Target Canada - CDs 40% off

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by brimuchmuze, Feb 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brimuchmuze

brimuchmuze Forum Resident Thread Starter

Target Canada currently has CDs (and DVDs) for 40% off as part of their Canadian chain closing clearance.

YMMV on selection of course, but you may be able to find something of interest (I got some of the Led Zeppelin re-issues, Ziggy 40th).

They will of course get even cheaper as the clearance continues.

2. brimuchmuze

Now 60% off.

There was still some good CDs available at my local Target.

3. murphywmm

murphywmm Senior Member

I also managed to score two Threshold 6 cube organizer shelves for $60 each (original price $100). These are very similar to the Ikea Expedit, and they also have backing material, which the Expedit did not. These are great if anybody is looking for solid vinyl record storage.

4. Dennis Metz

Dennis Metz Born In A Motor City south of Detroit

All messed up here

5. The Beave

The Beave My Wife Is My Life! And don’t I forget it!

So these hold LP's then??
    the brave

6. murphywmm

murphywmm Senior Member

Yes they do. I've been using them for 2 years now and they are great for LP's. Just don't install the optional "decorative feet" that come with it, as that lifts the unit off the ground and will cause the middle to sag later on.

7. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

One of my Targets had piles of these: http://www.target.com/p/threshold-avington-4-cube-organizer/-/A-14331630

I didn't see any of the 6 cube ones but I assume they are the same just smaller with two less openings?

8. murphywmm

murphywmm Senior Member

Yes, the 6 cube is the same as the one in the link, just with more cubes. I've never seen the 4 cube one in store here before - that would be nice record storage for one of my smaller rooms.

9. adm62

adm62 Senior Member

I went to one and there was not much of interest left in the CD racks, except about two dozen copies of Bowie's The Next Day. Bizarre!

10. Muddy Holly

Muddy Holly Senior Member

Ha! Lots of those here, too!

11. canonlon

canonlon Forum Resident

Target Corp. is planning to close all of its Canadian stores even faster than originally planned.

A court-appointed monitor overseeing the windup of the Target Canada stores says all 133 locations across the country will be permanently shut down by “as early as mid-April,” which is about a month ahead of schedule.

Some locations have already ceased operations — 17 stores closed in the middle of March. Another six Target locations will shutter on Monday, while 23 are slated for closure on April 1, and 32 more on April 2.

12. brimuchmuze

70% off CDs now at my local target.

13. Dennis Metz

Dennis Metz Born In A Motor City south of Detroit

From what I saw 90% wouldn't be enough

ptijerm likes this.
  14. brimuchmuze

I found some good stuff today, but it's all YMMV of course.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Avenging Robot

Avenging Robot Senior Member

Last year some Targets started carrying a small selection of vinyl as they were starting to sell the Crosley record grinders...I mean players. Over the past 2 weeks I managed to pick up Johnny Cash Live at San Quenton (Music on Vinyl), Simon and Garfunkel's Bridge over Troubled Water (Music on Vinyl) and AC/DC's Back in Black all for about 10 bucks and change each. I also picked up around 30 CD's by the Black Keys, Arcade Fire etc. etc.

I really like Target in the States and am sad to see them go here (although it was never a destination for music for me). If Costco goes I'm gonna stick my head in a gas oven.

I also have to say I'm am extremely disappointed about the odd person I see giving Target staff a hard time. These poor people just lost their jobs and some people still think it's OK to act like a complete a**hat to them over a petty issue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.