Any issues with Q-UP automatic tonearm lifter?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by ghost rider, Mar 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ghost rider

ghost rider Forum Resident Thread Starter

I just ordered one for many reasons but mostly because my equipment including my TT are in another room and often I am a few seconds even several minutes till I get back to change it. I have a VPI Scout so I think it will work fine. My concern after watching a video is, does it lift strait up never ever jerking toward the center of the record?

2. Hershiser

Hershiser Forum Resident

I use one on a Scout. No problems. You can adjust the lift so it is more graceful than some of the videos seen online. Mine has no bounce at all to the tonearm when lifting.

ghost rider likes this.
  3. ghost rider

Thanks it should work great. I think it could be a big problem if you forget to reset it.

4. Hershiser

Hershiser Forum Resident

Resetting it will easily become part of your routine.

5. Dual

Dual Forum Resident

Someone should run the numbers on how many hours of stylus wear it takes to make this device cost-effective. I bet it's quite a few.

6. ghost rider

Depends on the stylus. I read a post this past week he fell asleep and woke with the tonearm in the center of the record minus a stylus.

BilboAlaska likes this.
  7. dnuggett

dnuggett Forum Resident

I haven't had an issue with my Thorens.

8. ShallowMemory

ShallowMemory Classical Princess

Having a lift can be convenient and as it doesn't compromise arm movement, I see no reason if that helps you to fitting one.

9. ghost rider

Got it today works great pretty easy to set up too. I slowed it down, no need for speed. Also I see it would be impossible to start a new side without resetting it.

Hershiser likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.