the worst drummers

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by redfloatboat, May 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nikh33

nikh33 Senior Member

Jasper Carrot.

2. old school

old school Senior Member

Jaki is great always amazed me. I know for sure his name does not belong on this list!

3. RoryStorm

RoryStorm Forum Resident

"It's only a rock n roll thread....but I like it, I like it, yes I do......."

4. four sticks

four sticks Senior Member

In other words... he fits perfectly!

5. Lars isn't even the worst drummer in Metallica.

broccolid and Tristero like this.
  6. Sprocket Henry

Sprocket Henry Forum Resident

Michael Clarke is by far one of the worst drummers of a major group that I've ever heard.

His brief fill which leads into the outro of "Goin' Back" is absolutely mediocre and jarring.

Keith V likes this.
  7. Pete Norman

Pete Norman Forum Resident

Phil Collins

8. Siegmund

Siegmund Vinyl Sceptic

I think that was layer by Jim Gordon.

I really like it, btw!

Golden Richards and BadJack like this.
  9. Sprocket Henry

Sprocket Henry Forum Resident

Oh, did he play on this track? I stand corrected.

10. jwb1231970

jwb1231970 Ordinary Guy

Micky Dolenz of the Monkees, if you listen to the headquarters sessions you can see how much of a beginner he was (which he was of course). But I think he fits well in this post because it is a major band with a big album, at least at the time and is still regarded highly by Monkee Fans at least.

11. Andersoncouncil

Andersoncouncil Forum Resident

Agree, but actually DO NOT respect Phil as a man after his latest legal troubles.

12. Andersoncouncil

constantly speeding up/slowing down tempo. Listen to Disposable Heroes for an example. I think his problem is he gets a little too carried away, and since Metallica's music (especially in the 80's) was very precise. Still, no excuse for these mistakes on studio recordings IMO.

13. LivingForever

LivingForever Forum Arachibutyrophobic

I assume we did Mick Pointer of (early) Marillion way back in the thread? Ok then, as you were...

Carserguev likes this.
  14. LivingForever

LivingForever Forum Arachibutyrophobic

Say whaaaaat? Even if you can't stand the be-mulleted 80's superstar of the same name, that beardy dude who played on The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway and with Eno and all that other good stuff is worthy of a modicum of respect, no?

15. Andersoncouncil

and their guitarist for that matter.

16. pool_of_tears

pool_of_tears Searching For Simplicity

That's not Clarke playing the drums on that song. Try again :)

Clarkophile likes this.
  17. pool_of_tears

Brand X, too.

18. pool_of_tears

So, now you like it?

Lost In The Flood likes this.
  19. Seederman

Seederman Forum Resident

Michael Clarke always had a serious chip on his shoulder, from what I could tell. He may have been an adequate drummer at times, but he just wasn't up to the others in the band. I'm fascinated by the argument that breaks out during the sessions for Notorious Byrd Brothers. Crosby and Clarke really get at it. The thing that strikes me is that Crosby isn't being nasty; he begins very patiently to explain the sound they want, and he is affirmative and supportive and constructive in his criticism. But Clarke gets all bent out of shape, and Crosby finally has enough...

The good stuff starts at 6:48

Sprocket Henry likes this.
  20. Andersoncouncil

funny thing is...this is what you sound like when you don't practice. I was in bands in my 20's in which we were all competent musicians, but would do the most stupid thing a band can do---attempt a cover song without practicing, thinking you can get through it because the guitarist knows what key it's in. It never works!

21. Andersoncouncil

try listening to Disposable heroes. He loses the beat halfway through the song. It's a mess.

22. mooseman

mooseman Forum Resident

Please stop these kinds of threads....this is not facebook. I wonder what age the people are who start these kinds of threads.

EasterEverywhere, Galeans and ledsox like this.
  23. Siegmund

Siegmund Vinyl Sceptic

Can't remember if I've said this on here before (apologies if I have) but the winner of this contest should be Gary Leeds, 'drummer' with American British Invasion group the Walker Brothers. He was so bad, he didn't drum on their records and hardly drummed with them live, either. Only nominally a drummer, really.

Moonbeam Skies likes this.
  24. veloso2

veloso2 Forum Resident

mike joyce
    rick buckler

25. Galeans

Galeans Forum Resident

:rolleyes:

Seriously, I don't know if this was supposed to be a joke or not, but this "Phil Collins is a bad drummer" kind of thing is annoying and inaccurate, to say the least.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.