Upcoming vinyl release of Willie Nelson's Daniel Lanois-produced 1998 album, "Teatro", (02/2015)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by pghmusiclover, Sep 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pghmusiclover

pghmusiclover Senior Member Thread Starter

Cracklebarrel likes this.
  2. I love love love this album

Clonesteak, Cracklebarrel and clhboa like this.
  3. clgoss77

clgoss77 Forum Resident

I love this album too. Willie and Emmylou Harris' voices blend so nicely and I love the sparse accompaniment. I'm curious, though, how this will be mastered. The original CD sounds quite nice to me.

Mazzy likes this.
  4. noyoucmon

noyoucmon Forum Resident

Modern Classics is an imprint of Light in the Attic. They've done Morphine, Built to Spill, Mercury Rev, to name a few.

pghmusiclover likes this.
  5. uphoria6

uphoria6 Senior Member

I like Teatro but I'd rather have a vinyl release of either Spirit or Night and Day

MRamble likes this.
  6. pghmusiclover

Thanks for that info! I see they also did the D'Angelo "Voodoo" reissue, and they did a nice job with that one.

noyoucmon likes this.
  7. pghmusiclover

Hopefully if this is successful, they'll do more that never had vinyl releases from his Island/Lost Highway tenure.

8. RelayerNJ

RelayerNJ Forum Resident

The Amazon write up states 2 Gold LP set. I didn't think the record was so long. Noyou mentioned it has an association with Light in the Attic. Anyone hear any of their releases (sound quality, sources)? Thanks!

9. pghmusiclover

If it helps any, you can read some posts about the sound quality of D'Angelo "Voodoo" reissue that they did.

http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/dangelo-voodoo-vinyl-reissue-due-dec-2012.299941/

RelayerNJ likes this.
  10. noyoucmon

noyoucmon Forum Resident

They've always sounded A-OK to me, and I'm picky. Don't have any info on sources.

RelayerNJ likes this.
  11. Larry Loves LPs

Larry Loves LPs Forum Resident

Does anyone know what happened with this?

12. clhboa

clhboa Forum Resident

"Night + Day" is such a great album. It kind of flew under the radar. Both it and "Teatro" have gotten a LOT of play at my house.

MRamble and uphoria6 like this.
  13. joshbg2k

joshbg2k Forum Resident

WTF? I preordered this last September. I was so excited about it. Now it's gone!

14. pghmusiclover

15. freetolive

freetolive Member

Can''t wait to buy this album. "The Maker" is my favorite. The lead guitar is great.

Cracklebarrel likes this.
  16. Larry Loves LPs

It's up on light in the attic's website. It comes out on record store day!!!

freetolive likes this.
  17. Dennis Metz

Dennis Metz Born In A Motor City south of Detroit

Great album and a fantastic sounding CD.

freetolive likes this.
  18. Guy E

Guy E Senior Member

I love Willie Nelson and I love the fact that he's open to taking chances and and trying different things. But Teatro is one of my least favorite Willie Nelson albums. It felt like a big disappointment after Spirit and while I've enjoyed Lanois' signature style through most of his career, the percussion-focused production on Teatro didn't really "connect" to my ears.

Just one fan's opinion.

freetolive likes this.
  19. buzzlulu

buzzlulu Forum Resident

Legendary album with Daniel Lanois footprint all over it. The same kind of genius result was achieved when he produced Emmylou's solo album..

Will this be a simple digital to vinyl transfer or will there be something more brought to the table? Remastering? Was it originally recorded analogue?

20. NaturalD

NaturalD The King of Pop

Having heard this album for the first time today, I feel pretty much the same way. Spirit is much better. Maybe the Lanois name and this being his first production after Time Out of Mind (I assume) gives Teatro some cachet, but I was really let down.

21. Arkay_East

Arkay_East Forum Resident

Teatro is my favorite Willie album. It came along at the right time for me. I am a fan of Lanois Dylan and Emmylou Harris albums also

freetolive likes this.
  22. freetolive

freetolive Member

Anybody grab this one on Record Store Day? Mine has some serious pops and crackles at the beginning during the instrumental. I was pissed. Especially after paying $35 bucks for this. As for the soundstage of the album, to my ears it's perfect. I'm very pleased at the results. But the pops and crackles are a killer. I've emailed Light in the Attic. I like what they did with the Grateful Dead's One From the Vault. It sounds so good. I can't find words that explain how good it sounds. Phil Lesh sounds great in the mix. He has his own place on the album, like the album sounds 3D. Great separation. Hope others have a better experience with Teatro.

23. Larry Loves LPs

I didn't find one but got one on eBay without too much of a markup. I can't wait. I'll report back on sound quality.

freetolive likes this.
  24. freetolive

freetolive Member

My buddy said his had a few pops at the beginning of side one, a few ticks here and there but nothing to bad. I cleaned mine again, it's not as bad but still a few at the beginning of side one.

25. Larry Loves LPs

Usually Light in the Attic does such a fantastic job.

freetolive likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.