Walking Dead on AMC (Part 6: Everybody Dies) (No Comic Spoilers, Please)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by DreadPikathulhu, Mar 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

Sorry, I accidentally hit "Like." I don't actually like that you got suspended.

Mazzy likes this.
  2. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

Just hit it again to unlike it. You still have a couple minutes.

Mazzy likes this.
  3. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

Already did. Thanks.

Mazzy and jriems like this.
  4. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member Thread Starter

The characters have done a remarkably good job of not placing any blame on anyone for their zombie predicament.

5. Dr. Pepper

Dr. Pepper What, me worry?

Deanna has lost her son and husband since Rick and his crew have come to town. It would be pretty normal to blame the eventually while going through the grief process, whether they are truly to blame or not. Grief isn't logical.

JimC likes this.
  6. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Wow, the ratings were through the roof on this show on Sunday -- it's the biggest show of the last week (at least in the demo):

http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/amcs-walking-dead-draws-record-finale-ratings-1201462598/

Huge, huge, huge hit -- and it has no signs of show fatigue, even after 70 episodes.

When the sniper girl laid down in the hole with the walkers to take a nap, I immediately said, "man, the SMELL would kill ya!" They seem to forget that rotting corpses (walking or not) don't smell too good. At least, so I'm told.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2015
  7. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

And although the son lost his life because he and his friend were fools, it wouldn't be a stretch to assert that Deanna's husband DID die because of Rick. If Rick had taken a more measured approach, they probably could have done something about the Dr. Drunk problem that wouldn't have resulted in anyone dying (except, possibly, Dr Drunk). . If she forgives Rick easily (or at all) it's not particularly realistic. (And yeah, I know, what's the point of using that word when discussing Zombies).

JimC likes this.
  8. Dubmart

Dubmart Senior Member

I know we've speculated about just how many people are living in Alexandria, but I really thought they skimped on the extras budget with the town meeting, I mean come on, there were more walkers in a single trailer than people at the very important meeting, maybe there really are only 30 or 40 people there, if so not good when the wolves come calling.

nbakid2000, Vidiot and JimC like this.
  9. dead of night

dead of night Senior Member

I have new respect for Rick. His speech at the end of the show reminded me of Abraham Lincoln and Martin Luther King.

They will find us.
    They will hunt us
    They will use us.
    They will kill us.

Just because we're here.

And then Deanna says, "Rick, Kill Him!" That line is the emblem of a new era in Alexandria. A tougher, smarter people.

Powerful, powerful stuff.

ssmith3046 and JimC like this.
  10. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

But I thought you were made at him because he sniffed that girls hair? :laugh:

11. Mike B

Mike B Forum Resident

Maybe it was budget but I liked that the meeting was small. It means most folks in the town did not show up- because their indifferent. Deanna has a strong hold over everyone because they let her, because so far they're safe so they figure, if it ain't broke...
    I'm guessing they just didn't care if the new folks get kicked out or not.

12. Mike B

Mike B Forum Resident

My company manages the social media for AMC. Yesterday evening I spoke with a colleague that is on-site at AMC as a social community manager for them. She was both bragging that she got to see the finale early and just completed RAGGED working her butt off handling all the on-line buzz.
    The Walking Dead is perfect for the internet age.

JimC likes this.
  13. misterdecibel

misterdecibel Bulbous Also Tapered

I think it just means they didn't cast any more townspeople. Have they ever said what the population of Alexandria is?

14. DreadPikathulhu

15. balzac

balzac Senior Member

Hopefully it doesn't entail having to read the obvious, inane "tweets" like the ones Hardwick reads on "Talking Dead." Seriously, between that and the "Skype" video questions, the call-in and tweet/facebook questions, and the fact that they do "live quizzes" now on the show where it makes it appear a good 25% of the people watching the show are paying NO actual attention to the show, the online community for the show comes across as pretty thick.

Seriously, it's like:

While fighting Pete, Rick:

a) Punched Pete
    b) Purple Monkey Dishwasher
    c) Drank a martini

...and still 11% will say martini...

I don't say this to stroke any egos, but the discussion here is one of the few places I've found that is interesting, with some cogent, thoughtful commentary.

Rant over, and not targeted at anyone specifically. :)

Gumboo, GentleSenator and JimC like this.
  16. mike's beard

mike's beard Forum Resident

After a couple of great episodes and all the hype for the season ending, I gotta say it was a let down. And the writers really need to decide if a character is crazy and stick with it. Last time we saw Morgan he was out and out NUTS - now he seems like a completely different person. Rick had totally flipped his wig at the end of the last epsiode, yet last night he woke up and he was back to the same as he had always been.

JimC likes this.
  17. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

I'm POSITIVE it was Purple Monkey Dishwasher.

Hawklord and JimC like this.
  18. DreadPikathulhu

We've been trained to expect BIG THINGS to happen in the finale, and this one was pretty small. Some of the episodes leading up to the finale would have been better season enders.

I think too much time was wasted on pointless subplots, such as Dr. Wife-Beater, Survivor -Guilt Sasha, and Carl's budding romance.

JimC likes this.
  19. dbacon

dbacon Senior Member

After watching the season finally, I went back and watched the first three episodes of season one. The walkers were very different back then...much more human. They ran...used tools...problem solved.

20. Mike B

Mike B Forum Resident

No no, it's bigger picture stuff like analytics and trends, and producing content as well.

21. KOWHeigel

KOWHeigel Forum Resident

This is very interesting. A good excuse to go back and watch the show over again.

As far as the finale goes, I was a little disappointed. On the one hand, I was glad no major characters were killed off, and on the other, I felt like nothing much actually happened except for the reintroduction of Morgan which of course was left as a cliffhanger for the beginning of next season. The finally was touted as being 90 minutes to fit in all the action but in the end there was a good amount of filler.

22. ArpMoog

ArpMoog Forum Resident

I have a idea that the wolves clan use the zombies to do the work for them. They come across a place and take the zombie trucks with them.
    take down a wall and let em lose to do the work. Then crank up the rave round em up and finish it off.
    If this is the case it would be evil genius.

23. misterdecibel

misterdecibel Bulbous Also Tapered

I'm hoping that all of season six is flashbacks of what Morgan has been up to since we last saw him in that town in Georgia.

Kossoff is God and mace like this.
  24. DreadPikathulhu

I'm hoping that season six is nothing but Morgan and Michonne battling zombies with their respective weapons. Maybe they'll take a trip to Japan to check out the situation over there.

25. xdawg

xdawg in labyrinths of coral caves

I think you are onto something! Good call!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.