Do You Have "The True Oldies Channel" Radio in your area?*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by mr_mjb1960, Sep 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. billdcat

billdcat Well-Known Member

I think this is what a local AM (WMOG_1490) is running.

But they aren't too sure about the format as that they are only
    broadcasting one side of the stereo channels. Half the back-up
    is missing on a lot of songs. They don't care.

Radio is a waste of radiation these days.

2. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

This is enough to make me not bother with it.

3. Evan L

Evan L Beatologist

Oldies radio is pretty much a dead format, sad to say.

Evan

4. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

5. LandHorses

LandHorses I contain multitudes

There's only one somewhat in my area......WMTR 1250. It's now mostly automated and the reception isn't great, so I don't listen much. When I listen to oldies, it's usually Sirius/XM's 60's on 6.

6. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

The fact that they play songs from the 80's makes me feel really, really old.

Still a great station, though. :righton:

7. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

What's keeping it alive?

8. Tony Sclafani

Tony Sclafani Forum Resident

I listen to oldies on Internet radio stations, which is sort of still like the Wild West. The "signals" come over in all sorts of varying qualities and the DJ are eccentric non-pros for the most part. But...you get to hear things you'd never hear on commercial radio since the DJs are in control.

I wired my computer into my stereo and made an M3U playlist of these stations for Winamp that also includes news stations, so this has become my de facto radio. Some of my favorite oldies stations include Top Shelf Oldies, Tunedex Memories, Radio Bop, Atlantic Oldies 2NG, 24-7 Dreamboats and Petticoats, Lee Swazzo's Oldies, and Offshore Music Radio.

There are also a bunch of psychedelic online stations including the Technicolor Web of Sound, Psychedelic Jukebox, Psychedelicized Radio, and Beyond the Beat Generation.

I have about 100 stations in the playlist and feel absolutely no need to go to commercial radio unless there's a snowstorm or something and I need more in-depth weather coverage. If anyone wants the M3U file with all these stations, email me through my Web site.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.