Brian Wilson - No Pier Pressure - 17th April 2015

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by belardd, Sep 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SteveCooks

SteveCooks Senior Member

Seems like a release date for qobuz tomorrow. Will someone but if from them?

2. Jose Jones

Jose Jones Outstanding Forum Member

Yes. If.

3. Boris number 9

Boris number 9 Forum Resident

What does that mean.

4. Boris number 9

Actually BBC 2 in the UK has three of the new songs for preview now

The last song

I'm feeling sad

On an island

5. supermd

supermd Senior Member

He's saying that this album will be digitally released on Qobuz tomorrow and he is wondering if anyone is going to get it via that website.

Boris number 9 likes this.
  6. Captain Groovy

Captain Groovy Senior Member

Do you have a link? I can't find it... thanks!

Jeff

7. faboomer

faboomer Well-Known Member

8. jwb1231970

jwb1231970 Ordinary Guy

I don't mind anyone cowriting with Brian, but let him do all the music (not interested in someone else getting their paws 0n Brian's plate)

JohnnyQuest likes this.
  9. Boris number 9

Go to smiley smile message board
    For links

10. balzac

balzac Senior Member

Mere hours later, already topping some folks' list of all-time greatest "Brianisms", from his Twitter Q&A today:

[​IMG]

ajsmith, teebo911, kevywevy and 18 others like this.
  11. ssmith3046

ssmith3046 Forum Resident

You were right when you posted this six months ago. I've liked what I've heard so far and will buy it.

Craig Williams and oldsurferdude like this.
  12. Ok, here we go again. Yet another song from No Pier Pressure.

I quite like it. However, I still can't help but ponder how wonderful it would've sounded with just Brian and Al singing lead vocals? I know, I know. No use in thinking "What if...". Regardless: nice song, well-recorded, etc.

13. gottafeelin

gottafeelin Forum Resident

14. JohnnyQuest

JohnnyQuest Forum Resident

So relaxing.. :love: We love you Brian!!!!

15. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun

Another very nice song from the album. Personally I don t mind Brian uses different singers-from what I have heard so far this album might be a winner-but we ll see

16. Glenn Christense

Glenn Christense Foremost Beatles expert... on my block

Nobody does "childlike naïve" as well as Brian does, and I mean that as a compliment.

17. picassoson

picassoson Forum Resident

I actually wish it was Mike gently crooning theses sweet nothings in my ear... Anna Lee style... Kokomo style... Daybreak style... Bruce and Al on the chorus - why couldn't this just be a Beach Boys album? : )

Lonesurf, Yorick, I333I and 1 other person like this.
  18. oldsurferdude

oldsurferdude Forum Resident

Fortunately, the absence of the LuHvster is what makes NPP so good. Brian moving in a new direction with other singers on board is what makes it all so enticing. And having Al and Blondie is the icing on the cake. Sub-par, inferior ditties like Koko and Daybreak:hurlleft: should be relegated to the Mike and Bruce:yikes: configuration as that would be about their speed. We're talking about Brian Wilson here. Hopefully, we've seen the last of Brian being in the studio (or a room):help:, or on stage with Mike Love:crazy: ever again.

DRJOEL65 and Bemagnus like this.
  19. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun

The thing I enjoy so far is that it s NOT a Beach Boys album. My personal opinion is that Brian-for many-reasons -is better of not having to deal with Mike Love.
    I sort of like the female voices and breezy pop-music showcased on some of these songs. That also-imo-bears an unmistakable Brian Wilson signum

Humbuster and oldsurferdude like this.
  20. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

I'd take a Brian Wilson-led Beach Boys album over a Brian Wilson solo album any day.

I'm a Beach Boys fan, duh. I want to hear their voices, not Joe Schmo.

Being a Beach Boys fan means I love The Beach Boys. All of 'em. Even Mike, when he says crazy s***.

:tiphat:

Last edited: Apr 2, 2015
  21. MartinGr

MartinGr Senior Member

To my surprise, it came today already - although Amazon Germany lists April 3 as the release date here.
    I've just finished my first run-through... and I wonder I've this could be my favourite BW album.
    There are so many overwhelming moments, but it's too early to say.

I still love Lucky Old Sun a lot. And there is no "Midnight's Another Day" on it, I think.
    (Maybe even not a TWGMTR, but I'll see)
    So my first impression is very, very positive!

Martin

P.S.:
    From when is this gorgeous solo version of "In the Back of my Mind" in the bonus section? I almost can't believe it is Brian singing...

theMess, Mr. H, rstamberg and 3 others like this.
  22. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

I hope Target ships my CD in a timely manner! This bonus track is what I anticipate the most.

supermd likes this.
  23. Lost In The Flood

Lost In The Flood Feeding an invisible goat

pos from '75 if it's the same as the bonus on the Japan edition
    http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threa...e-17th-april-2015.384838/page-9#post-11856253

& http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threa...e-17th-april-2015.384838/page-9#post-11867094

Getting excited for next week & hoping the copy I preordered, actually does have all the extra tracks on it. eta: crossing my fingers.

and the On The Island lyrics/meets literal imagery with a twist video is cute / very sweet. Adore the little visual nods to Brian. (eta2: and some other guys:righton: on the "no pets" line). Am I the only person who now wants a red vinyl single complete with repros of the postcards & other mocked up graphics?

Last edited: Apr 2, 2015
  24. Boris number 9

Apparently the whole deep BB boy
    Fan base is digging the album while
    We sit hete awaiting news.

As to why this isn't a BBoys album I
    Think that was Mike Loves decision

25. Peachy

Peachy Forum Resident

Just finished my first listen, really really like it. I'm a big Brian fan, but have no problem not liking certain records of his. This one I like!

Bemagnus, theMess, MartinGr and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.