Oppo 105 and Amazon movies?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Diver110, Mar 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Diver110

Diver110 Forum Resident Thread Starter

I tend to rent movies from Amazon. I have the Oppo 105. Is there anyway I can get Amazon with it?

2. thebeatles67

thebeatles67 Forum Resident In Memoriam

Do what I did...buy an Amazon Fire device for $99--then you're all set.

3. skriefal

skriefal Senior Member

The Roku Streaming Stick or the Fire TV Stick will do it. I believe the Fire TV Stick is the cheaper of the two.

4. jlc76

jlc76 Forum Resident

I use the Roku but it would nice if the Oppo had more apps other than Hulu, Netflix, Pandora, etc. I wish it had Spotify and Amazon.

5. Diver110

Thanks. I was hoping the Amazon Fire Stick would work. Hard to tell from the Amazon site. Does it plug into the Oppo USB port?

6. jeffsab

jeffsab Forum Resident

Plugs into the HDMI port. Also requires a power cord plugged into the wall.

7. skriefal

skriefal Senior Member

I personally prefer the separate Fire TV box. Faster, built-in voice search on the remote, and a wired network port. Also better games compatibility if that matters to you. The wired network port is the piece that is most important to me. I don't trust wi-fi for HD video streaming.

8. HiFi Guy 008

HiFi Guy 008 Forum Resident

I had Amazon for a while connected to my tv via ethernet. I later got Netflix on the Oppo 105.
    I can tell you that despite the horrible interface that Amazon had with the Samsung tv that would freeze up when searching or browsing titles, the picture quality and sound were far above Netflix. Amazon would specify which movies were 1080p. Netflix does not.

9. Brother_Rael

Brother_Rael Senior Member

It's fine. Get some homeplugs, of the type made by Devolo and others, plug one into your router and on to your wall socket, the other into whatever digital device with Ethernet that you have (in my case my TV and my PS3) and get going. My Apple TV3 is wireless however and performs flawlessly.

10. skriefal

skriefal Senior Member

Homeplugs may be satisfactory for many people. But the last thing that I want to do is to add even more noise on my power lines.

11. Diver110

FWIW, I had my Quicksilver dealer add some transformers to my 88's, which goes a long way to cleaning up power issues.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.