Acoustic Research Legend cueing lever...

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by frimleygreener, Mar 31, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. frimleygreener

frimleygreener "It 'a'int why...it just is" Thread Starter

Some advice sought..the bar that supports the arm will not raise high enough to lift the arm from the record sufficiently to allow for safe lifting when removing or placing a disk. What movement there is seems free and unhindered,I have applied some recommended "sewing machine oil"and cleaned all visible parts.
    It's a bit like being stuck on a difficult cryptic crossword clue,the longer you look at it the worse it gets,but get up and walk away for a while,and the answer smacks you between the eyes.Well that has just happened (I think)...Is the platter too high above the plinth to allow the cueing device to function to its full extent? I t seems pretty obvious to me,given that there is room to allow lowering of the platter...or am I clutching at straws?
    Any advice(and some wonderful advice given and heeded to date)from fellow vinyl lovers?

2. McLover

McLover Senior Member

Vinyl Nirvana's owner might be able to assist you. He's expert on AR turntables.

3. frimleygreener

Thanks for that..will try and make contact!

4. frimleygreener

Still struggling with this...could anyone tell me how to safely dismantle the cueing device so I may overhaul it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.