Two favorite lps that you cannot listen to anymore?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by ronm, Mar 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ronm

ronm audiofreak Thread Starter

Sgt Pepper and Whos Next.Once among my favs but sadly I don't know if I'll ever put them on again.

2. JohnnyQuest

JohnnyQuest Forum Resident

At least for now...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. karmaman

karmaman Forum Resident

if i could no longer listen to something i'd have trouble calling it "a favorite". i have yet to suffer from the "overplayed" syndrome that so many here are afflicted with. if i ever skip a song it's because i don't like the song now and i didn't like it then.

Monosterio likes this.
  4. Thievius

Thievius Blue Oyster Cult-ist

Gave it some thought but I don't think such an album exists for me. Whether its a few weeks, few years, or a few decades I can always go back and listen to something I once loved.

You just need time away from them if you feel you've listened to them too much.

5. skateaway

skateaway Forum Resident

OK, so the obvious question is why? Just lost interest?

I have some fairly modern favourite albums that I don't listen to any more because as my setup got better, it revealed how horribly compressed the recordings were.

6. supersquonk

supersquonk Forum Resident

I was really into early 80s Marillion at one point (Script, Fugazi, Childhood's End) but hearing those now....just aren't my cup of tea anymore.

Most of the 90s I lost my taste for early Genesis. The albums sat idly. But then when Archive 1 came out in I think 98, I was sort of sparked back into them.

warewolf95 likes this.
  7. warewolf95

warewolf95 Forum Resident

8. ronm

ronm audiofreak Thread Starter

Don't know why just don't care to listen to them anymore.Nothing wrong with the sonics.

9. Thievius

Thievius Blue Oyster Cult-ist

You likely just got tired of them. But like I said I never force the issue. In fact I've had a few surreal moments where I've put an album on I haven't heard in a long time, and I cannot describe the feeling. That feeling of "Whoa, I haven't heard this song in probably 20 years!" Sometimes 30. Its kind of amazing.

Lost In The Flood and Dino like this.
  10. Eleventh Earl of Mar

Eleventh Earl of Mar Somehow got them all this far.

Certain albums I used to love during my early discover of music I no longer care for at all, but as for the music I generally listen to, Fragile - Yes comes to mind, as does Aqualung by Tull!

11. PlushFieldHarpy

PlushFieldHarpy Forum Resident

Patti Smith Horses and Leonard Cohen Songs Of Leonard Cohen.

12. Combination

Combination Forum Resident

I think it's more of a case of skipping over certain songs - like on Appetite For Destruction, it can be tough to hear Welcome To The Jungle, Paradise City & Sweet Child, for example.

13. David G.

David G. Forum Resident

I'm not going to mention specific albums, just to keep private things private, but there are albums that used to be very much favorites of mine that I simply can't listen to anymore due to the emotions that they stir up. There's one album in particular I listened to almost nonstop for weeks after the death of someone very close to me, and, even 20 years later, I still can't bring myself to listen to it again.

14. Purple Jim

Purple Jim Senior Member

Many of Bowie's albums for me. In the 70s/80s, I played the hell out of them. I can only go back to those leading up to Diamond Dogs now.

JohnnyQuest likes this.
  15. JohnnyQuest

JohnnyQuest Forum Resident

Ditto. I can't play a few because of bad memories,overplayed them for months and burned myself out.

16. veloso2

veloso2 Forum Resident

i hardly play the beatles now! i even remember the lenght of the silence between the tracks!

17. JerolW

JerolW Senior Member

Spectrum - Billy Cobham
    Carnival Of Life - Lee Michaels

jerol

18. Kristeva

Kristeva Forum Resident

Quite a lot of stuff I used to listen to never gets airtime now. When I was in my early teens I was mad on 'Japan' and I find it really difficult to listen to some of the albums now. I still listen to David Sylvian's solo work though.

When I started buying vinyl again about 4 years ago for a while I rebuilt my collection around what I used to own - 80's/early 90's indie - suddenly I realized I had no desire to listen to that stuff anymore so I stopped.

19. gregr

gregr Forum Resident

Lately I've been kind of averse to Bob Mould and the Throwing Muses...but then something from Workbook or The Real Ramona will shuffle along and...I mean...come on.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 30, 2015
  20. Eventually I always come back for a listen, so the answer for me is no.

21. carrolls

carrolls Forum Resident

My trick is I only allow myself one listen to a great album a month.
    I have so many albums to choose from now that this isn't a problem.
    It was a big issue when I was a teenager and could only afford an album a month. I permanently burnt out some great 80's albums because of this.

22. Maseman66

Maseman66 Forum Resident

Just about any heavy metal album in my collection. They all sound the same to me and I never play them. Matter of fact, I've been selling them.

23. mcenters

mcenters Forum Resident

Because radio....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

24. Dennis0675

Dennis0675 Hyperactive!

The entire Doors catalog. I played it out when i was young and i just don't find it interesting to listen to anymore.

Same with led Zeppelin. After hearing every album a couple hundred times, i have little interest in revisiting the catalog.

bluesky likes this.
  25. Rfreeman

Rfreeman Senior Member

Yesterday & Today. Because my turntable needs to be fixed and the version Frankensteined together from UK album remasters doesn't count. But it's my single favorite album.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.