Roger Waters Amused to Death Coming to LP and SACD

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by LeeS, Jan 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Demolition Man

Demolition Man Forum Resident

What I wonder is if the stereo version on these reissues (including vinyl) will now have HAL-9000 at the beginning of "Perfect Sense (Part 1)" or will we still have backwards ranting Roger?

2. Say It Right

Say It Right Not for the Hearing Impaired

It's been played a few times over the last 20 years over here, maybe a last a year or so ago.

3. krlpuretone

krlpuretone Forum Resident

Yep, pretty much peak CD era, and the vinyl wasn't cheap - I remember some Floyd fans balking at the $28.99 we had it marked :)

4. Luckless Pedestrian

Luckless Pedestrian Forum Resident

It was reported to be restored, in the 5.1 demo at least.

Roger Waters Amused to Death Coming to LP and SACD

5. rontoon

rontoon Animaniac

peterzac likes this.
  6. Another thread is claiming it's coming out in June. It is very possible a potential Blu-ray is gumming up the schedule.

7. rontoon

rontoon Animaniac

Right, because it takes 2 years to produce a Blu-ray. :p

8. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

I am to the point where I no longer care, the Gold Mastersound is fantastic and will suffice for this "stereo only" guy. I hope it still surfaces for those who want it for the multi-channel.

Bill Mac likes this.
  9. Anonamemouse

Anonamemouse my other pink shirt is black too

I emailed Analogue Productions and got this reply:

Hello,

At this time, the Roger Waters/ Amused to Death has NOT been cancelled. We are currently editing and updating the product information and more information and a possible release date will be following in the coming weeks.

Thank you and have a wonderful day!
    Carly Tinkler

John, Starwanderer, snkcube and 4 others like this.
  10. Bill Mac

Bill Mac Forum Resident

I'm glad you had a good laugh ;). But according to Anonamemouse's post with direct communication from Analogue Productions the SACD is in fact NOT cancelled. So it appears that AP and those awaiting the release of the SACD might have the last laugh :D.

Bill

11. rontoon

rontoon Animaniac

Well the no show availability status is still pretty funny. And if the correspondence from AP is indeed true, and I have no reason to doubt it, they sure have a messed up way of promoting this title. Why display that the product is no longer available? Why not simply delayed? Someone in marketing should be bitch slapped.

12. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

Once again, Say It Wrong.

Ulli likes this.
  13. PH416156

PH416156 Alea Iacta Est

My Amazon.com order is still "alive"

Not yet shipped
    Delivery estimate: We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. We'll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated delivery date

Format: Hybrid SACD, Import
    Label: Analogue Prod.

:shrug:

14. Say It Right

You're on this board all the time. How could you ever have time for any listening sessions?

15. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

I wrote to Acoustic Sounds also just to put another bug in their ear. I want my damned vinyl! This is literally the last title on my "must-have" list.

PH416156 likes this.
  16. SergioRZ

SergioRZ Well-Known Member

The vinyl is already confirmed, it's being released in Europe by Sony/Columbia in May 2015.

hi_watt, Vinyl Addict and PH416156 like this.
  17. smoke

smoke Forum Resident

I bought it when it came out and probably haven't listened to it in 20 years. Naturally I won't be buying the reissue. If he put out something new I'd be interested, it would surely be better than this was. No offense to people who love it, different strokes for different folks.

hi_watt likes this.
  18. PH416156

PH416156 Alea Iacta Est

I wrote to Acoustic Sounds, asking specifically about the SACD. Their reply was:

Yes this will be released. We did take the information off of the website but will be putting new information back on very soon. We do appreciate your patience.

Thank you!

jkoponen likes this.
  19. jkoponen

jkoponen Active Member

I'm so buying this sacd. I've had the cd for over 10 years now and i really like the way it sounds. That Qsound system is pretty good in places. I mean to have that Jeff Beck guitar intro in 5.1 hirez... aaaahhccchhhh. :drool:
    Going to be great!

LEONPROFF and PH416156 like this.
  20. Say It Right

My post wasn't to denigrate the music. It's OK, and if somebody called it Roger's best solo album, that'd be fine by me. The music is decent enough, with excellent support musicians, and certainly interesting lyrics. With Roger (or Floyd), you already know that the recording would always be to a high standard. Maybe the hi rez can extract a little bit more out of the reels, and it surround certainly wouldn't harm the overall experience. It's just a question of how much this release would really see play and how much better it could actually sound. Could clearly see the demand for Floyd - WYWH on SACD in 5.1. Would be quite curious to find out how this one does sales-wise, a while after it comes out.

rontoon and hi_watt like this.
  21. Anonamemouse

Anonamemouse my other pink shirt is black too

Harry42 likes this.
  22. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

My order has been like that since I placed the order in 2013.

23. Sigma6

Sigma6 Forum Resident

24. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

Ah, now I understand the delays. Needed a modern tv in the artwork.

:magoo:

coffeetime, snkcube, hi_watt and 3 others like this.
  25. PH416156

PH416156 Alea Iacta Est

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.