tried to use a Q-Up on his RP6 and the brace got in the way, making the body of the unit too tall to clear the tonearm.

16. Paul K

Paul K Senior Member

Will do tomorrow.

AaronW and timztunz like this.
  17. Paul K

Paul K Senior Member

Ok I have the pic but it's on my computer and this isn't easy to navigate to post a pic here.

18. AaronW

AaronW Senior Member

19. Paul K

Paul K Senior Member

[​IMG]

AaronW and timztunz like this.
  20. Tridachnid

Tridachnid Forum Resident

I have my Qup attached to the RP6 on the same spot. Just set center the base in the circle and the upper part of the Qup slides further or closer to the tonearm. Installation was based on Paul K. recommendation. Cheers.

Paul K and timztunz like this.
  21. timztunz

Did you ever get a resolution to this problem? I brought a Q-up back to Brazil this trip to put on my RP6 and only got around to trying it this past weekend. I'm using a GT Reference Subplatter with a GT Delrin platter and the stock Q-up (without using any of the "lifter" blocks) is too tall to go under my tonearm? Since other people here have clearly stated that they are using the Q-up on a RP6 I'm wondering what kind of bonehead move I've made so that it doesn't work for me?

Long Live Analog likes this.
  22. AaronW

AaronW Senior Member

No idea, my friend returned the Q-Up as there was no way it would work on his table. I wonder if there are two different size Q-Ups?

23. Art K

Art K Retired but not tired!

It hasn't happened to me ever.

24. Whoopycat

Whoopycat Forum Resident

I use a q-up on my p3-24. It installs easily with double sided tape and works great. Don't use any of the included bases.

25. Harvest Your Thoughts

Harvest Your Thoughts Forum Resident

I might pay $5 max for that thing. Looks like it makes the tonearm bounce.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.