Ebreggae.com CD Blowout Sale

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by patient_ot, Mar 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. patient_ot

patient_ot Senior Member Thread Starter

Ernie B's Reggae is clearing out a ton of CDs for $~5 or less. I found this by click on the "Reggae Essentials" tab, then clicking "CDs", then sorting from lowest to highest prices. I picked up some things including a bunch of now OOP Blood and Fire releases. If you don't know Blood and Fire, they were considered one of the most respected reggae reissue labels out of the UK until they shut down a few years ago.

Here are some examples of what is on sale:

$2.99 Jah Stitch - Original Ragga Muffin 1975-1977
    $3.99 Willie Williams - Messenger Man
    $2.99 Ranking Joe - Zion High: With Black Uhuru & Dennis Brown
    $2.99 Prince Jammy, King Tubby, Sylford Walker, Etc - Run It Red: 10 Years Of Blood & Fire Classics
    $4.99 Mikey Dread - African Anthem Dubwise (With 5 Bonus Tracks)
    $4.99 Mikey Dread - Rockers Vibration (Includes Rod Taylor 'HIM')
    $1.99 Lee Perry - Born In The Sky: Upsetter At The Controls
    $3.99 Meditations - I Love Jah
    $4.99 Morwell Unlimited, King Tubby - Morwell Unlimited Meets King Tubby's: Dub Me
    $3.99 Prince Jammy, Upsetters - DC Dub Connection
    $5.99 Prince Alla, Jr. Ross & The Spears - I Can Hear The Children Singing (2 CD)

2. black sheriff

black sheriff Magic City

Thanks for the heads up. Very good prices on the Blood & Fire CDs. A good time to pick them up if you don't already have those titles.

3. patient_ot

That's what I was thinking. Also a good time to take a chance on stuff you might be on the fence about. For anyone looking to go deeper into reggae beyond some of the obvious stuff, this is a good opportunity.

There are also a bunch of Greensleeves label reissue LPs on sale as well. Even the ones not on sale are at very good prices.

Shipping can add up fast if you place a big order, but in my experience they pack stuff very, very well. If you want to save a few bucks, go with the Media Mail option.

4. macdaddysinfo

macdaddysinfo Forum Resident

Thx for the heads up...

patient_ot likes this.
  5. masterbucket

masterbucket Senior Member

Any Dave Ansel Collins or Desmond Dekker?

6. vinyltimm

vinyltimm Forum Resident

Thanks for this link--that's a great sale. I picked up a bunch of stuff.

patient_ot and macdaddysinfo like this.
  7. patient_ot

You'll have to do a search there. I'm sure they have some but it might not be on sale. If you are doing a big order, it may be worth it to tack on some non-sale items. Even on the non-sale stuff, their prices are quite competitive.

8. macdaddysinfo

My six cd's arrived, nicely packaged and in a timely manner. I am enjoying the music immensely. Thanks again for the heads up...

patient_ot likes this.
  9. patient_ot

I received my order as well, but haven't had time to listen to anything yet. Currently digesting the recent Yabby You 3xCD box.

10. macdaddysinfo

I bought the blood fire comp (had no idea the simply red guy was into reggae; still no interest in his band, and am quite wary of him fronting the faces, but I digress)-good stuff. Really like the mad professor rad collection (I have one of the lps) and the jah stitch. My favorite thus far is the morewells/tubby dub. Haven't listened to the prince alla/spears split twofer or the one riddim fisherman twofer...

patient_ot likes this.
  11. patient_ot

I'm not totally surprised that Mick Hucknall would be into reggae. I don't know much about him or his band, but reggae was big in Europe and the UK during the 70s from what I have read and all the documentaries I have seen. If you listen to a lot of late 70s/early 80s music from the UK and thereabouts, you can hear reggae/dub influences all over the place if you listen closely.

12. patient_ot

So far I've listened to the Mediatations disc. It's good, I like that one better than the other CD I have by them. If you like Wackies-spaced out production style, you'll probably dig it. Many of the Wackies CDs have gone OOP and prices have shot up, so probably something worth getting if you're at all interested.

13. RPhelps

RPhelps Forum Resident

OK - I'm in for some also although I am not very familiar with these artists....

CD $2.99 1 Jah Stitch - Original Ragga Muffin 1975-1977 Blood & Fire
    CD $4.99 1 Morwell Unlimited, King Tubby - Morwell Unlimited Meets King Tubby's: Dub Me Blood & Fire
    CD $5.99 1 Prince Alla, Jr. Ross & The Spears - I Can Hear The Children Singing (2 CD) Blood & Fire
    CD $2.99 1 Ranking Joe - Zion High: With Black Uhuru & Dennis Brown Blood & Fire
    CD $2.99 1 Prince Jammy, King Tubby, Sylford Walker, Etc - Run It Red: 10 Years Of Blood & Fire Classics Blood & Fire
    CD $3.99 1 Willie Williams - Messenger Man Blood & Fire
    CD $4.99 1 Congos, Prince Jazzbo, Horace Andy, Etc. - Fisherman Style (2 CD) Blood & Fire $4.99
    CD $1.99 1 Lee Perry - Born In The Sky: Upsetter At The Controls Motion
    CD $0.99 1 Toots & The Maytals - Light Your Light (Cutout) Fantasy
    CD $1.99 1 Jacob Miller, Linval Thompson, Barrington Levy, Barry Brown, Etc. - King Tubby Meets The Reggae Masters Jet Star
    CD $0.99 1 Tenor Saw, Supercat, Sister Nancy, Cutty Ranks, Etc. - Best Of The Best Volume 6 (Ring The Alarm, Cry Fi The Youths, Etc.) RAS/Techniques

