Barnes & Nobles - Original Album Series (5-CD) $9.99

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Tjazz, Oct 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store) Thread Starter

2. Bobby Buckshot

Bobby Buckshot Heavy on the grease please

Have been really tempted to purchase some of these , like the Mayfield, Simply Red and Anita Baker sets but held off not knowing about quality (now I see they have one for Testament, which I wouldn't mind picking up as well). Would love to hear some reviews of these b/c unfortunately B&N's website lacks a ton of details.

3. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Add the coupon code BNFRIENDS to save 20% on one item.

4. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Bobby Buckshot likes this.
  5. rtalwani

rtalwani Forum Resident

I ordered the Otis Redding set. It came to $11.69 with the code, CA tax and shipping. Not bad for Otis' first five albums. Thanks for the tips.

6. clhboa

clhboa Forum Resident

I just bought six of 'em! Even if I already have a couple discs in a set it's still a great deal.

Peter Pyle likes this.
  7. FastForward

FastForward Forum Resident

Thanks for posting. I'm always amazed at the sheer number of these sets-many of which I've never seen at the retail store level. I'm also amazed at some of the prices, good and bad...

8. MerseyBeatle

MerseyBeatle Martha my dear (1995-2012)

Tjazz likes this.
  9. Tjazz

That's funny, I bought Warren Zevon at the store today with the 20% off coupon too.

dee likes this.
  10. cdash99

cdash99 Senior Member

Really? At this price ($2 per album) they're nearly disposable if you're that dissatisfied with them. We've all rented crappy movies for more money than that.

lightbulb likes this.
  11. RPhelps

RPhelps Forum Resident

expired for me

12. masterbucket

masterbucket Senior Member

Only good thru the 13th.

13. Bobby Buckshot

Bobby Buckshot Heavy on the grease please

Well dang, when you put it that way...

cdash99 likes this.
  14. patient_ot

patient_ot Senior Member

I didn't know they were also selling them online, I guess I thought it was completely random because I found the Coltrane and Emmylou Harris sets at a local BN for 9.99 awhile back. They do have some others occasionally, but they are typically artists I'm not too interested in. For anyone that likes soul music, the Donny Hathaway, Curtis Mayfield, and Otis Redding sets look to be well worth getting if you don't own the contents of those already.

15. masterbucket

masterbucket Senior Member

Picked up The Young Rascals set at local BN and it was only $7.99.
    The currently have a 15 percent coupon for any one item good till tomorrow night.
    Grab you some!!

16. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

I stopped in a local Barnes & Noble store this afternoon, and they still had several of these sets for $9.99. This was my first time there in a couple of months, and I saw a Jethro Tull set there for the first time. I picked up Tull and a Bread set for $19.06 with tax after my Barnes & Noble member discount.

(The Tull set has Songs From The Wood, Heavy Horses, Stormwatch, A, and The Broadsword and The Beast.)

Campbell Saddler likes this.
  17. Tjazz

But don't forget the coupons too. (they just had a 15% off one item coupon)

18. KeithH

I do get them by e-mail, but I didn't have one on my phone yesterday. Next time. :)

19. KeithH

Stopping in a Barnes & Noble store yesterday, I saw a couple Sony Original Album Classics 5-disc sets in the $9.99 section. They had these two:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I picked up the Rollins set.

Mr. H likes this.
  20. popscene

popscene Senior Member

Your mileage may vary, but I tried using the 15% coupon on those sets once. They told me that the coupon only applied to the list price, not the sale price. Most of those 5-CD sets list for $19.99 to $24.99, even when they're selling them for $9.99. The same goes for any of the discs in those bargain bins.

21. Tjazz

I've purchased these $9.99 (sale items) with coupons of 40%, 30%, 20%, and 15%. No problems. Also have used these coupons on Bargain books, that were discounted to like $3.99 or $5.99. But I think you're right, the fine print, sometimes states not available on sale items. The clerks usually just scan the discount coupons and let the computer deal with it. (I usually just go to another clerk, if the clerk denies the coupon. LOL)

22. KeithH

I haven't used a Barnes & Noble coupon in awhile, but I don't remember getting one that could be applied to the sale price. So they scan the sale item, and the sale price comes up. As I recall, once the coupon is scanned, the price automatically changes to the regular price less the coupon discount.

23. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

That Jethro Tull set, plus a bunch of others are now added to the $9.99 price point, see this link:

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/s/Original-Album-Series?csrfToken=WgpZvbjHKY1dS2e6eAloLbTR0iY2nZTI&sort=PA&size=90&aref=1533&csrftoken=WgpZvbjHKY1dS2e6eAloLbTR0iY2nZTI&dref=856&keyword=Original Album Series

Now included are the 5 CD sets by artists such as:

Jethro Tull
    Randy Newman
    Yes
    Little Feat
    America
    Bread
    Doobie Brothers

and others...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 30, 2015
  24. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

I have run into this problem before , sometimes they just do it anyways & warn you next time they can't do this .... but you still get the $1 off for being a member .

25. rjp

rjp Senior Member

all the ones i want are not 9.99 ;(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.