Van Halen, plans for the future or this is it?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by EddieVanHalen, Jan 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. artfromtex

artfromtex Honky Tonkin' Metal-Head

Cool.

They already had this guy do the remasters once and they were bright and loud. Hopefully, this time, they're going to go for quality. Fingers crossed!!

2. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

the good ole days

3. jeffrey walsh

jeffrey walsh Senior Member

4. BKphoto

BKphoto JazzAllDay

Plant has his own level...

i was talking about mortals...

5. Zep Fan

Zep Fan Sounds Better with Headphones on

Or, "Ice Cream Man"

6. jhm

jhm Forum Resident

A sample of "Pretty Woman" from the upcoming Tokyo Dome release has been made available:

MikaelaArsenault and artfromtex like this.
  7. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

Good grief this is legacy destroying garbage, horrid.

8. TeddyB

TeddyB Senior Member

To paraphrase Pigpen (the animated character - not the musician): on the contrary, I didn't think it would sound this good. :targettiphat:

Fullbug likes this.
  9. pablorkcz

pablorkcz ⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

Legacy destroying? Really? :rolleyes: You must have no confidence in strength of their body of work.

bru87tr likes this.
  10. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

Ok the language is a little strong but seriously the Van Halen camp/label actually think this is worthy of release? it's a dent in the armour that's for sure.

bru87tr likes this.
  11. walrus

walrus Staring into nothing

Not enough people will hear it for it to destroy any legacies. But I can't imagine it's going to make anyone who already saw the 2007 or 2012 tours pay $150 to see basically the same show again, which I assume was the initial intent of the release. Oops.

12. Zep Fan

Zep Fan Sounds Better with Headphones on

I just realized that I don't need a VH Tour DVD....

I just need a video of Eddie jamming out to the VH tunes at 5150 !!!

Go to the Vimeo site for the HD version.

MikaelaArsenault and WhoTapes1 like this.
  13. WhoTapes1

WhoTapes1 Forum Resident

Awesome! Thanks for posting!

14. Smiths22

Smiths22 Well-Known Member

I have a DVD full of Van Halen rarities... those guys have the material they just prefer to release the same thing (traditional albums) over and over again.

Fullbug likes this.
  15. Smiths22

I found right now inside my rarities a clean vinyl rip of the first edition 1984 LP, listening to it.... sounds pretty much like the 2000 remasters even though they are 24 bit flac files.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2015
  16. MikeVielhaber

MikeVielhaber Forum Resident

Aside from the demos from before the first album, which they mined for ADKOT, I don't think they have too many leftover songs. I remember one from 5150 called "I Want Some Action" whose riff ended up being used on "Dirty Water Dog" on VH3 (and also Eddies jam with the SNL band) and then "That's Why I Love You" from VH3. "Crossing Over" was a bside/Japanese exclusive from Balance. They didn't really do the bside thing usually. There are a couple more that Sammy has mentioned before, but I don't believe have ever leaked to the public. Not really rarities as much as entirely unreleased songs. Same with anything come up during the previously aborted reunions with DLR. I don't really know of any other rarities though, but I won't claim that I know of everything so there could be some, but I doubt there's a lot.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2015
  17. DreamIsOver

DreamIsOver Senior Member

They definitely recorded a cover of In The Midnight Hour during the 1984 sessions that I'd love to hear.

18. Smiths22

You mean the warner brothers demos?

Never listened to I want some action gonna youtube it.....it sounds like good enough.

Don't forget respect the wind, maybe not 100% Van halen but the bros are there.
    I have that's why i love you and crossing over.

Also there is a bootleg named: Van Halen The unreleased, 4 discs full of rarities apparently, live rare stuff but still worth it to release: Voodoo Queen, the ocean, etc.

These 2015 remasters could have been better.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2015
  19. steveharris

steveharris Senior Member

Original Big Trouble(Michael Anthony included!)Light In The Sky,Let`s get Rockin,We Die Young,Young & Wild,Voodoo Queen,House Of Pain,Get The Show On The Road,Last Night,Act Like It Hurts from Women And Todlers first,Bullit,Head,Down In Flames,& Uraguay 1983 Live-PUT this stuff on cd without compressing the dynamics out!

20. steveharris

steveharris Senior Member

I read an interview classic rock.com or someplace,saying the complete multitrack audio in fact does exist for those Fair Warning concerts.Also Japan 1978 was recorded for a TV show wich never aired.
    I`m not really into the visual aspect personally.
    What would be infinitely larger than anything else in the universe is the possibility of hearing that audio along with unreleased studio outtakes and demos in whatever quality or tape generation exists.:faint:

21. bru87tr

bru87tr 80’s rule

I just wish VH would release some old video concerts. That stuff is drool worthy!

22. Ryan Lux

Ryan Lux Senior Member

Geez Eddie, chasing tone? Cmon make some new music

23. artfromtex

artfromtex Honky Tonkin' Metal-Head

That was a promo video for his new amp head.

24. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

yeah, Jamie's cryin!

25. Ryan Lux

Ryan Lux Senior Member

I realize that, just commenting on the fact that he seems to spend way more time fine tuning gear than making music.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.