Free $70 Gift Card at Amazon Upon Approval For Amazon Credit Card!

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by George P, Mar 31, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. George P

George P Notable Member Thread Starter

In case any of you guys didn't know, amazon has a promotion right now that will get you a $70 gift card, just for applying for and getting approved for an amazon credit card. I did this recently and now see a sweet $70 gift card in my amazon account. I don't plan to ever use the card, but how can I turn down a free $70 shopping spree?

http://www.amazon.com/compare-credit-card-offers/b?ie=UTF8&node=3561432011

2. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

I already have an Amazon credit card - should I cancel it and get a new one? ;)

boboquisp likes this.
  3. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

DO use it !!!! You're going to love it George ! I use mine for literally everything but the rent, and I get all the rewards I'm sure you've already read about. 3% for Amazon & Mktplce purchases / 2% for restaurants, gas, and pharmacy / 1% for all the rest.
    I've let my rewards balance grow past $200. + so far, and have gotten a lot of cool things in the past for either free, or damn near free, using my rewards points. Of course I pay the card in full every month ( haven't spent a penny on interest in almost 3 years now ! ) Congrats on the added $70. surprise too.

George P likes this.
  4. tubesandvinyl

tubesandvinyl Forum Resident

$99 annual fee up here

5. lv70smusic

lv70smusic Senior Member

I didn't read all of the fine print, but usually offers such as this have limitations such as "new account holders only" or "must not have had an account during the past x months."

6. lv70smusic

lv70smusic Senior Member

I use my Amazon-Chase card a lot, too. I'll repeat what I posted in another thread a while ago: One gets a better deal not using the points to shop on Amazon but rather having those points applied as a credit to one's account. Why? Well, if you use your points to pay for a purchase, you don't earn more points on that purchase because you didn't charge it to your card. If you charge that item to your card, you will earn points for the purchase and then you can use your points to pay off the charge on the card. Of course, this assumes (a) that one pays off one's credit card in full each month, so there's no interest on the purchase and (b) one accumulates enough points on a regular basis to request credits to one's account. (If I'm not mistaken, one can only request a credit to one's account after accumulating enough points for a $50 credit.)

Myke likes this.
  7. George P

Wow, I hope there's no annual fee in the USA.

@MYKE?

8. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

There isn't - or at least there isn't for the card I've had for 5 years or so...

9. George P

:goodie:

10. Myke

No George, just rewards. Glorious rewards.

George P likes this.
  11. Myke

Statement credit. I have got to remember to do this !

12. mmars982

mmars982 Forum Resident

When I click the link, I only see $30 gift card being offered. Did I miss it?

13. George P

I would call/email them. It's odd that the first image shows $70, but when you click it switches to $30.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.