Dave Brubeck Quartet in Amsterdam & The Last Time We Saw Paris

Discussion in 'Third Party Sales & Auctions' started by duggadugdug, Feb 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. duggadugdug

duggadugdug Professional Dilettante Thread Starter

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261785934188
    DAVE BRUBECK QUARTET In Amsterdam & Last Time We Saw Paris jazz LP w CD backup

Two great Dave Brubeck Quartet live albums never released on CD!
    You are bidding on two very nice, original Columbia two-eye pressings of two live albums by the Dave Brubeck Quartet that have never seen digital or CD release. Both of them include the original paper inner sleeve, as well as a new paper sleeve holding the LP. Each comes with a digital backup of the album for sale (uncompressed 44.1 KHz transfer to audio CD-R w/ track breaks):
    BRUBECK IN AMSTERDAM (Columbia CS 9897, Stereo)
    Cover: Very Good+ Vinyl: Mint
    The sound on this album is phenomenal, and this copy has been played exactly twice (I recently removed it from the original, sealed shrink wrap myself). While the cover shows a bit of age-appropriate edge discoloration and edge/corner wear, it is in excellent condition, with no seam splits. The vinyl is immaculate and sounds great. This late-night concert at the Royal Concertgebouw is one of the classic Quartet's absolute best recorded live performances, and it is incomprehensible that it never has been released on CD.
    Tracks:
    • Since Love Had Its Way
    • King for a Day
    • The Real Ambassador
    • They Say I Look Like God
    • Dizzy Ditty
    • Cultural Exchange
    • Good Reviews
    • Brandenburg Gate
    THE LAST TIME WE SAW PARIS (Columbia CS 9672, Stereo)
    Cover: Very Good Vinyl: Very Good
    A very nice, vinyl copy (no visible scratches) of the classic DBQ's final European performance prior to their 1967 disbanding, recorded on November 13, 1967 at the Salle Pleyel in Paris.
    Tracks:
    • Swanee River
    • These Foolish Things (Remind Me of You)
    • Forty Days
    • One Moment Worth Years
    • La Paloma Azul (The Blue Dove)
    • Three to Get Ready

2. duggadugdug

Price drop on this auction. These are both excellent, but the sound quality on Amsterdam is phenomenal.

3. duggadugdug

Bump. The price is now as low as I'm going to go. The "Amsterdam" recording is now my second favorite DBQ live album (after Carnegie Hall).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.