Trailer Park Boys

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Spaceboy, Dec 30, 2008.

1. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

Great news. I just wrapped up Season 8, which started out a bit rough but improved greatly by the end.

2. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

Just finished 8.5 on Swearnet

3. marblesmike

marblesmike Forum Resident

How is it? I saw the first one they put on Youtube and thought it was just okay. Is it worth paying for Swearnet?

4. DreadPikathulhu

With shows like Kitty of the Week and Drunk as **** with Pat Roach (Randy), how could it not be?

It is interesting seeing the TPB guys out of character.

Scope J likes this.
  5. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

Yes ! only $4.20 a month

6. DreadPikathulhu

I had no idea that Bubbles had normal eyes.

[​IMG]

Randy in a shirt and tie? Say it isn't so!

[​IMG]

7. DreadPikathulhu

Season 8 definitely wasn't "decent". I guess that since they're on Netflix now they can really push the boundaries - the stuff with Randy and Mr. Lahey running around in their underwear was pretty over-the-top, especially once Lahey's pills took effect. Don't think I've ever seen that on TV before.

A HUGE improvement over Season 7. The return of of Cory helped quite a bit (give that guy a raise!). Loved the Shed 'n' Breakfast and Orangey. Hiding the pot in the walls was a little too much a rehash of the season where it was embedded in the driveway, but it worked for me.

I've found that it really takes a few episodes for each season to get going, especially since the show is serialized and everything usually pays off in the last episode.

I'm going to have to sign up for Netflix again and see the next season.

8. ellingtonic

ellingtonic Forum Resident

I haven't seen it yet, but season 9 is on Netflix now.

9. marblesmike

I watched the first few new episodes and don't think it's that great...but I think they're setting up for a good ending to the season's overall arc. We'll see.

10. DreadPikathulhu

Season 9 is definitely over the top. It felt a bit weird with so much set outside of the park. Not quite as good as 8, but better than 7 and maybe 6.

11. Grunge Master

Grunge Master 8 Bit Enthusiast

I just watched the first episode. I didn't think it was too hot. Which begs another question; can a show like TPB really jump the shark? I mean, it's always been a 'bad' show in a sense; can it get to a point where you go 'You know, I can't believe that they've stooped to this level'?

12. marblesmike

Dude just keep going with it. It starts off lame and then it all goes to ****...in a funny way. I really liked the season. I thought it was weak for the first few episodes but by about halfway through you see what they were setting it all up for.

13. George P

George P Notable Member

I am still tring to get through 8.5. Boy, is it slow. Feels like extended extras, not a season at all.

14. marblesmike

Yeah I watched a little of 8.5 and didn't really like it. However, on Youtube there are some of the "On the Set" little documentaries with the boys in (and out of character) and there were a few that were really funny.

15. DreadPikathulhu

I think all of their recent seasons start out slow and pick up 2-3 episodes in. The first episode is always there to set up the season arc and to get the characters into place.

J-Roc is the breakout star of season 9. I believe the actor also had a hand in writing and directing several of his episodes. The banter between J-Roc and his son is hilarious.

marblesmike likes this.
  16. DreadPikathulhu

One thing I did notice is that production values are up and the show looks great. They also seem to be dropping the idea that there is a camera crew following the guys around. I'm surprised that none of the major review sites include the show in their recaps and commentary.

The "boys" have a fan-base that extends way beyond Canada these days.

17. Grunge Master

They're always going around doing comedy shows all year. In fact, I think that they did have one on Netflix where they went to Ireland.

marblesmike likes this.
  18. Grunge Master

I'm glad, because I really do love the show.

marblesmike likes this.
  19. mcenters

mcenters Forum Resident

Great show, and amazing characters! I love it.

It is crazy knowing that the actor that plays Jim Lahey acts stone sober. He plays the best drunk in anything and I can't believe he doesn't hit the sauce when they roll the cameras. It is so convincing that he is **** faced.

Need to get caught up with Season 9. Can't wait to see how they end up back in jail and what the "score" will be this season.

Mechanical Man likes this.
  20. DreadPikathulhu

Is it just me, or is Randy extra-sweaty this season?
    There is a scene with Lahey wearing nothing but a toilet paper tube later in the season, after he goes back on the sauce. It's hard to believe that John Dunsworth is best known for CBC radio dramas.

mcenters likes this.
  21. mcenters

mcenters Forum Resident

Randy seems to be gaining 10 pounds a season. That is a lot of gut and cheeseburgers....how could he not be extra sweaty? :biglaugh:

22. DreadPikathulhu

They haven't referred to his cheeseburger addiction in quite a while, so maybe he's into the chicken fingers, corn dogs, and pepperoni now, as those seem to be the provincial foods of Nova Scotia?

I thought the grossest thing I've seen on the show was the last episode of season 8, where he presses his belly against the car window and it leaves a great big smear of "sweat" behind.

marblesmike likes this.
  23. mcenters

mcenters Forum Resident

Well....if it is chicken fingers and pepperoni, I sure hope it is "store bought" and that he has a side of jalapeno (how Ricky pronounces it) chips.

My favorite Randy line: "A man has to eat, Lahey."

Complier likes this.
  24. George P

George P Notable Member

They do in Season 8.5

25. DreadPikathulhu

I need to check out 8.5, as there is quite a bit of talk about that on other message boards. Apparently it also explains what happened to Don.