patient_ot likes this.
  14. patient_ot

Didn't mention this in my original post, but I think EB still has copies of Lacksley Castell - Princess Lady for $3.99 or $4.99. I would highly recommend that album. There is an LP version, but I recommend the CD over the LP. I have the LP and it was warped right out of the shrink, pretty typical United Record Pressing quality. I bought my LP copy from a local store that wouldn't take a return, so I ended up getting the CD from EB.

15. patient_ot

So far, I've listened to these out of the ones I purchased:

$2.99 Jah Stitch - Original Ragga Muffin 1975-1977
    $3.99 Willie Williams - Messenger Man
    $4.99 Mikey Dread - African Anthem Dubwise (With 5 Bonus Tracks)
    $4.99 Mikey Dread - Rockers Vibration (Includes Rod Taylor 'HIM')
    $3.99 Meditations - I Love Jah
    $4.99 Morwell Unlimited, King Tubby - Morwell Unlimited Meets King Tubby's: Dub Me
    $3.99 Prince Jammy, Upsetters - DC Dub Connection

All good, no disappointments. The Willi Williams CD I haven't played all the way through yet, but it's sounding good so far.

Also, EB has a good price on the recent Yabby You boxset. Worth adding to your order if you don't have it already.

Dino likes this.
  16. black sheriff

black sheriff Magic City

The Yabby You comes out cheaper if you order from Ernie B through Amazon.

17. patient_ot

Yeah, I've noticed that sometimes there are some pricing and availability differences from the EB Amazon store vs. EB direct. I've ordered from both before. IME, orders from EB on Amazon take a little longer to arrive, provided the shipping method is the same. W/R/T the Yabby Boxset, I ended up ordering it from Amazon direct because I didn't want to wait...probably should've just added it to my last EB order.

18. redraiderak

redraiderak Forum Resident

thank you for the head's up! looking fwd to going thru these!

patient_ot likes this.
  19. redraiderak

so picked up the following based upon what everyone else here was ordering [i'm all about going along with the crowd :)] and what i enjoyed samples of from the site:

Jr. Reid - Lost Vinyl Classics Volume 1
    Jah Stitch - Original Ragga Muffin 1975-1977
    Willie Williams - Messenger Man
    Ranking Joe - Zion High: With Black Uhuru & Dennis Brown
    Prince Jammy, King Tubby, Sylford Walker, Etc - Run It Red: 10 Years Of Blood & Fire Classics
    Mikey Dread - African Anthem Dubwise (With 5 Bonus Tracks)
    Lee Perry - Born In The Sky: Upsetter At The Controls
    Meditations - I Love Jah
    Cornell Campbell - I Shall Not Remove
    Prince Jammy, Upsetters - DC Dub Connection
    Prince Alla, Jr. Ross & The Spears - I Can Hear The Children Singing (2 CD)

I'm not very familiar with any of these artists / comps but I've always wanted to explore classic reggae and dub. this seems like a good start :).

patient_ot likes this.
  20. patient_ot

If these don't hit you right away, I wouldn't write them off entirely. TBH, they aren't the types of albums I'd recommend if you are new to this stuff, they are deeper selections and less obvious stuff. If you enjoy them, but aren't fully blown away by them, I'd recommend getting some more obvious, accessible classics and going back to these later. You may appreciate them more then. Hard to know how you'll react to them until you sit down and listen to them though...

redraiderak likes this.
  21. jimod99

jimod99 Daddy or chips?

Is the Prince Allah on Blood and Fire? I have a complete run of B&F cd's and I'm sure mine is a single disc.

The Cornell Campbell and Willi Williams discs are fantastic

patient_ot likes this.
  22. patient_ot

Yeah, Prince Alla is on B&F. The copy I recently got from EB is definitely a 2CD. Maybe it was changed somewhere along the way.

23. jimod99

jimod99 Daddy or chips?

I think I got mixed up with the Prince Alah "only love can conquer" disc. Most of my discs are in store at the moment so its hard to keep track!!

patient_ot likes this.
  24. Gene Parmesan

Gene Parmesan Forum Resident

I received my first order from EBReggae yesterday. None of it was reggae. :) I found them through Amazon and placed an order because they have great prices on Bear Family sets and some other imports I wanted. All items were packaged well. Would use them again.

Mister Charlie and patient_ot like this.
  25. redraiderak

this may not be the thread for this, but if you have any recommendations on a few comps that are a good starting place, i'm always buying music.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.